TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

are any of these new eggs rare? just wanna know if i still have a chance of catching some smile.gif

The Brimstones and Olives are going to be rather common, but the Blusang Lindwurm is going to be somewhat uncommon and is currently really hard to catch.

The Brimstones and Olives are going to be rather common, but the Blusang Lindwurm is going to be somewhat uncommon and is currently really hard to catch.

thank you smile.gif

Rarity depends on how many people grab how many dragons. The rarity of the new releases are generally tipped by rumors that "this one is going to be rarer then the rest". Last release, it was the Tsunami. Before that, the Golden Wyvern. If someone started the rumor that Olive dragons were going to be rare, then more people would stock up on them leaving less for the rest of us, thus changing the ratio and making them harder to catch. Ratios generally depend on the users all around. For example, Black Dragons used to be super common. Now they're in high demand, making them near impossible to find in the cave.

Unless TJ specifically states "This one is going to be hard to get" then the rarity depends on how many users are grabbing what dragons and how many they are grabbing.

Edited by MysticTiger

Rarity depends on how many people grab how many dragons. The rarity of the new releases are generally tipped by rumors that "this one is going to be rarer then the rest". Last release, it was the Tsunami. Before that, the Golden Wyvern. If someone started the rumor that Olive dragons were going to be rare, then more people would stock up on them leaving less for the rest of us, thus changing the ratio and making them harder to catch. Ratios generally depend on the users all around. For example, Black Dragons used to be super common. Now they're in high demand, making them near impossible to find in the cave.

Unless TJ specifically states "This one is going to be hard to get" then the rarity depends on how many users are grabbing what dragons and how many they are grabbing.

Well, I agree that most of the issue in getting a Blusang egg is that everyone wants one. But, given the rate at which commons filtered back into the Coast, I suspect that Blusangs aren't as common as, say, the Turpentines. Though the rate at which they drop did seem to increase after the empty cave bug was fixed, I still would say they are going to be more uncommon than their release-mates.

I would say that it is pretty obvious what some of the ratios are. Nebulas are less common than Stones, because they drop less often. I usually see no more than four Nebulas in a "regular" hourly drop. Part of why Tsunamis and now Blusangs are so hard to get is because everyone wants them, and there are tons of people in the Coast at any given time. But part of why they are so hard to get is because they don't drop as often as Coastal Waverunners.

Since my Rancids took longer to hatch, they still say 4d 1h, instead of they 4d I want to see. dry.gif

My totals - 3 Rancids, 3 Musties and NO Brinies. Oh well! I love all my new babies, though! biggrin.gif

Edited for total typing fail! xd.png

Edited by dragongrrl

Well, hello there, Nicoise! You're all grown up and a lovely shade of olive green. Your mate-to-be Gaeta (back, Refusal Fairy, back!) should be joining you in just a few minutes. Edited by blackdragon71

managed to snag a pair of the 'rancid' ones smile.gif i'll try my luck with the others tomorrow, good luck to everyone else still hunting smile.gif

As we are now getting adults, I'll close this thread.

Thank you TJ and artists for the wonderful new additions to DC.