Sign in to follow this  
Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

I'm really pleased with what I got this year, I've finised all of my collections save for one final Pumpkin that I can breed next year smile.gif Hopefully I can grab a nice batch of this years new eggs as well, but I'm just really glad that I don't have to worry about previous halloween dragons anymore!

I've not been so active in DC lately, but I'm still staying up for the drop. :3 Got to be up early tomorrow, but fortunately I'm in DC time zone. Midnight's not too bad. I didn't get all the ToT sprites this year sad.gif but that was my fault, I forgot about them. But I got the haunted village ones, so it works out. I can't wait to see what the new dragon will be!

Edited by Danne

I am thrilled that TJ pushed the drop back. It made my Halloween last that much longer and gives the people just getting their power back a chance to participate.

Because of the delayed release, I was able to pick up a second round of past holidays and ended up with .... lets see...

9 new pumpkins, 9 new marrows, and 12 new shadow walkers. I also had great success, for me anyway, with zombies and managed to turn 2 adults and three hatchies.

I've had a great holiday so far and just know that the new dragon will be the icing on the cake. laugh.gif I can't wait.

I got almost all the Halloween dragons I wanted (didn't get a third black marrow for freezing purposes but I'll get one next year so no big deal.). I got to pumpkins, three shadow walkers and two black marrow. All in all pretty nice.

Looking forward to the drop and I'm glad it was delayed.

I'm so sorry for those of you who lost dragons due to the power outage sad.gif. The Hatching Dragons site gives a moderate but steady # of views, so even just using that you'd be able to grow your eggs or hatchies if you won't be near a computer (not that it helps this time...sigh).

I am ridiculously excited about the egg drop. I actually had a dream last night that the eggs were shaped like skulls laugh.gif . I'm hoping to grab an egg before bed so I can forgo Dragon Cave dreaming tonight!

I'm glad someone else mentioned checking on offspring. I checked on mine and saw a couple near death eggs. I'm going to assume it's people who've got power out and er them. And they had aid check on so happy.gif

Of course I want to get the new Halloween eggs! Maybe it will be mummy or a bat kind of dragon. (sorry for the bad english) Can't wait biggrin.gif .

Out of all my Halloween adults, I've managed 2 Pumpkins, 8 Marrows, and 8 SW's. All but one are 2G, the exception being a 4G Tinselfail from Joyous Gift. I also managed to nab two SW's and two Pumpkins for freezing, so all I'll need next year is two Marrows and two of the new Halloween dragon to complete my goals. The only dragons I had planned in advance were the Pumpkins and one of the Marrows. I honestly didn't expect this Halloween to be so fantastic. To anyone who has a bred dragon on my scroll or trading with me this Halloween, thank you so much! I'm naming them as they hatch. They will be loved, and snuggled, and read stories at night, and fed brownies, and... AHEM. A special thanks to the very special person with a very big heart who bred me this 2G Tinselfail and also to the magnificent munificent for hatching and gifting this Shadow Walker to me!

All of you are amazing. DC's community always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but the holidays seem to bring out the already ample kindness here in everyone... even the grabbyhands holiday. XD Thanks for making my first Halloween on DC great! Here's hoping the next one is equally as awesome. I'll actually be able to breed things to gift. :')

Just coming back here was my plan. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I still had my dragon names after so long. smile.gif

I didn't catch much by way of older releases this year, and I didn't breed more than one of my Halloween dragons. I'm waiting on the 2012 release.

Edited by Khymarea

I'm so exited I'm practically vibrating! Was able to do way better w/old Halloweens then I ever thought I would, and I guess the delay was actually good for me as I was able to grab a third round of old Halloweens, so now I have 6 Marrows, 2 Pumpkins, and 7, maybe 8 SW. (The maybe is because I'd like to gift it if the user is able to get back online before it grows up)

T minus 3 hours!!!!!

A little under 2 hours now. biggrin.gif Everyone set to pick up the new dragons? I know I am. I just have a couple eggs to hatch and then I'll have all egg slots open.

I got all the Aliset items, but only about half of the ToT ones.

In other news, I ended up with two female 2nd gen PB SWs that I had wanted to make mates. I know I had influenced one male and one female, but it looks like one of them resisted the influence. I tried trading her for a male at around 4 hours left until she grew up, but I was offline for a couple hours.

I also influenced a stairstep Marrow I bred, but she also didn't gender correctly. I named her Above The Influence. xd.png

Out of 12 tries I got 1 Zombie.

Overall this was an "eh, oh well" Halloween for me, although the new dragons may change that. Hopefully next year things will be more in my favor.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I'm excited so far about my Halloween loot. I've missed all the previous DC Halloweens, so I had a lot of catching up to do.

I caught:

7 Marrows

6 Pumpkins

14 Shadow Walkers

and successfully turned 4 Zombies.

Also found all the Aliset items, and all the ToT items.

All I need now is a successful hunt for the new release and I'll be perfectly content! smile.gif

Im so excited less then an hour to go sipping on big mug of coffee so i am awake and ready weeeee i want to get the new eggies as soon as they drop

I got three Shadows, three Pumpkins and three Black Marrows. Hopefully one of my pumpkins is female so I'll have a "complete set". I even managed to catch two vampires in the abandoned page, so that made up for the fact that none of my zombie attempts worked. I'm ridiculously excited for new halloween eggs, my kid even asked if she could stay up late to help me catch them xd.png

I fullfilled my goals for the older releases (two of each (save for Vamps since I can work on that any time of the year) to freeze at ungendered and gendered hatchy stage). Now I just need 6 of the new ones (2 male, 2 female, an ungendered and gendered hatchy).

I got what I was after for older Halloweens, which was several more of each, & managed to snag 2 low-time pumpkin eggs from the AP which will hatch shortly. Got a bonus GoN on Halloween. Awaiting the new drop eagerly, & will be sending some eggs to new homes before catching my lot.