TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

TJ's adult holiday dragon looks weird to me, like either the head is too big or the body is too short. unsure.gif I like the wrapping paper idea, though.

TO ALL SUBMISSIONS:You all have SOO much creativity,Im amazed & embarrassed over my decorative tries...

But for everyone who made the "event" a big hit by letting your creativity out & DOING this decor...you are ALL winners in my eyes,thank you for letting us all oooh & ahhh over all the awesome entries!!EPIC!! biggrin.gif (One members opinion)!

Rockin' On

Edited by Rockin' On

Oooh, nice to finally see the adults! biggrin.gif

Just named my hatchlings Chrismahanukwanzakah and That's A Wrap. wub.gif

That's a Wrap! laugh.gif What a great name! Shame I didn't think of it...

Some people on here are really talented, but me...count me out! I haven't got the patience... mad.gif

OOoooo neat new Christmas dragon...Thank you TJ for letting us look at the new look...and spriters, you guys did a definately great job this time!!

My Gingerbread House!

The dormer window is such a great idea! And the tree with the little swing on it - perfect! Added the red and white color scheme this is one of my favorite houses so far.

Awwww! Thank you so much!! And thanks to everyone else (Anna Selka, DeathCry, blackdragon71, among others) who gave me such nice compliments on my house! :-D I'm having SO much fun browsing through this thread and looking at all the pretty and creative ideas.

Also -- Thuban!!! I love your stairs and your crazy swirly tree with fruit in the branches! Your house looks fabulous!

And Wolfs_Bane -- The playset! I love love love it!!!

And Jocosa, Your roof is faboo, and I am enamored of what you did with the sprinkles on the Christmas tree. It's so pretty and pine-needle-y! :-D

@kayla -- Your house is not *remotely* plain, and I love the little dancers! It's so cool that you saw the diamond-shaped frosting and went to crazy voodoo masks!

and @icecube -- Your fence design is so pretty! Also, I'm loving those double-violet windows. smile.gif

Hailwidis, I really like the vine growing up the lamppost, and the way you topped it -- pretty and unique!

Also, Ldyfsh -- Yet another new and creative fence idea! I never would have thought to use the window frames like that...or the icing swirls as bows!

panthera1 -- Words cannot describe the awesomeness of that Holly!

I'm enjoying all the super rainbow designs as well -- lots of lovely roofs patterns, wall tiles, and rainbow dragon lineups pulling the sleigh... :-D

@MischiefTigertot -- I LOVE your house! It's just so gorgeous all around -- the fence and gate design, the front walk, the roof, the color scheme... I'm in love! May I go and live there, please?

And @A. L. Aljan -- I am in awe of all the work and skill that went into your house. The trees!!!

CaptainCute, I adoooooore the chessboard house! It looks so pretty with the light green, too; great colors!

Fengshein, your dragon... I am so impressed. It looks stupendous!

I was just strolling through looking at gingerbread houses...

Then I found yours!  ohmy.gif

I really want to copy the swing idea so bad.  xd.png

Well, not the whole tree and the swing...but just make a little couch for people to sit on...and maybe even a person...playing a board game...

Mine is board game themed.  biggrin.gif There's a huge die about the size of the door...there's a checkerboard with the dragons as game pieces...and there's also diamonds, hearts, clubs, and spades.

The black clubs was hard to make on the wall if I wanted it to be the same size as the others...but I just used my creativity and made it even bigger and put it smack on the door.  smile.gif

@ cathil -- Do it!!! I'm flattered that you like my design so much. And who *doesn't* want a cozy bench under a tree outside their home? Hehehehehehe. Your colors are perfect for a game-themed house, too!

Edited by Kelkelen

Here's my contribution to the fabulous show-and-tell we've been having here:

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/A.%20L.%20Aljan

There's been sooooo many creative houses here that I couldn't help but borrow and tweak others' ideas, and this is what appeared... I wish I'd have had it planned out better in the beginning, because I ended up having to do a *LOT* of re-layering several times, especially the dormer window in the front: I've probably had to re-do that a dozen times - not joking!

Thanks to T.J., the spriters, and for everyone that's taken the time to share. This has been a fantastic event!

Wow!! You are incredibly talented, I love your house!

Wow!! You are incredibly talented, I love your house!

Holy Woah how did I miss this one?

Its amazing i love it wow

Most awesome one yet!

Amazing! It looks like you did the Stairway to Heaven!

ooh a stairway  pretty cool idea i dont think i seen another like this

Aaaaaah!  It's great -- mystical pathway to another world!  Hehehe.  I love the look of the door itself, and the railing you've made for the path.  Super-cool! 

I love Silverlight's Gingerbread house.  Really inviting.

Awhhh, thanks you guys X3

I swear, the houses that I love most are those with the dragons! But it seems that mine hasnt got any place else left to put one.... sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/A.%20L.%20Aljan -> This one looks amazing though!

Named mine Grand Master Wrap and Gangstah Wrapper. My Hub, Ayelldee, named his Wrapaport and Wrappin' Ronnie. Love the new Xmas dragons! Waytogo!!

Awhhh, thanks you guys X3

I swear, the houses that I love most are those with the dragons! But it seems that mine hasnt got any place else left to put one.... sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/A.%20L.%20Aljan -> This one looks amazing though!

You're very welcome. smile.gif For the thanks, I mean. And that house does look amazing!

Edited by dorsaldragon10

I am so glad the Gingerbread houses weren't a competition this year! It helped me become more creative without worrying what other people think. biggrin.gif And I can look and "ooh" and "ahh" at everyone else's without thinking "Aw they're gonna beat me for sure."

Thanks TJ and Spriters for this event!!

My house was done on Christmas. xd.png I loved my Holly Dragon, L'amour, on it so much that I couldn't possibly tear it down again.