TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I have finished cooking smile.gif It was a lot of fun, thanks guys for preparing everything for us <3

But... now.... what?

Edited by Ivyeth

Really?! Thats all? O___o I use the portal style and thats my problem?

THANK YOU!!!! <3

EDIT: It really works! Wow, thank you again x3

Your very welcome ^ _ ^ I'm glad I was able to help.

WB

I really wish the badge for this year had been a gingerbread house like the one in TJ's graphic rather than a big pie! tongue.gif (I do not like cooking! xd.png )

I still can't make bread yet! xd.png

Edited by BrightStarBella

I think I will not be breeding mine next year. They are nice linages and still nobody wants them. I'd rather not breed then just dump the lot to the AP only to know they will most likely die anyway

Kinda feel your pain there. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the children of my holidays. Very few bred, precious few lineaged. Makes me sad. Not sure why people are so mad for 2nd gens when they never breed them anyway. My yules are a nice stairstep but only one person ever continued it. And at least one got released into the wild, I guess to make room for a 2nd gen. Which kinda doesn't make sense, as to me, a 2nd gen is not a lineage at all. /has-a-sad

Wish I could continue my own so there'd be something nifty under the bred list. The first year they got bred I gave out the abandoned codes, so they were all claimed by people that "wanted" them at the time. Now, it's like all that matters is having 2nd gen trade value.

Kinda feel your pain there. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the children of my holidays. Very few bred, precious few lineaged. Makes me sad. Not sure why people are so mad for 2nd gens when they never breed them anyway. My yules are a nice stairstep but only one person ever continued it. And at least one got released into the wild, I guess to make room for a 2nd gen. Which kinda doesn't make sense, as to me, a 2nd gen is not a lineage at all. /has-a-sad

Wish I could continue my own so there'd be something nifty under the bred list. The first year they got bred I gave out the abandoned codes, so they were all claimed by people that "wanted" them at the time. Now, it's like all that matters is having 2nd gen trade value.

I honestly can't decide if I want 2nd gen's, or something with a nice lineage :S

I have picked up some amazing lineages, only to fret at wanting a second gen... In the end, i decided on second gens... next year I'm going to breed my snow angel x Lurker with my Ribbon Dancer x Lurker, and maybe make another mate from this yr's christmas dragon and next yrs Halloween's/ Valentines to go with a snow angel x heart seeker I'm trading for xd.png

This event is very very yummy. :^)

I'm not a big player of DC anymore but I accidentally ended up catching 2 holly eggs and gave one to a friend. If you've been trying to get one for a long time (more than 2 years most likely), you may shoot me a message and I could gift it to you. smile.gif

DC events continue to astound me. Great job!

I know what you mean! The AP is so flooded that I haven't bred any of my holidays yet (except for the Holly, but that was for someone specific). I'll breed them for anyone who asks, but right now, I'm not seeing much chance of someone even picking them up out there, and all but the Winter Magi would be 3rd gens, and so even if someone picked them up I doubt they would want them. sad.gif

I picked up a beautiful 3rd gen Yulebuck for myself, though, with guardians and a gold in its lineage. I'll breed a mate for it with other guardians and holidays and get pretty commons out of it, I think. smile.gif

I released my yulebucks (because their lineages were HORRIBLY messed up... :c)... but when I went to the AP, all of them had messed up lineages! I eventually had to settle for some moderately pretty lineages that weren't what I was looking for at all... I suppose i'll have to wait another year and try again. ;v;

I released my yulebucks (because their lineages were HORRIBLY messed up... :c)... but when I went to the AP, all of them had messed up lineages! I eventually had to settle for some moderately pretty lineages that weren't what I was looking for at all... I suppose i'll have to wait another year and try again. ;v;

Keep trying this year! Abandon one of the ones you have and keep trying. I just saw two very nice second gens on the abandoned page. I can't pick them up because I am at my limit, but I like to check lineages to see what is out there. One of them was black x yule and the other was magi x yule. I have also seen some nice even third gens. So don't give up, yet. Lots of people are still breeding, so you have time to look.

wow, how many recipes are there? Finally got mine to work by switching back to firefox instead of IE. Tried to experiment but I get great big messes lol kinda like the ones my daughter makes. Now I'm hungry.

Can we do this for halloween next year? make monsters.

72 or 73 recipes I believe xd.png there's a spreadsheet with all of them though

How many Red star recipes total are there? I've made it to 41 but that just seems an odd number to stop at.

How many Red star recipes total are there? I've made it to 41 but that just seems an odd number to stop at.

I thought it was 40, so you probably finished now

This is going to be fun~ Thanks TJ! I'd better breed my Holiday Dragons. Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah (sorry for botched spelling)/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy Whatever you believe in Holidays!

Ack, I keep getting recipes but I do not have the ingred. to make them yet. *frustrating*

You should, I noticed that I got all my ingredients before the cards came to me, so I'd think it'd work the same...If so, you might need to make something without a card to see, its actually fairly simple.....

Mushrooms Prepped-Sliced Mushrooms.....

Me too happy.gif. Actually, I also released my Snow Angels. After a lot of digging through eggs I managed to find some nice lineages I think.

Has anyone else gotten two of the same recipe? I got two of the meatpie, same recipe, just hoping it does not mess up my finishing this!

Has anyone else gotten two of the same recipe? I got two of the meatpie, same recipe, just hoping it does not mess up my finishing this!

It's not the same, there are 2 types of meat pies. wink.gif

It's not the same, there are 2 types of meat pies. wink.gif

Ah, thanks, this is a bit deceptive as when you make them they show in the same place. I have a pumpkin pie, so I am done yes?

Does the event not work for Firefox users? I notice I have to load DC on Chrome in order to be able to cook recipes, but I can collect them using Firefox...

DC has 100% permissions (Since I'm running NoScript)