TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Well, I have, at the end of day two, still just one Brine and one Musty. And then I thought of a random story related to my Musty catch (whilst they were still highly sought after). So here it is:

Cadifor ran swiftly through the trees, nothing more than a silent black blur to creatures nearby. He was out on a scouting trip in the forest the Herachus was near, and some distance sounds had caught his attention. Now he was investigating.

Finally, Cadifor had reached the final wall of trees looking out onto a small clearing. He leapt gently down onto a broad mossy branch, facing a curtain of leaves. The noise was now truly excruciating to a dragon's sensitive hearing, and Cadifor had to force himself to look past the leaves. Within the clearing was a nest with three small eggs, eggs of which Cadifor had never seen before, mottled, green and with a definite aroma. The parents were nowhere to be seen - possibly scared off by the rush of people, all eager to grab one of those eggs. Two were quickly snatched, leaving a single egg within the nest, in very real danger of being crushed.

Cadifor found himself almost acting against his own will. These people were acting so roughly over a delicate egg! He could not stand it. With a shriek, he launched himself out of the trees, landing firmly in the clearing. Now the people who had been fighting over the egg shrank back and scattered in fear at the sight of this large dragon, seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Cadifor strode slowly towards the nest, hissing at the last few people edging their way out of the clearing. He crouched down next to the nest, picking up the lone egg and cradling it in his arms. He could see clearly now... it was indeed a completely new species. With no parents in sight, he would take it back to the Herachus clan. He examined the egg again before whispering softly, 'Who are you, and what are you?'

Hehe ^^ hope you likeh. That is what I thought was going on when I was trying to catch a Musty and actually caught it x3 It wasn't me who caught it; it was the Herachus' faithful scout Cadifor who rescued it.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Are the new eggs no longer dropping? I just found out about this but saw no new eggs in the Forest, Coast, Desert or Volcano, just the same ol' same ol'. Or do they only drop on the hour and old eggs drop at other times?

Oh the eggs are dropping, just not as frequently as everyone wants. I usually see the new ones during the hourly drops, you have to be REALLY quick and lucky to get a Brine (up against 200+ people).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the yellow ones have something to do with sulfur, right?

*is way behind everyone else* XP

Edited by Watari

Don't forget, the brines have more dimorphism than the other two. You get the sulfur's form with just 2 eggs, but you need 4 for the brines. Though personally, this is why I freeze bred hatchies. It's easier than trying to catch that many CBs.

And as far as neglecteds for them, while you need to keep a neglected on your scroll for a week for it to turn, you don't have to pay much attention to it. So, 15 minutes of careful clicking vrs spending days watching every 5 minute interval drop and maybe getting 5 hour misclicks? I would make that trade if I was confident I could make another neglected. And 2nd gen metals require only a button press and 5 minutes making a trade post. A lot of what people are trading there is Time.

Agreed, eloquently put: +1.

Edited by Duysterwald

Well, I have, at the end of day two, still just one Brine and one Musty. And then I thought of a random story related to my Musty catch (whilst they were still highly sought after). So here it is:

Cadifor ran swiftly through the trees, nothing more than a silent black blur to creatures nearby. He was out on a scouting trip in the forest the Herachus was near, and some distance sounds had caught his attention. Now he was investigating.

Finally, Cadifor had reached the final wall of trees looking out onto a small clearing. He leapt gently down onto a broad mossy branch, facing a curtain of leaves. The noise was now truly excruciating to a dragon's sensitive hearing, and Cadifor had to force himself to look past the leaves. Within the clearing was a nest with three small eggs, eggs of which Cadifor had never seen before, mottled, green and with a definite aroma. The parents were nowhere to be seen - possibly scared off by the rush of people, all eager to grab one of those eggs. Two were quickly snatched, leaving a single egg within the nest, in very real danger of being crushed.

Cadifor found himself almost acting against his own will. These people were acting so roughly over a delicate egg! He could not stand it. With a shriek, he launched himself out of the trees, landing firmly in the clearing. Now the people who had been fighting over the egg shrank back and scattered in fear at the sight of this large dragon, seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Cadifor strode slowly towards the nest, hissing at the last few people edging their way out of the clearing. He crouched down next to the nest, picking up the lone egg and cradling it in his arms. He could see clearly now... it was indeed a completely new species. With no parents in sight, he would take it back to the Herachus clan. He examined the egg again before whispering softly, 'Who are you, and what are you?'

Hehe ^^ hope you likeh. That is what I thought was going on when I was trying to catch a Musty and actually caught it x3 It wasn't me who caught it; it was the Herachus' faithful scout Cadifor who rescued it.

You could put that as your musty's description once it grows up xd.png

Cadifor found himself almost acting against his own will. These people were acting so roughly over a delicate egg! He could not stand it. With a shriek, he launched himself out of the trees, landing firmly in the clearing. Now the people who had been fighting over the egg shrank back in fear and scattered at this large dragon, seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Cadifor strode slowly towards the nest, hissing at the last few people edging their way out of the clearing. He crouched down next to the nest, picking up the lone egg and cradling it in his arms. He could see clearly now... it was indeed a completely new species. With no parents in sight, he would take it back to the Herachus clan. He examined the egg again before whispering softly, 'Who are you, and what are you?'

I love it. ^.^ My favorite part of this game is the creativity it inspires.

Can't wait to see what these pretties look like once they grow up! No luck on the brines in the last hour drop, but I got lucky in a five-minute drop. <3

That's really neat! I like it. xd.png

Your scout might want to steer clear of the coast, though--the forest is a minor skirmish, the coast is a whole war X'DD

ugh missed everything again on the hr. drop..

Whoops, missed a new release because I was reading Homestuck. Derp. Time to start refreshing, I guess.

Also, I think I recognize that third draggie there... ',:]

Yay! New eggs! biggrin.gif

I've already gotten one musty and two Rancids (Hopefully they'll gender differently!) but, of course, I'm still waiting on that brine. sad.gif

Edited by TradeMark

Thanks for all the new eggs. ^-^

But why is it so hard to get the brine eggs? They're so pretty and I want one so bad.

I had to betray internet explorer and log in with chrome, but finally I got 3 rancids, 2 mustys and 1 brine! biggrin.gif

Now I just need my misclicked pigmy to end cooldown and I can try for the second brine.

Why is it so hard to snag a Brine? I had no trouble with the other too.

(Usually, once I complain, I manage to get the egg I want, so I'm going to try that now.)

YYYYEEEEESSSS!!! After hours and hours and days of missing those Brines, I finally got one! I even missed a Paper Dragon, so I really hope this is worth it tongue.gif And now to catch up on all of the sleep I lost!

Congrats on your brine! biggrin.gif

there will be only 2 versions of the brine it looks like, with gender divergent hatchies and adults. TJ always freezes at least one of the hatchies of each form. So I guess that means no dimorphisum on one. no hatchie dimorphism but dimorphism on the adults for the middle one and for the brine dimorphism on both hatchies and adults. I can't wait to see what they look like.

Need only one more brine and I am good. I haven't had a dragon this hard to catch since the hollies tongue.gif

Back from a long day of shopping. Now to spend more hours not getting a Brine. biggrin.gif

Grabbed another Musty this morning, because there's something Neglectedy and adorable about them. :3

I had to betray internet explorer and log in with chrome, but finally I got 3 rancids, 2 mustys and 1 brine! biggrin.gif

Congrats biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

that depends on your interpretation of "STILL " rolleyes.gif

they are dropping, just not at a rate everyone would like----

Thanks, I've noticed. ^^ Both the still dropping and the rate they are dropping.

At least I caught a Tsunami. smile.gif I have no hope for the Brines though.

Anyone would like to catch for me? wink.gif

Thanks, I've noticed. ^^ Both the still dropping and the rate they are dropping.

At least I caught a Tsunami. smile.gif I have no hope for the Brines though.

Anyone would like to catch for me?   wink.gif

Lol I would if I could, but I sadly am now egglocked tongue.gif

Congrats on your brine!  biggrin.gif

Thanks! Lol I'm also now rested so I can actually celebrate getting a Brine wink.gif Lol

Edited by LilyennettDreamer

I don't like to start getting my eggs TONS of views until it is exactly 4d 12 hours or less. because then i can get excited when i see that there are only 3 hours left before they hatch!

*come on thuwed sunsong...*

for some reason i'm thinking i've seen the brines in the dragon requests and they had an alt coloration too... i may be mistaken though so don't take my word on it. XP

Whew, finally got a brine and now I'm egglocked unless I abandon this lumina. Lurking for the 5-minute drops rather than waiting for the hourly drops really paid off, I got it at the 12:55 one. biggrin.gif

2 musty 2 rancid 1 brine

Gonna try for one more brine since there seems to be dimorphism.

Woop woop second brine now I can ignore the fuss. *influences all teh eggies*

Edited by zaverxi

Just my luck. Have been forced to use mobile internet this week since my computer's broken again and what happens?! NEW RELEASE! I hate CB hunting on my phone >_<