TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I haven't been able to catch anything since the first morning of the release. This is horrible, I have never had such a hard time catching new releases. You would think that with more players, more new eggs would be dropped.

Well, If the eggs were meant to be rare, then I could see why.

(i hope they go rare)

I haven't even gotten the dragons from awhile back D:

Ugh. If anyone could help me catch CBs or purebreds based on what I don't have, that would be great. ANYWAY

I think I'm already starting to like the little blue and white hatchlings. I bet the adults look beautiful. The green one's look like zombies for some reason, though.

Normally, every release is cause for joy and celebration. This one is no different, except this time the joy I feel is mixed in with some anxiety/frustration about the Brine dragon. The only other release that I can remember that made me feel that way was the Marrow release.

I'm actually in a little funk. I'm so, so grateful that I managed to snap up two of the brines considering that some people don't even have one yet, but I'm really worried that these are going to dry up completely just like the GW's did and that will be that. It's worrisome and a little depressing.

I agree. For me, this is defiantly the hardest release I've ever participated in. I was here for the marrows, and I honestly think this release is harder.

The only reason I have one is because I was lucky enough to breed a gold to trade. For a nice lineaged gold with relatively low gen, I was only able to get one offer for one brine (I was hoping for a pair for breeding). My metals must sense my unhappiness, as my silvers have given me another egg to try to trade for another brine. I just want a breeding pair, then I'm good.

I really hope the brine adults are fabulous enough to make up for all the pain they are causing people.

I was a gifted a 2nd Rancid egg from a VERY KIND person! biggrin.gif

I'm actually in a little funk. I'm so, so grateful that I managed to snap up two of the brines considering that some people don't even have one yet, but I'm really worried that these are going to dry up completely just like the GW's did and that will be that. It's worrisome and a little depressing.

That's what I'm worried about too. It seems that nowadays, when a dragon is released, if it's remotely good looking, it gets uncommon status and disappears once the 'main' release is over. It's a shame, really, since I'd hate to add brines to a growing list of dragons I really like but have been struggling to find in the cave. The only most recently released dragon I remember that still has a presence in the cave consistently is the turp.

... and now I'm struggling to find a second rancid egg. XD Must've spent too much energy on trying for a brine >< /hyperventilate

The only reason I have one is because I was lucky enough to breed a gold to trade. For a nice lineaged gold with relatively low gen, I was only able to get one offer for one brine (I was hoping for a pair for breeding). My metals must sense my unhappiness, as my silvers have given me another egg to try to trade for another brine. I just want a breeding pair, then I'm good.

Oh, so it wasn't just my gold who decided to be a darling! She threw me a 4G egg last night when I all but gave up trying for a brine. Haven't been able to get any offers on it (I suspect it might have something to do with the spiral lineage + holiday mates) but fingers crossed. Might have to settle for trying for one brine then. I was perhaps a little hopeful in asking for 2. :P

Edited by Varekis

So weard looking and yet so new! xd.png WHY do I only look at forums AFTER I just bred my dragons to get 5 more eggs WHY?!DX Grrr, has to wait 5 days then, yay so many fire dragons. :3

So weard looking and yet so new! xd.png WHY do I only look at forums AFTER I just bred my dragons to get 5 more eggs WHY?!DX Grrr, has to wait 5 days then, yay so many fire dragons. :3

You don't have to wait five days - eggs hatch @ 4 days so it's only 3 days for them to hatch without incubate, 2 days with. ^^

-wrong thread, trades don't belong in the News thread-

So sorry! Didn't realize I was still in the news thread. unsure.gif

Edited by miss1nformation

You don't have to wait five days - eggs hatch @ 4 days so it's only 3 days for them to hatch without incubate, 2 days with. ^^

Oh cool, ty for telling. Now im extra happy I have like 20 fire dragons so I can always speed the hatching up.xd.png

I don't mean to complain, but as dragoncave gets more and more people, the new releases get harder and harder to get, especially when the biomes move slowly. I actually miss the days where the new eggs dropped for several days with no other eggs around.

I agree, this has been a rougher year for picking up the new releases than last year. I normally try to pick up 8 CBs of a new release as soon as I can. From 10/10/10 thru 2011, I did very well, apart from the Marrows. While I managed that with the Royal dragons and the Turps, I only have 5 of the Golden Wyverns, 1 Tsunami, and I'm currently locked with 3 Rancid, 3 Musties and, finally, my 7th Luminar egg. All my Brinie sightings have resulted in the "Sorry" message.

God, I shouldn't feel so accomplished for finally catching a second rancid egg since those are apparently easy but LOL, I am. ;u;

... also had to get a misclick in the process, but still. :D

Finally got the other two rancids << Now egg locked with 3 musties and 3 rancids and a CB nebula. Seriously would love a single pair of brines though :/ don't think I'd like them to dissapear like the gold wyverns have. Don't even have one yet(brine)!

(Yes I have a ton of GW's but most of them are bred and the CB's were almost completely painstakenly traded for.)

After several hours of clicking, screaming, clicking, praying, clicking, tearing out my hair, click, screaming, clicking, crying, and some MORE clicking, I finally got.....

One rancid egg.

*waves a little flag*

I'm very happy with my little egg, I just can't shake the feeling that 8 hours of investment for one egg is a highly skewed ratio.

So far I got two rottens, two rancids and a random Tsunami.

Now, to try for at least one brine~

My Thuwed egg hatched and I thought, "Alright, gonna go snag myself another brine. Fewer people around, should be simple to get one during a 5-min, I'm good at that."

Two hours later, and I can count the number of brines I've seen during 5-min drops on one hand. And I've seen only slightly more during the hourlies, but haven't caught one because I STILL have to refresh twice to get the egg descriptions to show up during those drops.

This. Is. Not. Normal. At. All.

These brines are addicting.

I don't think I can trade one more of them.

Rancids and musties shouldn't be a problem..I've seen them sit for at least 10 seconds.

;x

I am not even seeing many and when i do they are always gone before i can click i have 1 and only one at the moment i may give up for a few days

I am not even seeing many and when i do they are always gone before i can click i have 1 and only one at the moment i may give up for a few days

Nah don't give up. You'll get one eventually.

Had to compromise but I traded off the gold for a brine egg now :wub: (Thanks, you know who you are ^^)

Now... to unlock and try get a second for a breeding pair. Eventually. :P

Another day and a hallf and I can finally try for my second Brine... wink.gif

Yep, at this rate I'm REALLY concerned about the Halloween dragon...or ANY Holiday dragon for this matter. Am I the only one that thinks the Marrow hype was better (as in not as hectic?) than this?

Wow.

Brines seem REALLY common, just hard to get due to demand.

Tomorrow the AP might block the cave.

I can't even imagine what would happen then.

2 rancids, 3 mustys and a brine finally. Hopefully i can at least catch 1 more brine to make it a pair before they become to hard to find

So far loving the musty hatchlings the most. looking forward to seeing the adults

Edited by whitedragon313711

Noooeeeesss! *headdesk*

Left one of my egg slots open as catch-for-gifting, and my tiny ninjas have been delivering new eggs hither and yon since they released. ( ninja.gif ) At the last drop, though, I accidentally spaz-clicked a waterhorse. Not the first time, heh, but rather than wait on the cooldown, I made a dork move and tossed the egg to one of my vampires in the hopes of getting a repulsion. Yeeeeeah.

user posted imagedry.gif

Guess I won't be doing any more gifting for a while, unless I want to sacrifice another slot. The penalty for impatience, heh.

On the upside, only six more hours until I have a couple of cute new-release hatchlings on my scroll, squee! Can't wait can't wait can't wait... biggrin.gif