Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

What are your DC plans for Halloween? Any breeding projects you are involved in? What are your guesses on the event and new release?

Post away. smile.gif

I think it will be something like a skeletal dragon or something

I hope they will have a BSA this year like zombie and vamp!

also i think i will make a lineage project with them and continue the new one with my marrow x ember, so i can make a marrow x ember and pair it with the new release x ember

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Me? I will be slowly but surely collecting. Through trades and gifts I have a few shadow walkers and a pumpkin coming my way, but I believe I'll be spending the rest of that time on a search and rescue mission in the AP for others of the same. ^^

So all of the above and staying up through the power of caffeine and candy when the clock turns over and it's time for the new release to pour into the cave.

Oh yes, and making zombies (I hope) >.<

My guess on the new release? They'll be "batty" -crosses fingers-

Edited by panic siren

I would like to get at least one halloween dragon. I have no holiday dragons! I would also really like to create a Zombie smile.gif

want some of the new ones, and want to get more Marrow females. Onlyu one out of.. six? |D;. But that was when I had only.. hm, 100 dragons?

I hope the cave won't be as slow as when the Blusangs arrive. And that I'll be able to get at least two. I guess they might look like scarecrows.

Edited by Darklight

My daughter and I have been collecting eggs for more than two years, so we will be breeding the Halloween dragons we have. She still goes out trick-or-treating because she is 12. I'll be grabbing new release eggs as soon as they come out, but she will pick some up later. No Zombies for us. They make me want to ick when I look at them laugh.gif .

My plan is to collect ALL past Halloween dragons (5x Pumpkin, 5x Marrow, 6x SW) in a week plus the new ones (also 5). How? I have no idea. I'm not sure if Reds will be enough help. Perhaps not.

Plus attempting at Zombie creation.

A bat dragon would be so cool o.0

I've got my Zombie Fodder ready, mass ungen hatchling murder coming this October wink.gif

2 weeks before Halloween I kill 5 Zombie Gens. Then I slowly let hatchlings starve to death in the next few weeks, watching as those tombstones build up slowly...

On Halloween, I kill the adults, and slowly revive them. First ungen hatchie to be revived as a zombie get fame and fortune...the rest will be revived the day after. Unless they were killed on the first day of course. In which case they turn into dust - but as I'm reviving them in order I killed them lets hope that won't happen

Saving up my influences....going to mass influence all of my halloween eggs biggrin.gif

Now its just the race to see if I can hit my gold before Halloween....50 more dragons!

I've got a few IOUs coming in. I'd like to end up with at least one of each breed by the end of Halloween.

Trying to get to a silver trophy before then.

I need three female black marrows. Should be able to breed myself two of them, so I'll only need to catch one. I'm also going to try to get a zombie hatchie to go with my adult zombie.

Whatever the new breed is, I hope it's gendered and breedable so I can get a mate for her.

Other than that, I'll probably breed my pumpkins and shadow walkers and let them go off to whoever catches them.

I need to figure out what kind of zombie lineage I want. >_> Whatever I end up making, it'll be a mate for him. Maybe I'll just do a standard PB White with Zombie grandparents.

I want to get at least one Pumpkin. Either a 2nd gen from Pygmy/Crimson Flare or a longish stairstep from Pygmy/Crimson Flare.

I need to get an equal number of 2nd gen male and female Marrows (have 2/4 right now) and I might also collect PB Marrows to freeze. :D I don't know if I'll be getting any 3rd gen Marrows.

I'm going to freeze a S1 PB Shadow Walker but I'm not sure if I want to breed it myself or pick one with nameless parents off the AP. I've had the name "Ratling" saved for it since...last Halloween I think. XD

I have a Gold trophy, so I'll need to trade for one more CB Hal '12 to get my scroll goal of 4 CBs of each gender of each breed. I only needed one more female Shadow Walker last year. ;_;

Edited by Saloiq

Don't need anymore of the older Halloween dragons, so I'll be breeding them for a couple people and releasing the rest to the AP for others. Might try for a Zombie or two or three, but I haven't decided yet. I kind of like having just my two, lol.

Am looking forward to seeing what the Spriters and TJ do for us this year. Would love something like the Haunted House again.

And am definitely going to collect as many of the new ones as I can biggrin.gif

I'll be collecting as many old Halloween and new Halloween dragons as possible by trading, IOU's, and just searching the AP

also will be trying to get at least one adult and one hatchling zombie

I'm so mad that my school didnt give us a day off after halloween like last year >_< Trying to get those eggs will be really hard

But I'm planning on having a sleepover with my DC buddy the friday before to do the event. (Its her first holiday release!) I really hope its like last years biggrin.gif That was crazy fun.

My plans?

Well in the two weeks before Halloween I will time out as many hatchies as possible. Also i will send a few more adults on the other side ^^"

In the week before Halloween I will breed my old Halloween dragons to fulfill my IOUs. And I will try to grab a few more Marrows for lineages smile.gif (also I am looking forward to a mystery event that will hopefully take place again)

On Halloween I do my best to catch myself a full batch of 7 New CB eggs.

A few days after the event I will hopefully receive the new cb Halloween Hatchies I am owed to. ^^"

If everything works out.. My dc Halloween would be perfect. *^-^*

I'll be prepping my 5 dragon sacrifices for zombie attempts and hoping that 4 will turn. Unlikely, if I'm going by previous years of 1 and 0 successes.

I would love more marrows but hunting in the AP has never been my forte... nor is having attractive trades, really. Only have 2 CBs so bloodswaps will be pretty limited but that might have to do. :P

Not really interested in building lineages with pumpkins and SWs so I'll not bother with the former and I'll trade the offspring of the latter. Already allocated some for gifting too. (need to get a second fem CB blusang or else I won't be able to offer that as a mate pref for a trade though, bah)

Definitely going to try grab the new eggs and maybe trade for some more, if the egg looks promising. Which they always seem to for Halloween releases. x3

Edited by Varekis

I've already reached my quota for previous Halloween releases, so I'll probably just get ready to collect the new releases and hope for a new fun event and hope some more that the lag from the Marrow release won't make a comeback.

Still debating on weather I should start raising/freezing zombie fodder or not.

I'm raising Zombie fodder and hoping for the best there. No Zombie hatchies for me! I've also traded for IOUs of 2nd gen Halloweens from Frills, Pygmies, Ices and other Halloweens, and am trading for more IOUs of 2nd gen Halloweens from Christmases, Valentines, Halloweens, metals, and Old Pinks. I need to get four, two breeding pairs, of each breed, as I have none from past years...I guess my goals could be summed up as:
  • Get enough Reds & Pinks before Halloween to be able to:
  • Get 2 adult male CB Zombies
  • Get 2 adult female CB Zombies
  • Get 2 male 2nd gen Black Marrows from rare parents
  • Get 2 female 2nd gen Black Marrows from rare parents
  • Get 2 male 2nd gen Pumpkins from cool-looking lineages
  • Get 2 female 2nd gen Pumpkins from cool-looking lineages
  • Get 2 male 2nd gen Shadow Walkers from rare parents
  • Get 2 female 2nd gen Shadow Walkers from rare parents
  • Get 2 male Halloween 2012's
  • Get 2 female Halloween 2012's
I wonder if these monumental goals are attainable, even assuming I have unlimited incubates and influences, and no influences fail...? I already have IOUs for 4 2nd gen pumpkins, 2 from each clutch, from Dark Myst and Misfit Pygmies, 2 2nd gen Black Marrows from Shadow Walker and Frill, and a 2nd gen Shadow Walker from Ice biggrin.gif Wonder if I'll be able to find enough from other CB holidays, CB metals, CB old pinks, CB Tinsels (yeah, right, of course!), etc., etc... I got lucky this Christmas-all my 2nd gens are from rare parents and I even have a PB 2nd gen Christmas, but will I be as lucky this Halloween? I have absolutely no idea how hard it is to catch Halloweens, since although I've been playing (I think) since 2009, this will be the first-ever Halloween I'm on to catch holidays... Edited by Princess Kiara

I traded for two second gen Shadow Walkers from Royals.

Even though I've been playing for a good four years now, I have only one CB holiday dragon, and that's my Ribbon Dancer. I go on hiatuses a lot. I'm hoping to stock up on caveborns of the new halloween dragons so I can make pretty sairsteps and checkers with them. tongue.gif

I need to follow a very precise breeding and catching scheme to be able to get everything I was from this Halloween. It still have to be fixed when I'll know exactly the days of the breeding period, but assuming it will start 6 days before Halloween these will be my plans

September and October: hoarde some zombie fodders

Day 1: Fill my scroll with 6 eggs. Keep one space to hunt in the AP. Incubate everything.

Breed my shadow walker and keep one egg -> fist egg

Breeb my shadow walker and keep one egg -> second egg

Look for a 2nd gen marrow from red mother in the AP -> third egg

Look for a 2nd gen SW from blusang in the AP -> forth egg

Breed my 2nd gen marrow and keep one egg -> firth egg

Breed my 2nd gen marrow and keep one egg -> sixth egg

Day 2: hunt in the AP with the last spot on scroll. Breed my Halloween dragons for people I IOUed them.

Day 3: Fill my scroll with 5 eggs. Keep one space for an egg I must receive from a IOU. Keep one space to hunt in the AP. Incubate everything

Breed my cb marrow and keep one egg -> first egg

Look for a random lineage SW for freezing -> second egg

Look for a random lineage SW for freezing -> third egg

Look for a random lineage marrow for freezing -> forth egg

Look for a random lineage pumkin for freezing -> firth egg

Day 4: hunt in the AP with the last spot on scroll.

Day 5: force myself not to lock with another set of AP eggs. Breed my other Halloween dragons for anyone of for the AP

Day 6: (Halloween): catch 6 of the new eggs. Keep one spot for hunting in the AP. In case catch one last CB egg at the end of the day.

Kill the zombie fodders, trying not to look at their death sentences

In case I had one more day, well the better biggrin.gif

Im hoping for a Zombie but found it hard to kill my lil babies to get one last year and ended up woth none sad.gif Also hoping to breed mine this year to gift - and hoping for a marrow and another pumking!

Imalso thinking this year will be skelly or maybe werewolf - I think someone was spiriting one last year. That would be kool!

Hoping they are like SW and can have more than 2! Last year I forgot I could only get them that year and gifted most of mine to ppl who couldnt get them - leaving me with just 2 CBs LOL