prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I hit 900 tumblr followers today X)

Ermm.. let's see...

I guess I'm pretty good in school...

Can't think of anything else tongue.gif

I don't know if this is bragging, necessarily, but today I finally figured out the root of the majority of my problems with school! It's an unhealthy adoration of teachers in general. Now that I'm aware of it, I hope to cull it enough so that I can actually focus on doing well, instead of trying to impress teachers. It's been making me miserable, because I focus on that instead of just trying to do well, which makes me have bad marks and feel embarrassed and ashamed.

Onto better days hopefully~

Made my first successful animation today.

biggrin.gif Wow, that's nice! tongue.gif I always want to make an animation.

Three days ago I decided it was time to collect more incubators - I wanted to reach 40 reds by the end of the month, to be exact. At this very moment, counting all eggs, hatchlings and adults, I already have 20. biggrin.gif

Oh, and I snagged two hatchlings from the AP last night within ten minutes. biggrin.gif

Yesterday I submitted a 5k word short story to a competition that I had written it for. biggrin.gif

I also made a pretty graphic completely unrelated to that story.

smile.gif Great! I want to read it. Oh Styx. I guess I have to bookmark it for a while and read it later. Too busy now. I am so excited. I'm sure it's good.

For the graphic, that's pretty!

Yay, bragging!! wink.gif

I have a great dog, she's so pweddy and amazing and booteefuwl!!! tongue.gif Oh, and she's going to be bred later this year, and then she'll have the best puppies in the world!!

(My dog looked like this as a puppy: ( HERE! It's linked for size!) and I swear to God that this is a picture of her ! She's a Bichon Frise x Shis Tzu, for anyone who cares! xd.png )

Edited by Saltpath

I finally broke down and bought a new computer off Amazon. This one is over 8 years old. The new one should arrive by Thursday. Yay! laugh.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I successfully made small talk with a shop assistant today. biggrin.gif I don't think I was looking into her eyes yet; I try, but always only remember to pay attention right after the conversation's over and can never seem to recall where the hell I've been staring. But it's a start, anyway.

I just read my reading for the discussion group tomorrow while singing along to some of my favorite songs. Didn't miss any lyrics and I understood what I was reading, too! biggrin.gif My ability to multi-task is being honed nicely. biggrin.gif (end goal is being able to read a story and hold a conversation at the same time; conversations require more thought-power than singing)

~Off-topic spam removed~ Please put this in the Congrats Thread in SD as noted in the first post. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The 300+ flower bulbs I planted are now starting to come up in my flower beds! biggrin.gif And, one of the praying mantis egg sacks that I bought for my garden hatched and the little guys are so tiny and cute! <3 I was playing with them, they were crawling on my hands and checking me out.. So cool, my little garden warriors. laugh.gif

Just got told by my teachers on Friday that since my last couple of GPAs were always top (4.21 is the jewel in this year's crown) its probably me being valedictorian, so begin preparing my speech.

I've made a bunch of people's days in the last few weeks. I feel fuzzy inside.

I've saved my younger Sister from drowning, I can tell the diff between a black Vulture and a Turkey Vulture, I can tell if a bird is a killdeer or not.

managed to get my rear through this semester and will likely pass onto the summer semesters despite the difficulties from the program not being stable

proud to have secured a job that doesnt run me ragged and pays pretty well

and through said job i donate a lot of food coupons for animal adoption folks

Just got told by my teachers on Friday that since my last couple of GPAs were always top (4.21 is the jewel in this year's crown) its probably me being valedictorian, so begin preparing my speech.

I've made a bunch of people's days in the last few weeks. I feel fuzzy inside.

biggrin.gif That's great. I'm happy for you. Although admittedly, having a speech is really a hassle. Good luck.

~Off-topic spam removed~ Please read the first post. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yay, go Sock!

I got a Diamond Achievement award for getting my grade point average up from 1.8 to 2.7 since last year ^-^

I'm a terrible student.. but got my shtuff together this year...

Congrats, Sock!

I went to go close my old bank account today and got a major surprise. $443 was just sitting there in the account, still there after two years! laugh.gif I can finally relax for this week.

I have 3 shiny Pokemon (Pyroar, Magikarp, and Vulpix) I've bred using the Masuda Method in Pokemon X so far and working on a fourth, Zorua. c:

It feels good putting in effort to get pretty rare things! :D

Well, I was in third grade when I came to America, and I was HORRIBLE at English sad.gif But after two years, I was accepted in to gifted program thing biggrin.gif I'm also part of youth orchestra program and is the first viola smile.gif

I was accepted into a prestigious music summer program in New York. I just finalized my payment today - and I'm paying for it myself, with only minimal help from my parents.

This is the kind of stuff you hear about other people going and doing, but somehow it's me.