Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

As for breeding my Halloweens:

Marrows (have 4, all CB):

2 will definitely be black X marrow. The other 2 I'm not sure.

I think I'll do 1 Marrow X Val09

And the last female will either a marrow X nebula or Marrow X ember. leaning towards ember.

Or I might use the last 2 and have a PB. Still haven't picked.

Shadow-walkers (have 7):

3 PB pairs (With the new egg limits that were put in before their release, I have no fear that there will be a shortage)

and 1 shadow walker X purple (not just any purple, the 2nd gen one on my scroll with a zombie mother)

Decided to do a PB with my last two marrows. smile.gif

Here are 2 questions for you guys. What are your favorite Halloween pairings? and What theme are you hoping the 2012 Halloween dragon will be?

Just thought I'd re post the questions. I really do love hearing your answers.

I'm a tad bit wary. I want to try breeding some of my Halloween catches from last year, but I'm not sure of the success rate.

Hopefully I can catch at least one pumpkin! Maybe this year's release will have a 'witch-like' dragon. smile.gif

I'm a tad bit wary. I want to try breeding some of my Halloween catches from last year, but I'm not sure of the success rate.

Hopefully I can catch at least one pumpkin! Maybe this year's release will have a 'witch-like' dragon. smile.gif

I believe Holidays generally give at least one egg when bred in their season and many of mine have given 3 or 4 eggs. Personally, however, I'm going to hold off breeding until a bit after midnight in case there are crazy glitches. rolleyes.gif

*rubs hands* I'm getting quite excited at the prospect of breeding my Halloweens and grabbing the new ones! biggrin.gif

Edit: My keyboard hates me...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Honestly, I hope the new release will have a cool BSA, like a vampire!

I don't think Holidays get BSA because they are rare and only obtained once a year. I think Vampires got a BSA because they couldn't breed. I am not 100% sure though.

My revised plan:

Stay up late one week before Halloween and grab all of the past holidays I can. Hopefully, they'll grow up before that week and I will have all of my slots free for Halloween 2012s.

My plan is to make silver level by Halloween so I can grab six of the new ones, and I'm up to 193! I also plan on grabbing the older ones, as I don't have any holiday dragons yet.

I have renamed some of my dragons to 'marked for death' lol killing each of them from today till Halloween, in order to successfully revive them for Zombies hehe apart from that i'm not breeding at the moment or go hunting as i need my slots, as i got past Halloween dragons to catch + new releases...here's to hoping i can fill my rota i got x

My plans for this year are quite simple: exchanging Halloween eggs with the users with whom I have a deal, getting the new Halloween eggs and try for the 3rd time to finally get at least one adult Zombie dry.gif

My favorite pairing for the pumpkin would be a neglected, but that's not possible. I like them with the dark pygmies or sea wyrms. The shadow walkers I'm not sure about, and the marrows are difficult. they look good with black stripes, rosebuds, or the alt sweetling. I'm not a big enough fan of the dorsals to pair mine up with them. A female silver isn't too bad either. I do really detest them being paired with embers. Yes, they're both black but they are two completely different colors of black and different saturation. They essentially share no common colors and the colors they have do not complement each other.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

My Halloween plans are, for the week of Halloween I will be trying to snatch holiday eggs from the AP, or try catching Rares to trade for Holidays since I have no Halloween dragons...at midnight be here for the new release. Before work I will see if I have any successful zombie adults and hatchlings. After work go trick or treating with my son, getting lots of candy with him. Come back here and attempt to get more successful zombies, and continue my search for new holidays an old.

My favorite pairing for the pumpkin would be a neglected, but that's not possible. I like them with the dark pygmies or sea wyrms. The shadow walkers I'm not sure about, and the marrows are difficult. they look good with black stripes, rosebuds, or the alt sweetling. I'm not a big enough fan of the dorsals to pair mine up with them. A female silver isn't too bad either. I do really detest them being paired with embers. Yes, they're both black but they are two completely different colors of black and different saturation. They essentially share no common colors and the colors they have do not complement each other.

I quite like 'em with Purples, actually. Flamingos seem to be a very popular choice too...

I can't wait to breed my two 2nd-gen Marrows from Marrow x Autumn. The pairings for both genders are just flawless in pose, and the colors aren't bad either~ I think I'll breed my CBs with Autumns too~

Since this will be my first active Halloween on DC (missed every year since..whenever I first started playing), I will be frantically trying to collect (hopefully) nicely lineaged Halloween dragons from all the previous years, while trying as hard as my cruddy internet connection/ancient computer will allow to catch this years release.

AND trying to successfully revive a zombie or two.

My luck is never very good though, so I'm imagining all these grandiose ideas while in reality I'll probably end up with jack squat, and my internet will probably go down on Halloween. xd.png (I'm such a pessimist, lol)

I haven't really been around DC enough lately to make plans for Halloween. At the moment, I'm mainly just trying to gift as many people as I can before Halloween. I haven't even started thinking about zombies, etc. yet so I guess I'll have to get started. I might go and see what I've got lying around to kill now. tongue.gif

I'm looking forward to the Halloween game. The Haunted House was fun last year!

Other plans:

Catch new eggs

Make Zombies

Breed old Halloween dragons

Edited by jis99

I don't think I mentioned this in my other post but I'm keeping my scroll empty until the Halloween event because I plan on breeding all my Halloween dragons and freezing the hatchling's on 1st and second stage to complete my collection of Halloween dragons. That way next year I don't have to worry about freezing them and I can collect the adults as much as I can while saving room for this years new Halloween dragon.

I'm looking forward to breeding and gifting my Halloweens and hopefully snag a few extras to add to my collection, new release ones included of course. My 2nd gens and 3rd gens all have their mates, I just have to figure out what to breed my Shadow Walkers with. Oh, and make Zombie hatchies to get all the Zombie sprites - I was lucky last year and got adults of both genders, now I need to get the hatchies! smile.gif

I plan on breeding and dumping my previous Halloween dragons unless I get trade offers for a Golden Wyvern, Tsunami Wyvern, and Blusang Lindwurm. Those I will be stalking the abandon cave.

This will be my first holiday with dragons to breed! That's super exciting for me, so if you want any offspring from them, please let me know. smile.gif Otherwise I'll be giving their babies away on the thread in the trading area or trading them, or dropping them in the AP. Should be fun!

I'll also be on the lookout for neat lineages and some purebreds or all kinds. I'll be getting a lot of the new releases too, of course! biggrin.gif

...was anyone else sort of hoping for a Halloween News post from TJ today? *fidgets impatiently*

...was anyone else sort of hoping for a Halloween News post from TJ today? *fidgets impatiently*

Halloweens can breed 26th last year.I hope they can breed earlier this year.

Halloweens can breed 26th last year.I hope they can breed earlier this year.

Yeah, I imagine they'll be able to breed around the 25th/26th this year too - I was just hoping for some sort of Halloween schedule so that we know for sure! wink.gif Ah well, there's still time.

So if it's true, I won't be able to get 16 past Halloween dragons plus 5 new ones. Meh. I hoped for a round week (24th - 31st).