prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

We have the same birthday, I'm 17 today!

I'm a little ahead of cave time; it's already the 8th here!

But happy birthday regardless!

Just turned 18 today. Happy birthday to me  biggrin.gif

We have the same birthday, I'm 17 today!

Happy birthday to you both~!!

I beat an aim botter in Gunbound with pure skills.

Edited by Zen_Cross

I was accepted as the Hufflepuff Mod over at aroacehogwarts on tumblr!

I finished inputting my backlog of geochem data into my spreadsheet and have begun fixing all the cumulative columns to account for duplicate runs. I'll be writing my abstract for AGU in no time. =)

I don't know where else to put this, so.... I have a dog!!!

Been dogsitting for a friend who was out of town for the summer. Fell in love with the dog and begged to be able to keep her. The decision was just made. I have a dog!

I am unusually lucky when entering drawings and the like:

I recently won $25 on the single lottery ticket my aunt sent me for my birthday.

And today was our church picnic. Aside from winning on a lot of my Cherry Tree tootsie-rolls, I also won a game of Bingo (although since there were two of us the winnings were split), and tonight I checked my voice mail to find that I also won a basket in the basket raffle, which features some place settings, two bottles of wine, and a gift certificate to a spa, which I'm looking forward to (I've never been to one.)

I don't know where else to put this, so.... I have a dog!!!

Been dogsitting for a friend who was out of town for the summer. Fell in love with the dog and begged to be able to keep her. The decision was just made. I have a dog!

OMG yay! Show us a picture! biggrin.gif I love dogs. <3

I started work experience in an organisation that I absolutely love and really, really hope I get offered a permanent job at at the end of my time here!

I have a grade of 9.7 out of 10 in high school so far. At my old school I was the teacher's pet tongue.gif

I finished two weeks of chamber music camp. That's five hours of constant cello-playing a day, sans weekends.

I bought some new shoes that I can wear to work, uni and out and about. Multipurpose shoes!

Throughout all of my academic years, I have never failed a test, homework or assignment. I've gotten some constructive criticism of course, but it's never been a failure.

In the practical tests for my hunting license, I shot with the best accuracy and precision of the group (I was a small and nervous-looking girl in a big group of adult men), and I didn't make a single mistake in the test of safety procedures.

Edited by Ripan

It's just a small thing that I'm sure pretty much everyone else already knows how to do, but I figured out how to make gifs from shows/videos! Made my first one and although the timing is annoying to deal with, I doubt it will be my last. :D

Ohaithar summary card. Does that mean I've passed my Bachelors in Nursing, with Honour, with a First?

Yupyup.

I don't really have much of anything to brag. I now apprentice at a tattoo shop at the measly age of 16, though, with certifications in first aid, CPR, and blood-born pathogens. I do think all adults should be certified in the first two, or at least parents should be.

My Engineering class at school offered a single semester of university studies, where students are offered a position in a single subject as a university close by.

That was last semester. I have completed that subject and was offered a position in an Advanced Mathematics course. I have to leave school twice a week and participate in lectures in my school uniform biggrin.gif

I have to brag about this. I'm just too excited. As it turns out, I qualified to be a National Merit Semifinalist! I'll explain: every year, juniors/11th grade students in high schools across the US take the PSAT (a practice version of the SAT). In their senior year, students who scored in the top 1% of the nation get recognized as National Merit Semifinalists by the organization that administers the test. I'm genuinely shocked that I was able to achieve that score, and it's a really great opportunity because now I get to fill out an application to become a Finalist and compete for some nice scholarships. Plus, at some colleges, even just becoming a Finalist - not necessarily a winner - can yield some nice monetary rewards. I'm just really really excited because I was one of two people in my school to be a semifinalist (the other person is my best friend, it's so cool) and I definitely need any money I can get if I want to afford college rolleyes.gif

I finally started thinking of myself as 'cute'.. I know it's not like, a big deal to most people, but as someone who has been struggling with body and self image issues since before puberty.. This is kinda awesome..

I found the novel I wrote in 2011 on a long-lost flash drive! 0: I thought the book was eaten by cyberspace because the last time I tried opening the file it was corrupted!!! I'm extatic right now!

So, I volunteer at an animal shelter. We've had this beautiful but, erm...spirited husky / american dingo mix for almost two years now, her name is Kenai. Last summer (2014) she was going to be put down for behavioral issues, but despite the fact that I really disliked this dog, I convinced the board to give me one month to work with her and prove that she could behave if someone showed her how.

Fast forward one year and four months...I FINALLY FOUND MY GIRL A HOME!!! I always feel really awkward "bragging" about stuff, but I worked my butt off to try and save this dog's life...and I actually did it. I was at that shelter almost every single day (sometimes multiple times per day) for eight. freaking. months. My life revolved around training sessions and finding ways to get her out of the shelter for a few hours here and there; and it was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster sometimes, fighting tooth and nail with the board to give her one more chance (and another, and another...). But I did it, and I am really damn proud of myself for not giving up like I usually do when things get hard. I promised Kenai when I first started working with her that she was going to leave that shelter one day, alive.

I couldn't love this dog more even if she were legally mine...and knowing that she is safe, and loved by an experienced, amazing couple is allowing me to feel a sense of peace that I haven't felt in one year, four months.

Oops, this got really long - sorry! I got all emotional while writing this and...yeah x__x

Also, I may have made her a facebook page awhile back when I was trying to find the right family to adopt her ninja.gif

Edited by shadesofchaos

So, I volunteer at an animal shelter. We've had this beautiful but, erm...spirited husky / american dingo mix for almost two years now, her name is Kenai. Last summer (2014) she was going to be put down for behavioral issues, but despite the fact that I really disliked this dog, I convinced the board to give me one month to work with her and prove that she could behave if someone showed her how.

Fast forward one year and four months...I FINALLY FOUND MY GIRL A HOME!!! I always feel really awkward "bragging" about stuff, but I worked my butt off to try and save this dog's life...and I actually did it. I was at that shelter almost every single day (sometimes multiple times per day) for eight. freaking. months. My life revolved around training sessions and finding ways to get her out of the shelter for a few hours here and there; and it was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster sometimes, fighting tooth and nail with the board to give her one more chance (and another, and another...). But I did it, and I am really damn proud of myself for not giving up like I usually do when things get hard. I promised Kenai when I first started working with her that she was going to leave that shelter one day, alive.

I couldn't love this dog more even if she were legally mine...and knowing that she is safe, and loved by an experienced, amazing couple is allowing me to feel a sense of peace that I haven't felt in one year, four months.

Oops, this got really long - sorry! I got all emotional while writing this and...yeah x__x

Also, I may have made her a facebook page awhile back when I was trying to find the right family to adopt her ninja.gif

She's so pretty!! As a dog lover I'm so happy you could train her and find her a home instead of letting her be put down! wub.gif

That's awesome! You saved a life! That's certainly something to be proud of! smile.gif

One question. American dingo? The closest thing to a dingo I can think of in the Americas is the Carolina dog. What is an American dingo?

That's awesome! You saved a life! That's certainly something to be proud of! smile.gif

One question. American dingo? The closest thing to a dingo I can think of in the Americas is the Carolina dog. What is an American dingo?

An American dingo is a Carolina dog wink.gif