Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

1. Breed CB pumpkins, 2nd Gen Marrows, and CB Shadowalkers for the people who missed them.

2. Collect a few new pretty lineages before the event

3. Begin hunting early, i doubt i'll be able to snag an egg for at least the first few hours.

I hope there's a plan for the sheer amount of people trying to hunt on the 31st, after this last release i'm worried that a lot of people will miss out.

Nothing special, really.

Getting some of the new dragons, trying to raise the missing hatchling from 2010. For the rest of the time I'll be breeding as much as possible.

xd.png Yay for my first DC holiday! It's be crazy and hectic, I suppose. Will it be as bad as the new release in August?

To celebrate Halloween, I'm doing a neglected experiment and I'm still trying to see if bite works. Wish my luck and good luck to all of you.

xd.png Yay for my first DC holiday! It's be crazy and hectic, I suppose. Will it be as bad as the new release in August?

To celebrate Halloween, I'm doing a neglected experiment and I'm still trying to see if bite works. Wish my luck and good luck to all of you.

Uhh, how about it's worse than August? laugh.gif 'Cause people generally know when there's going to be a holiday release and therefore more people come onto DC. Whereas the August release was only relevant to people who actively played during that particular month. Halloween is always a time of lag and madness because of the unlimited grabbing allowed and the very limited time span in which to do so (for the new eggs in particular). But woo! *celebrates with you* =D

I'm also tossing up whether or not to bite on Halloween. My only vampire I really want to get a bitten egg from is notorious for killing everything I've tossed his way so far. >_>" Would really, really love a CB vamp from a 2008 vampire bitten this Halloween but not holding my breath. tongue.gif Not sure how many people have vamps from then + are still active + willing to sacrifice a kill slot in the name of giving Varekis a vampire to fawn over. Guess I'll need to make an attractive trade offer come Hallo. x3

I just hope to actually be able to catch the new Halloween releases this year!

Last year's release seemed to go by way too quickly. (Meanwhile, the one for Xmas lasted for what seemed like forever! Not fair! tongue.gif )

I needed one more CB dragon to complete a PB breeding pair and I didn't get it. sad.gif

I might be able to breed for other people this year, though, so that should be interesting. smile.gif

Edited by BrightStarBella

Yay! Halloween! One of my favorite holidays! My current plans are to simply have as much room as possible on my scroll for eggs and to get all the right mates (correct lineage and breed) for my dragons. *rushes off to grab eggs*

I'm also really looking forward to what event TJ has planned for us this year. He tops the previous event practically every time! ;D

I'm looking forward to the new release, and attempting to make Zombies. I only have one so far. Also going to try to get lots of Pumpkins~ I'll breed my other Halloween dragons, but I want Pumpkins the most.

Well I keep hearing scary stories of eggs being view-bombed, so I'll probably end up staying up all night making sure the eggs I grab don't get sick ;^_^ thank goodness I'm not going trick-or-treating! What is Halloween like?

Other than catching all the new eggs that I can, and breeding all the previous Halloweens for others, I have decided to start work on a Halloween candy lineage biggrin.gif

@ Aercalima: As long as you don't put your eggs in any hatcheries right away, your eggs should be fine. People that lose their eggs normally just get too excited and put them in hatcheries right away, where they get too many views. If you get really worried, you can always hide your scroll through your Account Options.

I actually just started playing again because I realized that the holiday round of dragons would be starting this month xd.png

I love the Halloween dragons every year and I'm excited to get hunting again...and snag another zombie or two. And another shadow walker to complete my collection. Excitement!

@ Aercalima: As long as you don't put your eggs in any hatcheries right away, your eggs should be fine. People that lose their eggs normally just get too excited and put them in hatcheries right away, where they get too many views. If you get really worried, you can always hide your scroll through your Account Options.

Oh, that seems simple enough =D I normally only post my eggs in signature on CS anyway, so they should be ok then. I'll probably just hide my scroll when I go to bed just to be sure though =o you never know when there's mischief about xd.png

How does the Holiday catching work? This is my first time on Holiday catching.

Generally, if a new species is released, it'll show up in all the biomes for that entire day. Sometimes they're hard to grab with all the people that gather, but if you keep at it, you're bound to get some biggrin.gif

For me, my only Halloween plans here are to participate in whatever activity TJ gives us/catch any new species released. Aside from that, I need to look for people willing to breed me 2nd gen. Pumpkin dragons, since I only have one. dry.gif

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Generally, if a new species is released, it'll show up in all the biomes for several days 24 hours around that holiday. Sometimes they're hard to grab with all the people that gather, but if you keep at it, you're bound to get some biggrin.gif

For me, my only Halloween plans here are to participate in whatever activity TJ gives us/catch any new species released. Aside from that, I need to look for people willing to breed me 2nd gen. Pumpkin dragons, since I only have one. dry.gif

Ahem. The *only* Holidays with a multi-day drop are Christmas dragons. Halloweens and Valentines drop for ONE DAY ONLY! (24 hours exactly.)

Lots of lag. It will happen when there are many hundreds of players grabbing for the same eggs; I just need to remind myself not to get frustrated when I click an egg and wait a long time only to see the message telling me that the egg has already been taken.

Edited by casprrr

I'm so sorry raydon54. I'm not even sure how, but I managed to delete your post. I just meant to browse the thread. 3=

I've got an IOU for one of each of the old Halloweens, so I'm doing good.

My plan (Bronze Trophy):

One past holiday egg. I'm hoping it will be a Black Marrow, but there will be alot.png of competition for that...

Four new ones. I'm hoping I can get at least one male and one female.... I'm rushing like crazy to get a male Pink for influencing, since the gender system constantly curses me with females.

Also, I have one Purple Ridgewing frozen right now as zombie fodder. May the odds be ever in my favor...

Lots of lag.  It will happen when there are many hundreds of players grabbing for the same eggs; I just need to remind myself not to get frustrated when I click an egg and wait a long time only to see the message telling me that the egg has already been taken.

I didn't think it was as bad last year? Granted, I had a go at fail-catching on a tablet when the eggs were released, but then I spent the day doing other things and finally ended up catching a bunch of new eggs on a cruddy hotel PC later on. The cave(s) were still busy, but it only took two hourly drops to fill my scroll. I don't think I could have managed that with the Marrow drops the previous year.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I didn't think it was as bad last year? Granted, I had a go at fail-catching on a tablet when the eggs were released, but then I spent the day doing other things and finally ended up catching a bunch of new eggs on a cruddy hotel PC later on. The cave(s) were still busy, but it only took two hourly drops to fill my scroll. I don't think I could have managed that with the Marrow drops the previous year.

I had the same experience...I had a heck of a time getting my two Marrows but managed to grab four Shadow Walkers without nearly as much difficulty.

Ahem. The *only* Holidays with a multi-day drop are Christmas dragons. Halloweens and Valentines drop for ONE DAY ONLY! (24 hours exactly.)

Ahem, typo. My bad. tongue.gif

Also, I have one Purple Ridgewing frozen right now as zombie fodder. May the odds be ever in my favor...

Indeed. biggrin.gif Almost forgot about zombies, I'm not one for zombie/ND experiment *is lazy*, but maybe this year....

Ahem, typo. My bad. tongue.gif

Indeed. biggrin.gif Almost forgot about zombies, I'm not one for zombie/ND experiment *is lazy*, but maybe this year....

Zombies require very little experimentation. Just kill and revive on Halloween. They are the lazy man's Neglecteds X'D

breeding season for previous halloween dragons starts next monday right??

breeding season for previous halloween dragons starts next monday right??

Probably not (that'd be a bit early, I think). No doubt TJ'll make an announcement soon about timings.