TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

-Please don't ask for eggs in this thread-

Try the gifting threads in the trade section.

Edited by rubyshoes

Normally, every release is cause for joy and celebration. This one is no different, except this time the joy I feel is mixed in with some anxiety/frustration about the Brine dragon. The only other release that I can remember that made me feel that way was the Marrow release.

I'm actually in a little funk. I'm so, so grateful that I managed to snap up two of the brines considering that some people don't even have one yet, but I'm really worried that these are going to dry up completely just like the GW's did and that will be that. It's worrisome and a little depressing.

Normally, every release is cause for joy and celebration. This one is no different, except this time the joy I feel is mixed in with some anxiety/frustration about the Brine dragon. The only other release that I can remember that made me feel that way was the Marrow release.

I'm actually in a little funk. I'm so, so grateful that I managed to snap up two of the brines considering that some people don't even have one yet, but I'm really worried that these are going to dry up completely just like the GW's did and that will be that. It's worrisome and a little depressing.

sad.gif

I feel the same way and I have a grand total of 0.

I know what you mean, but I really think it will be okay. I doubt these would be coded to be the rarest egg in the cave and only be dropped in one biome - though I could be wrong. They might turn out to be hard to catch but easy to breed?

Still, I've caught and gifted eggs with other releases, but with this one I was so wiped out after hunting for my own (plus egglocked) that I didn't.

I'm sure things will even out somehow. Tinsels were super rare at first and now nearly everyone has some.

are they not dropping anymore?

They are still dropping but are mixed in with regular eggs.

I started hunting them at 7 a.m in the morning on the day of the release, and there were already commons in there.  So the 'brine only' drop didn't last long.

There were commons mixed in even before that, I think. Almost mis-clicked a few five hours or so after the release, if I remember correctly.

I know what you mean, but I really think it will be okay. I doubt these would be coded to be the rarest egg in the cave and only be dropped in one biome - though I could be wrong. They might turn out to be hard to catch but easy to breed?

Still, I've caught and gifted eggs with other releases, but with this one I was so wiped out after hunting for my own (plus egglocked) that I didn't.

I'm sure things will even out somehow. Tinsels were super rare at first and now nearly everyone has some.

Thank you for saying that - I doubt I was the only one who was worried about their rarity, and I, being a relative newbie, don't have knowledge of many other releases, so I don't have much to compare Brines to. It's reassuring to hear precedent examples of dragons that progressively got commoner. I'm sure everyone who wants an egg will get one within a month or so at the outside - considering how desirable Brines are, I doubt they'll be little-bred dragons.

I got a pair of everything except the brine dragons. Add me to the worried crowd, I hope they will be easier to get eventually. Even tsunamis are rare as hen's teeth nowadays (not to mention GWs).

Officially locked for the next 23 hrs and still no Brine *sighs*

At least I managed to finally get a second Tsunami.

I'm kinda hoping the Rancid and Musty eggs won't be too rare in the future. So far, I really love these two's sprites.

One misclick, and no luck for today so far sad.gif

I'm hardly even seeing them. Having no laptop is *UGH*

I have to stay up until maybe 4am this time, since I will be leaving and won't be back until very late. This is the first time I missed a release in a loooong time x_x

I am having a hard time not touching Tsunami and Ember eggs. This release is killing me for that alone. /twitches

I am glad to see the coast moving along though, even if brines seem fairly rare. It tended to stall out frequently before this.

Only have a little time this morning to try catch a brine. >< No bites on my 4G gold egg during the night, I was hopeful. ;n; Is it still as... hectic as ever? =p

Urgh, this is so frustrating! O.o I don't mind the fact that the brines are a bugger to grab, it's the mis-clicking that's killing me. Four mis-clicks!

A very generous person has gifted me a second brine egg.

Now I can breed and gift PB 2nd gens! And if they gender incorrectly, I'll try to swap them biggrin.gif

I never had such trouble to get new released eggs, and now, each brine just disappears in front of my eyes and all whats left is a caveblocker which wont go away :/

I don't mean to complain, but as dragoncave gets more and more people, the new releases get harder and harder to get, especially when the biomes move slowly. I actually miss the days where the new eggs dropped for several days with no other eggs around.

I don't mean to complain, but as dragoncave gets more and more people, the new releases get harder and harder to get, especially when the biomes move slowly. I actually miss the days where the new eggs dropped for several days with no other eggs around.

This. Even two years ago it was easier.

I caught another Musty! biggrin.gif Now all I need is a Brine and I'll be happy. Sigh.

bleh, i have a pair of all but brines... lol, guess imma have a seriously inbred brine when they grow up. xd.png

Another day and still no Brine. =/ Can only try tomorrow.

Night all. Good luck to those still hunting.

I agree.

I haven't been able to catch anything since the first morning of the release. This is horrible, I have never had such a hard time catching new releases. You would think that with more players, more new eggs would be dropped.