prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I finally got a tumblr not too long ago and already have a few followers!!!!

I'm just very happy that people like my art so I'm bragging about it even if it's not that big a deal!!

My Tumblr!!!!

Graduated from college \o/

A few months ago, but better to brag about it now rather than later.

Tomorrow I have an interview with a well-known judge in my area for an internship! To be getting an opportunity like this as a senior in high school is incredible!

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach, SC for 3 days! biggrin.gif I haven't had any kind of vacation in over 13 years. This is going to be great and I need the relaxation. 3 whole days of sun, sand, gulls, ocean waves....yeah, baby! Can't wait!

I came home from a really bad day to find that my husband had bought me a new MacBook Air! I have been wanting one to do genome annotations from so I am not tied to the lab computer. *Dances!* Happy times!

I finished page 2 (procrastinating habits...uhg) of a digitalized comic I have to make for an extracurricular class.

Hopefully can cram it and submit at least 8 pages by Tuesday. :s

And my favorite cosplayer who's most well known for his HTTYD's Hiccup cosplay sent me a friend request on facebook! I still can't believe it. Hehehe.

(And yes, it is his real account, not some fake huehue) owo <3

I ate a plate full of rice in 17 seconds today!

i'm proud of silly things shush

Edited by Cookiemoon

I just won the school round of the linguistics olympiad, against students even 2 years older than me and by a fairly long shot too. It was very unexpected, I had given it a shot purely for the fun of it, so naturally I'm pretty stoked at the moment. I received a great book as a prize (a nice edition of George Orwell's 1984) and will most likely go on to the regional round biggrin.gif My only regret is not having tried the previous year!

(The linguistics olympiad involves "deciphering" obscure languages, wherein the point is that it seems like gibberish to you and you're supposed to make sense of it all, so it's less about being able to speak or write well and more about systematic thinking and finding patterns. Lately I've been highly insecure over my capabilities - or a perceived lack thereof - in the mathematical/logical area, so this sure did boost my self-esteem in that regard. smile.gif)

I've written a Cross over story that is doing surprisingly well. Strife: SG-1

I've been told that I can write for characters really well.

I won the raffle on Virtueadopt and got a Black Kyurem which can be seen in my sig.

And I'm happy to have 4 Thunder dragon hatchies/eggs on my scroll at once, two of which are CB which is a first for me. smile.gif

@Jumbofluff

A few years back I got a call from Air Force One on the home phone. They had the wrong number, but the caller ID clearly said "Air Force One" My jaw all but hit the floor.

I'm going to the Saints/Falcons game! I have awesome seats!

Thank you to my sister!

It's an early Christmas present 🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Finally finished all 12 college applications including one for frickin' Stanford. @~@

On to scholarships and essay contests =-=;

Some days ago,I took an English test,to check my English level.The people there told me that I'm the youngest person who gets a high score!

May not seem special,but my mother tongue is Spanish,and it is very rare that someone has a good English level.

Ps:My age is in my profile

Straight A's this semester. *dances* Worked my butt off, but it was worth it.

Edited by cheese456

Straight A's this semester. *dances* Worked my butt off, but it was worth it.

I was so close. A's in all my honors/APs, but a B in AP Chem. That class. Will be. Demolished. By me. Next semester.

I got A- in both of my classes last semester.

It still counts as straight As even if I only took two classes, right?

This has never happened before. tongue.gif

So about the thing I rambled about on the previous page. The official linguistics olympiad results from the entire country are now up on their website... I'm 15th out of 1331 people and am going to Prague in February to solve the regional round! blink.gif Considering I did this for the lulz and expected nothing, that's... pretty damn decent. I might even feel proud for once. *tries to feel proud*

Funny thing though: they managed to misspell my last name on the list! xd.png I've seen my name botched in a few ways, but never like that. Wonder if I should send them an email or just leave it... Should I get one, I do NOT want this on my certificate!

I just got back from the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, LA, had a boozing good time, and now I get to go to Dallas, Texas for the National Championship!!! I play in the marching band for Ohio State, so we get to go for free and get money for food for all bowl games.

And my mom wonders why I don't want to graduate yet....free paid vacations!! with all my friends biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by kecemis