Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

It's my first holiday on Dragon Cave and I'm really excited!

I've lined up IOUs for 3 Shadow Walkers, 2 Pumpkins, and 1 Black Marrow and I'm currently collecting reds to help speed things up.

I have no idea what the new dragon could be, but candycorn dragons would be awfully cute biggrin.gif Whatever they are, I'm grabbing as many eggs as I can fit!

i think the new dragon will have "smell" in its descripeiton though. so a Cnady Corn dragon is possible happy.gif

I'll be breeding/gifting old holiday eggs and grabbing one of the new ones. The usual.

I wonder if there's going to be an extra event. Like the haunted house last year.

I'll be breeding/gifting old holiday eggs and grabbing one of the new ones. The usual.

I wonder if there's going to be an extra event. Like the haunted house last year.

There always is, as far as I know. The usual punting since I only want the '12s, maybe wo of each gender, then gift the other ones away.

I'm going to breed all my Halloween dragons (cb and those with a pretty lineage),

then I'll try to grab some of the new Halloween eggs and I also have a couple of hatchies on my scroll that I will use as zombie fodder.

Last year I had 10 hatchies and only 1 turned so I'm going to try to do better this year , although I feel kind of bad to kill that many hatchies sad.gif

How in the world does someone trade 8+ CB Halloween hatchlings?

Are are you looking to trade them or are you just wondering why or how people do it?

Are are you looking to trade them or are you just wondering why or how people do it?

Just wondering how people do it.

paradoxangel is currently offering a CB gold, and the highest offer is 14 CB Halloween hatchlings. Since Halloween is only one day, there's no way to hatch the first batch, and then pick up a second.

I'm guessing they've got hatchlings already lined up through trades?

Just wondering how people do it.

paradoxangel is currently offering a CB gold, and the highest offer is 14 CB Halloween hatchlings. Since Halloween is only one day, there's no way to hatch the first batch, and then pick up a second.

I'm guessing they've got hatchlings already lined up through trades?

I saw that and yes, people are already getting those through other trades. People are getting IOUs of those hatchlings and in turn they're trading those IOUs for something else. I really want another CB gold, but I'm not offering the ones I'm getting.

That is absolutely crazy! 14 CB for a single CB gold?

Am I the only idiot who prefers gifting holiday dragons instead of trading my second gens even knowing I could get awesome offers?

Anyways, is anyone opening a halloween gifting group for the past releases? I'd love to gift some eggies.

I've decided I want to breed PB shadows, and maybe PB my only two CB Marrows. I'll probably take a shadow to trades for a bloodswap. As far as the rest, I don't know. Revive my five fodder, freeze a pumpkin (they're just too cute for their own good), and just let impulse take care of the rest.

Pumpkins will probably be AP'd, save for a confetti misfit checker. I do like the other adults better, and I could go for some fresh blood. also need a second PB pumpkin for the one I already have.

However impulse sways, I will not contribute to messy-lined AP babies. The ones punted from me will all be even-gen or stairstep, at least, and still tidy if not true checker.

Am I the only idiot who prefers gifting holiday dragons instead of trading my second gens even knowing I could get awesome offers?

Anyways, is anyone opening a halloween gifting group for the past releases? I'd love to gift some eggies.

The only ones I'll be trading is to do a lineage swap and that's it. Since I'm only going to get 13 of the new releases, any of them I find on the AP will either be given away or traded away for cheap. I refuse to trade any of my other holiday dragons.

I think there's already a halloween gifting thread floating around somewhere.

No no, I'm with you there happy.gif

The 2nd gen Shadow Walkers will all go to a thread I'm part of that needs prizes and I'll probably randomly gift the 2nd gen Pumpkins and Marrows I don't need for my own lineages. I agree, a gifting group would be nice.

I don't need more Zombies either.

Looks like I'll just wait for the new eggies and maybe a nice event smile.gif

No, that's what I do too - either gift or release the 2nd gen holiday dragons I breed.

For myself I'm breeding a 3rd Gen PB Marrow and 3rd Gen Marrow/Red Dorsal checker (or potentially swapping them for same) and planning to offer "buyers-choice" breedings to my CBs in exchange for second or 3rd gens for those lineages. (I'm really hoping that is still allowed through the new rules!!) I also need a 2nd Gen Shadow Walker from a female silver (one of the few CBs left I still don't have my own of, so I need to get that in trade)

Otherwise, I'll just be breeding all my other halloween dragons and spreading the wealth smile.gif

I'm excited for the new release, too! I hope to catch my fill and for sure keep two pairs of each and maybe keep, gift or trade the others, depending on what they are or what's out there for trade.

I loooooved the haunted house last year, and I hope we have something similar this year.

I am raising zombie fodder, and bred two cb couples of common eggs to use the 2nd gen as fodder. If the hatchie turns, next year I might try to zombify the parents biggrin.gif

I thought it was too high also, but I guess someone really wanted it.

... And here I'm only aiming to get FOUR of the new releases. If I pick up any others I'll either trade them (if my IOUs don't pan out) or gift them.

I'm not gona go for Zombie dragons. I just don't have the heart. Each one of them was picked with love.

And...I think I'm gona wait till next year to get any Pumpkin or Black Marrow...or try to find potential mates to my single Shadow Walker. I've missed out big time on all the previous releases. I want a large # or CBs for this year's release. Everything else can take a back seat.

And...I think I'm gona wait till next year to get any Pumpkin or Black Marrow...or try to find potential mates to my single Shadow Walker. I've missed out big time on all the previous releases. I want a large # or CBs for this year's release. Everything else can take a back seat.

If you catch the Marrow, Pumpkins or SWs on the first day or two of the breeding week, they will have hatched and will have grown up, or will be ready to grow up, by the time the new Halloween dragons are dropped. You'll have pretty much all of your slots empty, but you will definitely have all of your egg slots open by then.

I'm another one that is not trading Halloween offspring. I gave all of my slots (except for two, which I'm keeping for myself,) away for free.

If you catch the Marrow, Pumpkins or SWs on the first day or two of the breeding week, they will have hatched and will have grown up, or will be ready to grow up, by the time the new Halloween dragons are dropped. You'll have pretty much all of your slots empty, but you will definitely have all of your egg slots open by then.

I'm another one that is not trading Halloween offspring. I gave all of my slots (except for two, which I'm keeping for myself,) away for free.

Provided I can actually CATCH any of them. The AP will have at least 100 people on it...and I doubt anyone would try and help me catch them...

I plan on catching/breeding two each of three of the previous releases (pumpkins, Marrows and shadowwalkers) for freezing and 6 of the new ones (two of which will be frozen).

I've been in a 'gotta have a frozen hatchy for each stage' binge lately, and Halloween is the only Holiday I can do this too.

(I need two vamps for freezing as well, but I can get those any time of the year, so not worried about them right now)

Edited by Slaskia

gotta try and get another marrow dragon and 2 shaddow walkers then try to get the new breed thats released i may need more if there isnt a scroll limit since i have scroll goals

Edited by linda3.0

I want more Pumpkins and my first zombie (although I don't like the idea of killing a dragon).

I haven't participated in a DC Halloween since 2008, when I got my first Vampire. I'm excited about what's coming out. I'd like to get a Marrow or Walker, if I'm lucky enough!