prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

Ooh! Brag time where people won't think I'm mean! Well, I'm a great guitarist and a great singer, and I own a seagull guitar and a banjo. I also own a laptop and another monitor that it plugs into, along with an amp and a microphone. I also have a kindle and an iPod, also my dad is a programmer who owns a site. And he wrote a book. I also know how to bake and I have a super cute dog. I could go on forever- I'm spoiled rotten!

laugh.gif

Ooh! Brag time where people won't think I'm mean! Well, I'm a great guitarist and a great singer, and I own a seagull guitar and a banjo. I also own a laptop and another monitor that it plugs into, along with an amp and a microphone. I also have a kindle and an iPod, also my dad is a programmer who owns a site. And he wrote a book. I also know how to bake and I have a super cute dog. I could go on forever- I'm spoiled rotten!

laugh.gif

Programmers usually own sites, just saying.

As for me? Uh, no achievements yet. I guess getting a Proficiency in English with 4/4 high passes at age 16 could count. But then again almost all of you are natives so it probably doesn't mean anything to any of you.

I'm a pretty darn good singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=d9IlDIqEn0s

And I'm only a few weeks into my third semester of French, but I managed to translate a thousand line poem from French into English in three days as an extra credit project for my history class. My professor wanted to use the poem as a text for our class, but couldn't because it's never been translated into English before. Now he can because he thinks my translation is good enough to be used as a reading for our class to study. biggrin.gif

I just made delicious, extremely dangerous hot chocolate cookies lol. Yes I used a recipe but I also added a secret ingredient. biggrin.gif Impressed myself on that one. xd.png

I got an A on my Engish test, which I suppose was a hard one because everyone else didn't do so great.

I also have so many goats and sheep and kidding/lambing season is just a few weeks away. There will be death by cute and floofy.

I have finally begun to write (somewhat).

Life is slowly moving onwards. smile.gif

Tonight on my Thursday Night Mixed league, I bowled games of 190-201-246 for a 637 series.

Edited by casprrr

I got to go to LA this weekend and meet (and take pictures with) "pro" LoL esports players =D Also got my picture with Phreak and Jatt <3

I'm starting the process of editing a novel I wrote, planning to self-publish it later this year. I've also written over a dozen novels since I started writing in 2007. biggrin.gif

I got three shiny Pokemon today, all within 4 hours of each other. Score.

Also this is my 1,500th post. Now a lv.9 biggrin.gif

Edited by Tazzay

Programmers usually own sites, just saying.

As for me? Uh, no achievements yet. I guess getting a Proficiency in English with 4/4 high passes at age 16 could count. But then again almost all of you are natives so it probably doesn't mean anything to any of you.

That certainly is true! I program a tiny bit, not much though, and I own a site. I'm thriving to learn more, though...

I am in the number one entomology graduate program in the USA. I did this when I got the acceptance letter.

user posted image

I also just got my first co-authoured paper submitted on the ever awesome topic of Drosophila odour receptors. xd.png

Got a 4th gen gold tinsel as a gift (thanks Sarah!), and the bossman TJ said hi (more specifically, 'yo' ) to me today. Doesn't seem like much to some, but for me, it's something big lol.

I have complete mastery over regular expressions, I know haskell and I can twist my feet 180 degrees

Edited by kahrkunne

Got a 6IV Ditto, the thing I needed the most c:

Also, 2,000 posts, yey biggrin.gif

Edited by Tazzay

I can put my leg behind my head.. Is that a bragging right?

smile.gif Yes, verily so.

I hit 900 tumblr followers today X)

Ermm.. let's see...

I guess I'm pretty good in school...

Can't think of anything else tongue.gif

I don't know if this is bragging, necessarily, but today I finally figured out the root of the majority of my problems with school! It's an unhealthy adoration of teachers in general. Now that I'm aware of it, I hope to cull it enough so that I can actually focus on doing well, instead of trying to impress teachers. It's been making me miserable, because I focus on that instead of just trying to do well, which makes me have bad marks and feel embarrassed and ashamed.

Onto better days hopefully~