TJ09

2012-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I do like that shade! Its rather wine-ish.

(Need to give someone valentines? I still need various types! send to: Megabucks)

Edited by Paprika

What a fun day yesterday was! My Bf even joined DC last night and got his 2 red Vals as well as 2 other Vd eggs from prior years it was funny watching him catch eggs, he got his 4 then asked me ok now what do we do with them do we eat them? I was like Noooooooo Tonight when he gets home I get to show him how to take them for views and clicks exciting stuff.. The cards were a lot of fun too thank you Tj and everyone

*tossing my two cents into the discussion*

I don´t know what to think of the hatchlings yet, but knowing LadyLyzar, they can be only awesome!

About time we get a chocolate-y dragon for valentine xd.png was so bored by all those pinkish ones :B

And the valentine cards

OMG XDDD so fun!

LadyLyzar, that wine-ish purple shade is absolutely fabulous, I love the eggs so much, I can't decide if I like yours or the regulars more *Ç*

I really cannot wait to see the adults <3

And I really feel like taking a bite off the hatchies' wings D: Poor little things, why do you look so delicious? xd.png

I'm so excited to see the adults! The hatchlings remind me of a new version of the Holly with Kit-Kats for wings. xd.png

Considering the LadyLyzar's precious works, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. :3

Edit: I'd die of happiness if I could make a 3rd gen checkerboard lineage using these new holiday dragons and the ribbon dancers with LadyLyzar's alts as the 1st gen dragons!

Edited by Windnose

And I really feel like taking a bite off the hatchies' wings D:

hehe! the same with me xd.png

I don't think they would like that - their fins are not actually made of chocolate!

That makes me sad too sad.gif I don't think people realize just how fast fansite traffic picks up during holiday events.

I don't think they would like that - their fins are not actually made of chocolate!

That makes me sad too sad.gif I don't think people realize just how fast fansite traffic picks up during holiday events.

Over Christmas there was a great push to get the word out about the extra fan site traffic, but I didn't see the same happen for Valentine's Day. There have been so many sick eggies in the hatcheries!

That makes me sad too sad.gif  I don't think people realize just how fast fansite traffic picks up during holiday events.

Even if they were, I highly doubt they'd be happy about people taking random bites off of them!

No dragon of mine would ever put up with my hunger for chocolate, so it's a good thing they're not actually made of chocolate!

I just saw a user with two new dead eggs, both had died of sickness. And from the looks of the scroll, it should have been someone who knew better, which makes me wonder if the little eggies were purposefully targeted ):

And that makes me even more paranoid about mine too.

Edited by becrux

LadyLyzar's spriter's alt is gorgeous! biggrin.gif I love the purple. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it's hatched and grown up. The spriter's alts for the ribbon dancers are so amazing, so I'm expecting greatness. wub.gif

I am careful with mine with that being said one did end up sick on me though a couple hour fog fixed him rite up, I tend to keep an extra careful eye on my holidays and rares until they grow up. Once my friend got a paper and posted in a group ( not here ) how excited she was with her lil egg, her mistake was using a link to get it views, the next morning it was dead never to be posted in any sites other then our little group. we later found out how it happen who did it and why, it was just a well meaning person who set their screen to auto fresh not knowing they was doing nothing but harm

I've found that a good rule of thumb is to not post the eggs on any fansites for the first day or so.

I try not to post mine until their 4 days then fog them when they hatch until 4.5-5days left just in case and usually have them fogged when i'm not online just incase someone decides to post them everywhere for some reason.

as for cards i'm sending out as many random ones as i can biggrin.gif recieved 3 so far

Edited by whitedragon313711

With the spike increased in traffic on fansites, I don't even post my regular eggs until at least 24H after. RIP all those pretty valentines ... sad.gif

Well my moms eggs have nice big holes in them and mine are cracking! So excited for these adults I have great names picked out already wub.gif

I, too, have been careful with my eggs. They don't have even 200 views yet. It's been ages since I lost any to shell sickness, & I don't intend to break my streak.

It seems safe enough now, though, so I went & posted the V-day eggs to a couple more viewing sites, & I think I'll incubate them so they hatch in time for my birthday tomorrow! biggrin.gif Mmm, yum, chocolate birthday dragons!

Happy after forever alone/ Valentines/ singles awareness day everyone!

I have to say my favorite message is the "more than meets the eye" one. I'm totally collecting just that one (12 woo hoo!)

I really enjoy sending cards to everyone (random or otherwise)

I just did (almost) my normal eggy routine with mine: wait half a day, incubate, then post them on one reasonably low traffic fansite, that auto-ER's when they reach 3D23H. They probably won't have enough views by then to hatch immediately, but better safe than sick.

The only thing I did different was fogging them during their first half day, just in case some envious person would try to get back at the people who snatched the egg they tried for before their nose. After that, I figured the danger for viewbombing was mostly over.

Oh no. . . . Couldn't get on yesterday, missed all the drops. . . . censorkip.gif Maybe I'll be able to trade for one, but it isn't the same.

Oh no. . . . Couldn't get on yesterday, missed all the drops. . . . censorkip.gif Maybe I'll be able to trade for one, but it isn't the same.

Some new eggs have been showing up in the AP today...you might want to check there too.