prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

so i just finished my 2nd semester of work towards my Bachelors in Mathematics (for teaching).

since i've gone back to school (took a 3 year break and switched majors) last summer, i've gotten straight A's.

this semester was my first time taking advanced math courses (Cal 1). well i have A's in my other 4 classes, but a solid B in Cal.

so i took my comprehensive finale yesturday, and my teacher posted grades.

a 102! 33 questions and not only did i get the 5 point bonus but i only missed one question (which was porbably the Related Rates question, though i wont know unless i ask her ... which means i'll be asking her xd.png )

she drops our lowest grade, for me that was a 72. and the finale counts twice. so it pulled my grade up from a solid middle range B to an 89.5

i NEED that half a point xd.png still stocked about how close i came to pulling it to an A, when i didn't think i had any chance at all of getting an A.

now that i see i'm half a point away, i NEED that half a point xd.png and will have a sad panda if i miss it by that much!

seriously, i'll be urked if i miss having straight A's again by half a frickin point xd.png

hee hee I'm 48 years old and I just had a young guy who's 24..younger than my oldest son... try and talk to me, telling me I was sexy on facebook. BWAHAHAHAHA!! Made this old fart's night. xd.png lmao

Edited by MedievalMystic

so i just finished my 2nd semester of work towards my Bachelors in Mathematics (for teaching).

since i've gone back to school (took a 3 year break and switched majors) last summer, i've gotten straight A's.

this semester was my first time taking advanced math courses (Cal 1). well i have A's in my other 4 classes, but a solid B in Cal.

so i took my comprehensive finale yesturday, and my teacher posted grades.

a 102! 33 questions and not only did i get the 5 point bonus but i only missed one question (which was porbably the Related Rates question, though i wont know unless i ask her ... which means i'll be asking her xd.png )

she drops our lowest grade, for me that was a 72. and the finale counts twice. so it pulled my grade up from a solid middle range B to an 89.5

i NEED that half a point xd.png still stocked about how close i came to pulling it to an A, when i didn't think i had any chance at all of getting an A.

now that i see i'm half a point away, i NEED that half a point xd.png and will have a sad panda if i miss it by that much!

seriously, i'll be urked if i miss having straight A's again by half a frickin point xd.png

Teachers sometimes round up when grading. I wish you luck!

As for my bragging rights, yesterday while walking to school I figured out what I want to do for my senior project and it's going totally awesome! Already started planning, and I don't even start working on it until next school year.

I just found out that someone on tumblr had recorded themselves reading some of my writing with a message attached saying he loved the fic so much he wanted to read it and share it with everyone!

Ahhh these are the little joys ; v ; It literally made me so happy to see such a lovely message as the first thing I read when I wake up! <3

I took third prize at my school's award ceremony at the end of the year for having such good grades! biggrin.gif Guess what, I do not even study and I am a huge procrastinator. Thanks God for my good memory. >:3

Edited by MichiyoSaitou

I entered a concert to see my favorite band live and if I win I get 2 tickets to any upcoming show and I get to meet the members of the band. Right now I am in 16th place in the contest. I have to get in top 10 at least to get anything.

I PASSED ALL MY CLASSES AND I'M OFFICIALLY A SENIOR.

C/O 2015

but then idk what im going to do after graduating :x

I finished sophomore year of high school with a 3.98 gpa..

Hard work pays off. <3 Couldn't they have at least made it a 4.0, though? So close..

Just got my second (of three) grades for last term... A+! Didn't even know that existed at this school as a grading option. blink.gif But I'll take it. biggrin.gif My other grade was an A....

If I get an A in Biochemistry (although I'm expecting more like a B+), I will have all As for this year. biggrin.gif

Just ran the calculation... Even with a B+ in Biochemistry my GPA is going from 3.8 to 3.82. biggrin.gif 3.85 if I get an A. biggrin.gif

So close to 3.9. laugh.gif But I'm not going to make it there, not with only three graded classes left of college. laugh.gif Unless my Senior Project is also graded... Come to think of it, I'm not sure whether it is or not.

Edited by MoonShark

Getting more Shimmerscales, it's a start.

Came first in a shotput comp, second in 200m, first in 100m, plus qualified for another athletic comp.

And I have an amazing lizard! I mean really amazing!

Got my best maths results yet, plus getting the best English in my class (I'm really on a bragging role now).

So yeah! Wow, some of the stuff people do is awesome.

I know WEI is useless but:

user posted image

This is my build and I'm so incredibly proud of it.

I know WEI is useless but:

user posted image

This is my build and I'm so incredibly proud of it.

I want your build. biggrin.gif

Let's see... I can brag that I ordered copies of my latest NaNovel (from National Novel Writing Month - won last year again). biggrin.gif They should arrive by the 9th.

(on the downside I'm currently fighting with Google Books/CreateSpace/Bowker about my book being released on Google Books when I never meant for it to be publicly available)

Got my first GoN TODAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE biggrin.gif

Big congrats! smile.gif

decided to try and become clean from self harm happy.gif

super proud of you. <3 contact me if you need anyone to talk to for support.

for me, even though things have been rough recently because of some new major life decisions, I have been with my boyfriend for a year and two months..

All my house plants are still alive! And they're not just alive, they're thriving! laugh.gif

Got an A- in Biochem! biggrin.gif

That is awesome.

Edited by MedievalMystic

All my house plants are still alive! And they're not just alive, they're thriving! laugh.gif

Congrats! biggrin.gif That reminds me, I'm supposed to take care of my housemates' potatoes. Oops... Why did they leave that job to me....

On a better note, I finished my fanfic that's been going for about four years. biggrin.gif Now to start the sequel!