TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Is there really any concrete reason the brines are in such high demand?

1) They are limited to one biome, which already makes them a bit harder to come by.

2) From what has been seen in hatcheries (and thus, might not be fully accurate xd.png), it appears that there's about 1 Brine to every 2-3 of the other eggs, suggesting they are indeed at a somewhat higher level of rarity.

3) It also appears from scanning this thread that numerous people recognize the breed from the dragon requests forum. If people know what the adults will look like, and very much like them, then they're likely stocking up before everyone similarly falls in love and drives them up to the level of CB Blacks or GWs or what not. As annoying as it is to have to fight the masses to catch them now, in the long run it's probably easier (and more fun) then waiting for a slow moving biome to cough up one in future.

As for asking for super rares for Brines... if someone's crazy enough to give a super rare for one, then why not? It's their fault for being silly, not the offerer's. I debated doing it just to see if anyone WOULD be crazy enough to bite. xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

YES! I decided to wait in the middle for an egg and I snagged the Brine that popped up! smile.gifsmile.gif

I'm going to keep trying for a brine but if i don't end up getting another one at least i can breed them with my ice or something.

Edited by Bidimus

I caught a musty one! biggrin.gif I'm going to borrow my brother's laptop at the top of the hour and try for a brine. DC takes forever to load on my computer.

And I also got a CB lumina as a bonus while looking for a rancid. It was a reflex click, but I think it's a keeper.

Edited by Orlageddon

I gave up on getting a brine . Im too slow sad.gif But at least i got other 2 eggs. Can't wait untill they grow .

I can perfectly understand your point of view.

I offered a 2nd gen Gold for a Brine egg and I took the first offer I got. This egg is meant to be a gift for a kind person with bad catching luck and at the moment I have not time to hunt. Making someone happy is worth more than the stupid Gold.

But asking for CB Metallics or NDs is really insane. But I doubt that those people will get offers like that. I am sure Brines are not going to be rare.

That's crazy. It's a new release, not a 2nd Tinsel. I offered a EG Ice for a Golden wyvern when they were still new, and nobody was asking for anything more than that: a nicely lineaged Trio or other rare, no CBs or Neglecteds.

I'm wondering if the Rancids are going to be sulphur-related. Smell bad, found in the volcano, yellow.

I saw one Brine on the five minute drop (an missed it of course because it took me three seconds of double-take before I clicked on it) but I have seen one, which is way more than a Gold. So they're out there. *crosses fingers*

Brines are still dropping, right? I haven't been around for the last 17 hours. wink.gif

I couldn't agree with you more. I went on the DragonMarket on this one site. Oh sure people have Brines, but they want Negs and CB Golds and Silvers for them. e_e

I agree with you, and the funny thing is there is no sense in giving away a rare that you worked really hard to get for 1 egg that, if you have alittle patience you will get one. smile.gif

Brines are still dropping, right? I haven't been around for the last 17 hours. wink.gif

laugh.gif

that depends on your interpretation of "STILL " rolleyes.gif

they are dropping, just not at a rate everyone would like----

bleeeeh... maybe better luck next hour. lol if i click any faster my mouse will break. dang these people are fast.

YYYYEEEEESSSS!!! After hours and hours and days of missing those Brines, I finally got one! I even missed a Paper Dragon, so I really hope this is worth it tongue.gif And now to catch up on all of the sleep I lost!

Oh and people are also DESPERATE for a Brine on the site I mentioned earlier;

4:1 to the NEW Brine Egg They're offering to give away a 2 purple dinos, 1 paper, and one cheese. o_O

I was able to grab my 2nd brine at that last hr drop so now my mom and I each have a pair smile.gif yay

It's their fault for being silly, not the offerer's. I debated doing it just to see if anyone WOULD be crazy enough to bite. xd.png

Different people have different views regarding the value of a dragon. Speaking of people being silly or crazy is rude.

Hi there.

If people are willing to trade their golds for a brine, that's their choice. It's neither greedy nor unfair. It's economics at work. Supply and demand.

In the meantime, keep your chin up and keep trying in the cave. If you're unable to catch a CB brine, they'll be plently of people (including myself) more than happy to breed a brine for you in a few days. smile.gif

^ this.

Let people ask what they want, it doesn't mean they'll get it; and if they do, then the person who traded with them evidently thought it was worth it (or they wouldn't have traded). happy.gif

Personally, I'd also really like a CB brine but it's not shaping up to look like I'll get one. That's okay, though, I'm fine with needing a few months before I have even one. smile.gif

I wanted to try again today for a brine but got egglocked when I managed to breed a red dorsal. :/ I reeealy don't want to abandon it so I think I'm going to wait now until all the hype dies down before I try for one again.

And the white screen oh my God. I get it every single time there's an hourly drop. Grrrr.

oh boy I cant wait to get my hands on these little treasures. I been waiting for a long long time for a new relese

Different people have different views regarding the value of a dragon. Speaking of people being silly or crazy is rude.

It's silly and crazy in my opinion. If people are going to be offended because I find their trading choices as such, then they're just looking to be offended. It's not like I'm tackling people in the trade threads to scoff at them, just saying I find it goofy. wink.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Finally filled my quota for this release. (After numerous misclicks and misses) xd.png

Good luck to those still hunting! c:

Are the new eggs no longer dropping? I just found out about this but saw no new eggs in the Forest, Coast, Desert or Volcano, just the same ol' same ol'. Or do they only drop on the hour and old eggs drop at other times?

Don't forget, the brines have more dimorphism than the other two. You get the sulfur's form with just 2 eggs, but you need 4 for the brines. Though personally, this is why I freeze bred hatchies. It's easier than trying to catch that many CBs.

And as far as neglecteds for them, while you need to keep a neglected on your scroll for a week for it to turn, you don't have to pay much attention to it. So, 15 minutes of careful clicking vrs spending days watching every 5 minute interval drop and maybe getting 5 hour misclicks? I would make that trade if I was confident I could make another neglected. And 2nd gen metals require only a button press and 5 minutes making a trade post. A lot of what people are trading there is Time.

Don't forget, the brines have more dimorphism than the other two. You get the sulfur's form with just 2 eggs, but you need 4 for the brines. Though personally, this is why I freeze bred hatchies. It's easier than trying to catch that many CBs.

Same. I used to freeze CBs if they were of a really common breed, but now I don't even do that anymore. I either breed one of my own or be lazy and trade lineaged trios/blacks for messy hatchlings of the breed X'D