prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I bought a brush pen with archival ink to finish my artwork & got a haircut!

Got nothing to brag about at the moment.

Been working on a story for years that I never finished.

I should finish it... but alas, I haven't.

I would show off my portfolio but.... it has my real name and things because it's for employers. So.... I can't even do that. =P

Edited by kiarados

I have about 0% confidence that I'll get it, but I have officially applied for my doctorates. =)

I'm a bit jealous, I haven't even started my graduate degree. My college roommate has her's in biology already, and me, I'm still 3 years behind thinking I could find a decent job with just a bachelors. I was wrong.

Good luck with that doctorate.

What is your PHD going to be in?

Well if there are many skull and skeleton collectors here, I'm pretty sure I'm just about to score a specimen to be envied. I already have a Siamese crocodile skull, a human skull and a couple other rarer specimens to be bragged about, but then there's the skull of a dik-dik that shall soon be mine.

Oh, and a giraffe skull.

Yeah, that's the real beauty here <3 One legally obtained giraffe skull measuring no less than 75cm long. And it's already securely imported into Australia.

Well, I've gotten my first job (as a recruiter) and at first I thought I would get fired because the company's going through this kind of weird dry spell where not a lot of people are interested in applying for the job position we offer, and those who do don't pass our necessary filters. You see, we recruiters are like sales people, we need to hire a certain number of people per week or else we get fired. Co-workers being barely helpful in the beginning and me not knowing how to do anything at all, I have now ensured my job because I found the way to attract a lot of people to the job position as well as finding a way to get people to pass these "filters". I also helped out my co-workers with getting the people they interviewed for the position to pass. I was literally about to quit, but since I'm so stubborn/obsessive, I searched ceaselessly for a way to solve the problem of attracting people, and was also able to figure out a way to help possible job candidates to pass our filters. And now I'm in my boss's favor because I'm helping him keep his job too, see, he also needs to get us recruiters to hire a certain number of people to keep his job.

TLDR; managed to keep my first job by helping everyone else keep theirs.

Edited by andromedae

Last night I discovered that I had $32 left on an Amazon gift card that I had *completely* forgot about. Which gave me enough money to buy a book I really wanted!

I landed my first boardslide grind today.

my new skateboard deck arrived, so I decided to break it in by doing the exact same thing that caused my last board to break, and boardslide down a 7-stair rail. (the last time, I completely bailed and the board broke in half, but tbh, I expected it since I'd had it for ages and it was already cracked anyway)

And for the first time, I actually landed it. Totally a pro skater now wink.gif

Probably not any good reason to brag but I'm proud of myself and felt like sharing xd.png

I passed my driving test (first time)!

I've been learning since I turned 17 in 2014 & having to stop for long periods of time due to exams/moving/university, but finally I've passed biggrin.gif

I passed my driving test (first time)!

I've been learning since I turned 17 in 2014 & having to stop for long periods of time due to exams/moving/university, but finally I've passed biggrin.gif

Whoop whoop! Good job! Now everyone has to stay clear of the roads laugh.gif

Spoke with the nursing counselor today and even though this will be my second AA they'll bridge me into a BSN program at the end of my RN training if I get in next fall. She says my chances are good if not a sure thing because my prerequisite GPA is sitting at a nice solid 4.0, with two classes left to top them all off. Plus I have well over the minimum clinical volunteer and paid hours that give me bonus points on my application. It's taken me five years and three separate colleges to reach this point.

I just got my computer back from the repair shop yesterday and already I've written 2 and a half chapters for one of my stories. biggrin.gif

My internet provider got bought out by another company and they just called to offer me a new, cheaper plan, with better speeds!

Starting the two years of a foreign language I need to graduate from Portland State University with my Arts & Letters major as a transfer student, and I am also on track to graduate on time in June 2018!

I got a new laptop today! biggrin.gif

Also 6 dresses I ordered 2 or 3 days ago came in the mail.

It was like a little Christmas just for me biggrin.gif

Continuing work on a knitted shawl that I hope will be large enough for a co-worker to use as hijab. I love knitting, and the pattern I'm working on is one of my own design.

Not sure if this is the right place, cos this isn't exactly bragging, but moreso excitement.

MY DOG IS HAVING PUPPIES biggrin.gif

My Dog is a black Labrador/Alsatian cross, she's 2 years old, and this is her first litter.

No, she is not a dog that will be used for "breeding" - She'll most likely be spayed after this litter, she is a very loved pet that is loved by me and my fiance, and most likely our future son/daughter. :3

The puppies will be very loved too, if we keep them, and if we don't, they will be sure to go to loving homes either way.

Edited by Trickseh

I feel like the fact that I just called our internet provider's tech support is something to brag about.

Because PHONE CALLS. Especially phone calls to strangers who might think I'm stupid because I'm nervous and insecure and (therefore) talking like someone who doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. (Even though I do. Somewhat.)

Anyway it's Friday evening and there were only ten minutes before the (likely) end of their business hours, so I called them because I knew that was the only reasonable thing to do.

So now that I have proved I am an adult... CHOCOLATE. cool.gif

Edit: I'm not an "adult chocolate". (What would that even be? laugh.gif ) ... Just to clarify.

Edited by Confused Cat

I saved up the money I needed! Bad news is that I still need a bit more, but that was something I didn't know until now. I literally spent none of my salary.