2012-08-15 - August Release

Hmm...

Turpentines

Rancids

Musty

Brine

Anybody noticing a common theme?

They all have a odour? blink.gif

Phew! Finally got 2 brines in the last drop, I thought I was going to end up with none.

That makes two of each new egg and one less person competing in the Coast section.

Edited by Dubious

Couldn't get a second brine.

On the bright side though, I picked up a rancid at the ap.

I was lucky enough to have a single spot open for an egg. So I was really lucky when on the hourly drop in the desert all three eggs were the rancid ones. I always wondered what the cave looked like during a release, and now I know. I never thought it would get to the point where every biome was empty.

But yeah, this release has a theme, because they all have a smell that may not be nice. Brine is that weird, salty-fishy smell, right?

I can't get a Brine to save my life. tongue.gif

Trading is insane - people offer 2nd gen Golds for them! blink.gif

I would laugh if the Musty or Rancid ones turn out rare. biggrin.gif

Or if all 3 go rare, because that would make me happy :>

Indeed- maybe it's like Supernatural romances...

QUICK! Everyone make a dragon request topic that's stinky xd.png

These new eggs and hatchlings look very cute. I checked DragCave on a whim (haven't been here in a while) and what should I find but a new release! Finally managed to catch a Brine, I kept accidentally refreshing the page when I saw the description xd.png Also, I really like the idea that the dragons are being released in different biomes, I think it prevents them from clogging one page up and makes it easier for people to pick and choose want they want.

Hmm...

Turpentines

Rancids

Musty

Brine

Anybody noticing a common theme?

We shouldn't forget about Cheese, Harvest, Rosebud and Heartseeker, their eggs are smelly/stinky/aromatic too.

I would laugh if the Brines turned out common! It doesn't seem likely, but still. xd.png

I think the Brines are like the Magi dragons in the desert biome. It's hard to tell but the Brines do drop rather frequently so I'm saying they're uncommon.

These new eggs and hatchlings look very cute. I checked DragCave on a whim (haven't been here in a while) and what should I find but a new release! Finally managed to catch a Brine, I kept accidentally refreshing the page when I saw the description xd.png Also, I really like the idea that the dragons are being released in different biomes, I think it prevents them from clogging one page up and makes it easier for people to pick and choose want they want.

I think it's funny how like no one is at the volcano and epople wat untill the four minute mark to be in the forest. The Alpine is being completely ignored and the Coast/ Desert are overwhelmed.

For all we know the Alpine has been dropping nothing but CB silvers wink.gif

Honestly, I'm disgusted with what people are asking for the Brine eggs. I think it's one thing for someone to have a super rare, and ask for a new release, but when people have a new release and ask for something ultra rare, it's just greedy and unfair to the people who've had bad luck in the cave.

Well I snagged 1 brine last night so now I'm happy. Today now that I'm not lock I'm gonna try picking up another brine and another rancid if I can. happy.gif If not I'll just wait around until they are not in demand anymore...

Do all of these dragons have to do with some sort of decay?

I think it's funny how like no one is at the volcano and epople wat untill the four minute mark to be in the forest. The Alpine is being completely ignored and the Coast/ Desert are overwhelmed.

For all we know the Alpine has been dropping nothing but CB silvers wink.gif

This past I drop I slipped into the Alpine. I was the only person there! lol

I'm gifting a musty to the AP in the next minute or two. smile.gif

Honestly, I'm disgusted with what people are asking for the Brine eggs. I think it's one thing for someone to have a super rare, and ask for a new release, but when people have a new release and ask for something ultra rare, it's just greedy and unfair to the people who've had bad luck in the cave.

I can perfectly understand your point of view.

I offered a 2nd gen Gold for a Brine egg and I took the first offer I got. This egg is meant to be a gift for a kind person with bad catching luck and at the moment I have not time to hunt. Making someone happy is worth more than the stupid Gold.

But asking for CB Metallics or NDs is really insane. But I doubt that those people will get offers like that. I am sure Brines are not going to be rare.

Hi there.

If people are willing to trade their golds for a brine, that's their choice. It's neither greedy nor unfair. It's economics at work. Supply and demand.

In the meantime, keep your chin up and keep trying in the cave. If you're unable to catch a CB brine, they'll be plently of people (including myself) more than happy to breed a brine for you in a few days. smile.gif

Yay! I was gifted a musty by an amazing person wub.gif

Now to catch a brine and a rancid xd.png

I couldn't agree with you more. I went on the DragonMarket on this one site. Oh sure people have Brines, but they want Negs and CB Golds and Silvers for them. e_e

Is there really any concrete reason the brines are in such high demand?

There just not dropping as much as the other 2 which makes people even crazier to get them (me included wink.gif)

Is there really any concrete reason the brines are in such high demand?

They don't drop as much as the other and people like how preeeetttty it is.