Sign in to follow this  
Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

all i want is to get 1 of each Halloween dragon that has ever been available. Alas, i cannot-because people are so crazy about them!

Where should i go to get the Halloween dragons since i can't click fast enough?

all i want is to get 1 of each Halloween dragon that has ever been available. Alas, i cannot-because people are so crazy about them!

You could go to a gifting thread, like the Giving Tree, where many people are willing to gift their holidays.

This will be my first holiday with dragons to breed! That's super exciting for me, so if you want any offspring from them, please let me know. smile.gif Otherwise I'll be giving their babies away on the thread in the trading area or trading them, or dropping them in the AP. Should be fun!

i would sure want some holiday dragons!

(not sure if this is right place to post this but anyway)

But what are the breeds of Halloween dragons again?

QUOTE (DarkstarWolf @ Oct 26 2012, 10:47 PM)

You could go to a gifting thread, like the Giving Tree, where many people are willing to gift their holidays.

Thank you!

Edited by DarkstarWolf

Pumpkin, Black Marrow, and Shadow Walker.

Plus whatever the new release for Halloween 2012 will be. :3

Plus whatever the new release for Halloween 2012 will be.  :3

Thank you!

Maybe i will be lucky enough to catch a m/f pair of each one...

*EDIT* YES! i got 1 shadow walker and 1 Marrow!!!

*EDIT2* changed my goals for this Halloween- i want one m/f pair of each Halloween dragon.

So far i have 1 shadow walker egg and 1 marrow egg.

Edited by DarkstarWolf

For Halloween itself, I'm a bit worried, as I'm at university nearly the whole day. I want to grab the first new dragons when I get up in the morning, although my partens won't appreciate that  laugh.gif

I am just a bit worried if that is possible at all, as I live 6 hours ahead of the Cave time and this weekend, we will change our clocks to winter time, so we turn them one hour back. I don't know if you change to winter time in the USA and if you do it at the same time. I have to leave the house at 7 a.m. which would give two hours time to catch the new dragons if you don't turn your clocks back, too, or I am wrong there?

That could be me wink.gif

I think I will get up earlier than I really need to and spent a few hours hunting the new eggs, and there's always the evening rolleyes.gif

I wrote before:

I'm planning to

- breed my three CB Shadow Walkers and give the eggs to users with no Shadow Walkers --> All bred, but only one egg still remains on my scroll as a gift, the others went to the AP

- get four 2nd gen Pumpkins and three 2nd gen Black Marrows (that's gonna be hard, already made up IOUs) --> Not as hard as I thought, got all 2nd gen Black Marrows I needed, two 2nd gen Pumpkins and a 2nd gen Shadow Walkers, when I'm unlocked, I'll go hunting again, there's always next year

- catch four new Halloween dragons to have two CB pairs --> I'll try for as many as I can get

- _mabye_ try for a second Zombie, but I think I'm happy with my one --> successfully killed two of four fodders, the remaining two are still fighting

Edited by Gluria

I still want to catch a few more Halloween eggs with nice lineages. smile.gif I've also got a heap of dead dragons ready for zombifying. Fingers crossed! I have 5 adults, 1 female hatchie, 3 male hatchies and 1 ungendered. I really really hope the female and ungendered turn, since they're what I'm missing at the moment. I wish I had more ready!

I'm hoping that I'll get at least one Zombie out of 5 dead adults and 5 dead Hatchlings (2 gendered female and the others stayed ungendered). Also All but one of my halloween eggs have hatched so I'm hoping to find more before the new release eggs!

I have to go help run a Trick or Treating event on Halloween with my mom. It's for a bunch of little kids in the community. It won't last long though. So hopefully I can stay up late and catch some eggs before and after school since Halloween has to be on a Wednesday.

I'm not dressing up either. Never found a good costume or came up with a good idea. I'm decorating and designing the entire event though.

Plus whatever the new release for Halloween 2012 will be. :3

Actually, it is

Vampire - '08, Pumpkin - '09, Black Marrow - '10 & Shadow Walker - '11.

People tend to forget the Vamps since they can "bite" all year long, but

the only true CB's came out at Halloween '08. wink.gif

My plan is to collect ALL past Halloween dragons (5x Pumpkin, 5x Marrow, 6x SW) in a week plus the new ones (also 5). How? I have no idea. I'm not sure if Reds will be enough help. Perhaps not.

Plus attempting at Zombie creation.

Alright, an update of what I wrote before.

Everything goes almost as I planned, now I need only 8 dragons (3 old and 5 new). There will be only one egg missing which I won't be able to get this year, because of too small number of Pinks. So, this means... 20 dragons collected in a week. I can already call this a success.

Hmm, actually, due to some very special circumstances, I'll be able to collect all 21 dragons. EXACTLY as I wanted.<3

Edited by Light Concorde

I'm having a blast smile.gif ToT is going kinda slowly but I have a whole week to gather the treats and I'm about halfway through.

Finished the story event and thought it was a bit anti-climactic as compared to last year's haunted house [/brutally honest]

Also made someone's day by breeding a mate for one of her dragons. I asked for one of their children in return. I'm gonna try and breed a mirror-mate for it, hopefully will be able to do so before Samhain.

Picked up some sweet Shadow Walker and Black Marrow second and third-gens from the AP. Currently egg-locked but that's due to change in an hour or so. I'll be trying for another 2G Marrow and Influence it female.

And finally, I have my zombie-fodders Incubated and a day and a half from hatching. If everything pans out right I will have a clear seven slots for this year's Hallowe'en egg. Very excited to see what it is smile.gif

My zombie fodder is ready and my old halloweens bred exactly what I wanted. <3 I'm all set for those new eggs on the 31st.

This is my first holiday with DragCave! I'm trying to get some Halloween dragons and am having a bit of bad luck with it but I haven't given up. I got gifted a Marrow dragon and managed to catch a Shadow Walker from the AC. Now if only I could catch another Shadow Walker and get a Pumpkin I'd be set. Can't wait to see what the new holiday dragon is. I'm trying to keep from being egg locked so I can get a few.

I'm going good so far, I think. I'll keep the eggs I have now, hope they hatch before 31st, and hoard the new halloweens then.

Haven't thought much about zombies, huh. I'll have four hatchie fodders, and maybe a few adults.

What I'm need of is a male pink. I don't have enough to influence my marrow to become a pair sad.gif

I'm trying to plan everything so I get at least 3 Shadow Walkers, 3 Bone Marrows, and 3 Pumpkins hatched before the 31st. It's been my first Halloween since the Vamps in '08, I believe, and I think it's going pretty well happy.gif I have 5 Marrows, 1 Shadow, and 2 Pumpkins.

I love seeing all of the dressed up dragons.

We already have skeletal, zombie, vampire, pumpkin, and ghost themed dragons, so I'm guessing the new ones will be goblin or werewolf-y. But who knows, maybe they will be Frankenstorm dragons wink.gif

Lolol just gonna collect treats, got all my Halloween dragons last year, breed heaps of marrows...

OH you mean outside of DC? Sozzy, I don't have a life outside of DC...

Just kidding. Going trick or treating with friends. I'm being a banana!

I had a very precise breeding / catching scheme.. and it has been completely twisted tongue.gif but anyway I incredibely menaged to get anything I was hoping for.

Now I just need to

- find a long lineaged marrow to freeze

- breed my remaining dragons for people who didn't have luck at catching

- try for some zombies

- hoard new eggs on the 31st biggrin.gif

Is the cave being glitchy for anyone else? I've got a Halloween goodies flower showing up on the pages I visit no matter how many times I click it. When I bred a pumpkin dragon I only had room for one more egg, but I figured since I would only be able to keep one anyway this was fine. When I bred the dragon I was instantly given the "this dragon has already been bred" page, completely skipping showing how many eggs were bred and letting me pick one to keep. I checked on my dragon page, rather confused, and found that I had both of the eggs that had been bred. So eight eggs on my scroll. Then Dragon Cave refused to load for about an hour. When I came back both Pumpkin eggs were gone and the flower was still on all the pages.

Edited by Scrac

My plan is to stock up on the old Halloween dragons, and so far this year I have:

6x Pumpkin

2x Marrow

6x SW

As far as the new ones go, I figure that I will try to get 4 right after midnight, and then grab some stuff off the AP, since people will be dumping great stuff.

I'm going to try to hatch some AP finds, and then try to get a couple more 2012 Halloweens.

My plans have worked perfectly so far smile.gif. My last batch of previous Halloween eggs is due to hatch tomorrow morning and my Halloween hatchies have all gendered. However, one Marrow was stubborn and went against her male influence. This is the first time influence has failed me D:

It better work for the new releases or I swear...

Most of my plans have gone quite well. Only things (aside from catching new release eggs, of course!) that I still really want to do are get a couple of messy SW hatchers to freeze and complete my collection and trade for a Marrow/Gold egg to continue a lineage. Sadly, both are looking somewhat improbable now. XP

But overall not bad!