prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

Five publications.

On 4/18/2021 at 4:30 AM, Nalyua said:

Not sure if this counts but a friend and me are dabbling in fashion design.

We made this dress. Inspired by those 50ies Disco/Dancing dresses with the figure hugging bodice and really swinging skirts.

Seam is still WiP and we are going to add a pink ribbon where skirt an bodice meet so that it will be tight on the waist.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-17 at 5.34.28 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-17 at 5.34.28 PM.jpeg

I love that style too. I have something similar myself and i love that you guys used a pattern/image that isn't overly common or over done. If i saw it in a store I'd buy it!

Got married the other day!

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Got married the other day!

Woah, congrats!! 

I bought a really gorgeous amazing dresser today. Maybe that doesn't seem like much, but it's *beautiful*, I literally stood there for like 5 minutes going 'omg it's amazing, omg I need this'. I don't *actually* need it, in fact I'm currently trying to move things around and find space for it.... But I LOVE IT so much!! I went to Goodwill to get my mom a tv stand and definitely didn't expect to get this too, but it's so gorgeous and it was only $80 and I still had birthday-money left so...  (This picture does *not* do it justice, it has more of an antique-blue-ish tint)

IMG_20210607_142045.thumb.jpg.ff6d30d24c3aa99f98539482686c8cfe.jpg

Edited by HeatherMarie

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I bought a really gorgeous amazing dresser today.

That is lovely! What a lucky find! :)

I made some simple shorts.

I dislike super skinny leggings, and I dislike the shorts that are like super short. I do like to be sure everything vital is covered while I move around. 😅

Didn't really find anything in the store so I just made stuff from an old drape.

196387438_916688215840214_3761127759204037210_n.jpg

The skirt was also made from an old drape.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 2.23.14 PM.jpeg

Also we did finish the Jellyfish-dress.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-01 at 3.55.01 PM.jpeg

Edited by Nalyua

Not necessarily a 'brag', but I'm excited and wanted to post somewhere... Actually, no, this is totally a brag. I'm proud of the considerable effort I put into finding this new purchase! Long story short, my current-favorite band put out a special-edition dvd/cd combo with one of their albums years ago, and I've been trying to find it in a halfway-reasonable price since the beginning of the year (when I first learned about it). Couldn't find it below $30 on Amazon (multiple times when I checked it wasn't available at all), but the other day I kinda accidentally stumbled onto a listing on ebay (a site I haven't been on in years). Under $15, free shipping, and coincidentally the seller lives in my state, which is probably why it got here so fast. I now have it in my hands and I'm SO excited! 

(ahem, this is not double-posting 'cause it's been so long, right?)

Didn't know where else to post this except the bragging thread!  Okay, so, this might not seem like a big deal to most people, but to me it's pretty important. I just washed my hair, by myself, with no anxiety attacks. And, uh, the key words there are 'no anxiety attacks'. I'm a little shaky at the moment and it wasn't a great experience by any means, but I did it. I'm well aware I don't wash my hair anywhere near as often as I should, and it's because of the mentioned anxiety issues, I've finally found a way to make it a little less horrible but it's still a Big Deal and I always put it off way too long, but yeah my hair is now clean and smells like lavender (and there are puddles everywhere from basically doing it in a bucket, but shh let's not think about that). 

(And I just realized I posted about hair-washing before in this thread, but I'm too lazy to re-word everything to account for the fact that it's not the first time I've mentioned my issues in that area...)

I brought two Peppy and just got them in the mail, best purchase I ever made. It's also one of the rare time I manage to do something by myself since I usually want someone to help me because of my anxiety. Same thing with a phone call I made yesterday, I was able to do it by myself without asking for help or feeling like having a panic attack! Take that anxiety!!

IMG_20211113_143138452.thumb.jpg.1e6f4b02e05475ca843e27433d90a63b.jpg

Years and years later, I finally hit a few milestones in this game.
 - My first successful breed, and trade, on a Silver Shimmerscale.
 - My first GoN.
 - My first donation of a rare to the Gift thread.

Finally! I can actually start contributing! :D

@Nightmon Those are so cute! Congrats on doing things in spite of anxiety!

I went major grocery shopping today, I mean the cart was literally overflowing (a bag fell off on the way to the car, it was so full). Got lots of pantry/staple-items plus stuff for two big-meals planned and of course the non-essential junk foods. Spent an hour shopping, over an hour putting everything away at home, and no anxiety attacks! 

Spoilered for.... I dunno, female clothing?

Spoiler

Also, uh, I wore a bra for the first time in over a year today.....

Edited by HeatherMarie