Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

I did not even plan for Zombies this year as I have some. But, I did have some and I did it, yes, 3 Zombies out of 5, and the rest revived, fantastic, laugh.gif .

I was only going to try to get two SWs as mates to two of my other dragons... but I ended up with 6 of them! I also added 8 Marrows to the lineup and one Pumpkin on Halloween (I wasn't going to get any more of them, either, but with the release delayed I decided to snag one). I also picked up a Vampire in the AP. It was a great year!

I'm most excited now to breed this guy with her! Plus I have a few more checkers to work on, but I've been planning this one for a whole year, so I'm psyched! The real trick will be finding a fourth gen mate next year xd.png

I ended up getting more marrows & shadow walkers than planned. On my scroll, there are:

-4 pumpkins

-5 marrows

-6 shadow walkers

So yeah, a pretty badass & insanely fun first Halloween for me. C;

Next year, I'll probably try freeze a bunch of Halloween hatchies and get more pumpkin dragons.

I'm going to try to get as many of the new releases as possible now.

As of now I have

16 Pumpkin- 7 New

20 Marrow- 10 New

18 Shadow Walkers- 8 New

7 Zombies- 6 New

The Event was completed in less than a day, and all of the ToT items were collected. All in all a successful Halloween. Now to make sure I have all egg slots open for Nov 3! Can't Wait.

Ugh, I missed getting new zombies this year!

My laptop went and died. D:

Got a couple new babies of the various Halloween varieties. :3 Can't wait for the new ones to drop...

I got a total of 35 of various amounts of the past Halloweens (pumpkins, shadow walkers and black marrows - 16 are still growing). Also got 3 more zombies this year and hopefully I'll get 7 of the new ones when they come out.

Edited by rubyshoes

I'm gonna shoot for 8 of the new ones, on the theory that I can grab 7 right off, and then hunt the AP and trades for the 8th once my first new egg hatches and unlocks me ^.^

finished off my scroll goals for halloween species and now hoping to grab the 6 new release eggs i need for goals to continue succeding i got 2 zombies too even though i haddnt planned on it.

I got about 15 new Marrows, about 5-6 new Shadow Walkers. ._. No new pumpkins...planning on trading the pumpkin I have right now. (Total of 23 or so Marrows? Total of about 13-4 SW?) I love them marrows. xd.png

I can also breed 4th gen. even checkers from black black, white male, and ember male x marrow lineages now. <3 PM me if ever you're in want of pretty lineaged marrow kin!

All my plans pretty much are gone with the wind of Hurricane Sandy. I only just now got my power and internet back. My husband didn't quite get all his treats this year, but he isn't too upset. We are both really happy to see the drop has been postponed so we have a shot at this year's holiday dragons. I wanted to post this to the Halloween thread, but I see that they both were closed. So here it is--Thanks so much for trying to make this game not only enjoyable, but as fair as possible by giving consideration to those of us caught in the storm's path.

Alright, so this Halloween counts are:

Dragons I've kept:

Pumpkins: 6

Marrows: 8

Shadow Walkers: 15. Especially proud of this guy from Nakase's alt.

Zombies: 2

Managed to get all of the dragons needed as mates for my other holidays, so come this Christmas and Valentine's day I will be able to breed perfect third gen checkers. wub.gif

I've also traded two Halloween hatchlings for her. One of the Marrows I caught was third gen purebred, so he's gonna be her's mate.

Also managed to arrange a trade for CB silver.

I've gifted two more Halloween dragons, so that brings the final count (without zombies) to 31 kept dragon and 35 raised dragons. I'm feeling proud biggrin.gif

Got all of the Tot and Aliset items.

And if all of the people that owe me IOU's keep to their word I should get 18 new Halloweens.

All in all, this was a very successful Halloween, and I doubt it that I will be able to repeat it next year. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Very risky strategy- right away at midnight when they are released, catch half of your total capacity. Then use earthquake and hope for the best. If it works, you can get 1.5 times as many CBs as most other people. If not, you can still get enough to get one male, one female, and a hatchling to freeze.

I probably won't try this, because it probably will just kill everything with my luck.

Edited by TVTD

Me neither. I've got a couple of people who are unable to get enough time for cave hunting, and I promised I would help them with that. If earthquake failed I would be unable to gift them. Maybe next year, after I do some experimenting with cave blockers.

Does anyone know how many things are found in the haunted village? Also, how many random candy/tricks are there? I want to make sure I got them all.

I ended up with

4 new pumpkins

2 new Marrows

and i went from none to 7 Walkers, was going to freeze one but forgot to freeze it and the 3 babies i have now have nice linage so i wont be freezing any of them ill have an odd number for a year its ok

tried for first year for a zombie and got one so was a pretty good holiday, scrolls open for the drop on Saturday so I sit and wait now

Does anyone know how many things are found in the haunted village? Also, how many random candy/tricks are there? I want to make sure I got them all.

35 items from the village and 59 ToT

Aliset items - 35 items

Trick or Treat - 59 items

I checked up on he eggs from my dragons and it still looks like there's one pumpkin that won't make it. Another died of sickness and another was outright killed. the marrows are all still alive, but one of the shadow walkers died of sickness too.

Over all 9 pumpkin breedings produced 30 eggs, 10 marrow produced 34 eggs, and 10 shadow walkers produces 28 eggs with 92 the total, but with 4 dead it's 88

Out of 3 breedings last year for the pumpkins, they made 5 eggs and one had 3 offspring this year. the 6 marrows I bred produced 11 eggs (including the glitch offspring) and 5 of those were bred this year to make 13 eggs

As this is my first Halloween here on DC, my first goal was 4 of each of the older dragons (2 of each gender) to have for checker breeding purposes. Succeeded in that regard, and everything has gendered true to influence, so all I need to do is find mates for them once this is all over. ^..^

With the postponement of the new release, I added in a PB pair of each breed. Two of these ended up being hatchlings, so as soon as those gendered I influenced the eggs. If those gender properly, my scroll goals will be a complete success; if not, I'll see if I can do a gender-swap trade.

Planning to snatch 3 pairs of the new release. We'll see how that goes.

No zombie attempts this year due to still trying to get my gold trophy. Maybe next year.

I'm staying up late tonight to see the drop start. Grab my 7 new halloweens and get out before things get crazy. I've lost the halloween spirit and now it's just a chore... still a bit annoyed TJ decided to rearrange a holiday at the last minute.

Due to power outages, I was only able to breed my two Pumpkins and only one of my Shadow Walkers sad.gif Looking at the offspring sent off into the wind, only one has a name so far. I really hope naming her 'He's gotta pick this one' helps! Best of luck smile.gif

I have next to nothing for the Trick-or-Treat *sniffle* I'm really sad to miss out on it. I'm very thankful that TJ changed the drop time though smile.gif Glad I got the quest out of the way early.

I had completely forgotten about Zombies this Halloween. I didn't have anything prepared, so I am not so heart-broken about that.

All in all, not a bad holiday. I really wish I'd had the chance for the treats and to breed my Marrows for others. Oh well. Maybe next year!

I ended up with 7 new shadow walkers, 10 new marrows (2 of which are twins~), and 5 new pumpkins~

I only got one zombie this year but I got all the sprites in years past so it wasn't much issue for me.

I have a batch that still needs hatched and raised, but I'm not too worried about it. I haven't lost a holiday egg ever so...

I started trading a little late but I still managed to lock myself. xd.png Success!

Thankfully they'll all hatch before I start hunting for the 2012 Halloween Dragons.

I named all my new Halloween hatchies after their parents~ and I love when people do that too! It's so cute.

Now I'll be waiting for the drop~

I'm staying up late for the drop and then my Halloween will be complete.