prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

YESSS!!!

I FINALLY managed to land a 100% on a lab assignment in my online AP Chem class!! *dances*

Best I had before was 98%, always some details xd.png Basically now I can die in peace, lol. *may be only half kidding* Oh wait, not so fast, next goal is a 100% on a test...

I have a wonderful, little one year old!

I'm going back to school!

And I started my own roleplaying forum! Please stop by for a visit!

user posted image

I'm going to a large genetics conference abroad in June... for free. 8D

I am *starting* to improve on my human drawing skillz. I think that deserves to go here

Also, surprisingly, I am startinh to slim out. Then again, I am growing taller fast, so it might be that x3 Still think that goes here as well

Kind of late with these, but... I made dean's list for the fall 2014 semester! Also, my (then) boyfriend of over a decade proposed to me at an anime con in March, and surprised me with my dream ring! wub.gif

I worked all my scheduled days/hours last week and I'm on the right path to do so this week as well. Because of my illness this hasn't happened in awhile, so I'm kinda really really excited that I can do it!

My limited edition 1000 copy RSD vinyl of Kiasmos's Looped EP arrived yesterday cool.gif

Well, I don't have much I could brag about, but there is one thing that comes to mind. I took a series of tests designed to measure my talents and intelligence, and my scores were so high my instructor had a mini-freak out. xd.png She said she had never seen scores so high before. So...there's that!

I think this thread is so great but can't recall if I've ever actually replied here.

I think I should brag about the fact that even when I think I'm a failure, I'm still pretty great. This is academically speaking. I am a good test taker, and stuff comes easily to me, and I have the privilege of just being good at school. I'm not necessarily more intelligent than my peers but some people struggle with school and its emphasis on test performance, and I don't, and I'm grateful for that.

Also, I want to brag about my girlfriend, because she's very lovely (and hot as heck) and I'm really proud to be with her. She's too good for me tbh, how did I ever get her? rolleyes.gif

Got one of my artworks published in a book! Feeling pretty good about that.

I joined a crap ton of roleplays, counting other sites

And I can handle most of them

I had an unusually good day today~ I passed the practical portion of my Lab Procedures final (we had to do a complete urinalysis; correctly make and stain a blood smear; do a packed cell volume and total protein (both procedures for blood); and then examine under a microscope: a urine sample provided by the teacher (accurately recording what we saw), and 10 different slides, each of which contained either a blood smear or a cytology sample and answer the questions on the sticky note next to each slide.

Then in my next class I got the last two blood draws I needed to pass my Small Animal Care II class. We have to get at least 1 mL of blood each from a dog or cat's cephalic vein (in the front leg), lateral saphenous (outside of the hind leg in dogs) or medial saphenous (inside of the hind leg in cats, and the jugular (in the throat). I got my saphenous from an adorable Shiba Inu and my own cat provided my jugular draw. I'm particularly excited about that one because cats are usually harder to draw from than dogs because they have smaller veins and they are naturally a little more dehydrated than dogs (according to a friend in my class who works as a vet assistant).

I have 2 more practical finals tomorrow both of which are super easy. Setting up and examining fecals are a piece of (disgusting) cake and setting up the anesthesia machine is even easier~

I have just been told that my writing skills are even better than those of my grandparent (he mostly writes poetry and short stories that have a certain name but I'm not sure of it in English) and I've got some offers about having a book of short SFs I've made some weeks ago ^^

Also,my grandparent's newest book will be published soon, the cover being drawn by me.

;u; found a pterro from SockPuppet-senpai ermagerdWOOT

FINALLY, after confusion and some anger, the DA team was able to switch the inactive email of my DA account, so now it's up and running again! I made a sad story, a derpy story, and uploaded my crap art/plushies X'D WOOO

My DA

Today, I am the adultiest adult to ever adult.

I groomed myself well, wore shoes (ok that never happens, just let me enjoy the novelty of it for a moment), drove my butt alone to Kroger, did ALL the shopping, didn't have a panic attack when the cashier asked me out to a movie, drove myself home, carried in ALL the groceries alone, put them up immediately, and then had a sensible snack that came to about 110 calories.

YES. I DID THE THINGS. I AM THE GREATEST. LOOK AT ME ADULTING!

I made a modification for Minecraft which was seen by more than around 20 - 30 million people. It all started when a guy with 11 million subscribers (SkyDoesMinecraft) on YouTube saw it and did a whole video about it, and it led to PopularMMOs doing a video and even TheDiamondMinecart.

It's called the Rainbow World Mod by the way. I was bored one day, okay?

I'm down to less than a month of grad school left. :3

SO EXCITED FOR WHEN IT'S OVER.

I'm down to less than a month of grad school left. :3

SO EXCITED FOR WHEN IT'S OVER.

Cool!! What are you studying?

~

I got 760/800 on the SAT Literature subject test!! (Too bad my biology score sucked)

Cool!! What are you studying?

~

I got 760/800 on the SAT Literature subject test!! (Too bad my biology score sucked)

Library and Information Science.

I checked my AP scores and I got a 5 on English Language!! And by some miracle I passed AP Calc AB with a 3 :')

I have the absolute worst luck with Rare CBs. Well, one day I decided to visit the Caves. My visits used to be random. Finding in the Jungle a Dino Dragon--my very first one!--I took it. Then I clicked straight to Volcano, and what was there? A Paper Dragon! And I got both dragons! I was so psyched!

After weeks of waiting I have finally been notified that my glasses are in and I will be able to see things at a distance now~ No more having to shove my face into screens or confusing fast food cashiers every time I need to stand by the counter to read the menu because I can't read it from 3-4 feet away. I will also be able to see street name signs much easier while driving instead of always having to slow down a bit to make sure thats not the street I'm supposed to turn on.

Ah glorious day~

Just turned 18 today. Happy birthday to me biggrin.gif

We have the same birthday, I'm 17 today!