TJ09

2012-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Chocolate Rapture and Chocolate Treasure are now safely hatched, named and tucked in for the night! wub.gif

Thank you, TJ and Lady Lyzar, for these sweet little dragons!

Decided to name mine after the incubators from the madoka series :V (Kyuubey and Juubey, since one of them had qb in the code.)

I'll be freezing Kyuubey once he's gendered and let the other grow up and breed for next year. <3

i don't understand the reference to potato in the valentines. is this a part of a culture different than mine? if someone could PM me, that would be awesome.

Going to answer here, because I'm sad this DC joke has died. 3=

Going to throw this in here for correction:

At some point, at least  two Christmases ago. (maybe three, maybe longer, if someone else can confirm) potato started being used when referring specifically to the Holly dragons.  There was an ornament on the 2010 Christmas tree specifically designed with this reference in mind.  The term is used to mean any dragon at this point.  Carrot is another euphenism for dragon.  It's DC culture, won't mean the same thing anywhere else but here.  smile.gif

Actually... And Bern explained this well, so just going to quote her: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5970349

Actually it's from someone's dragon description we read a really long time ago.

"He eats a carrot and sometimes a potato"

We all thought it was so hilarious it's become kind of a thing now.. >_> It doesn't have anything to do with portal as I believe this was all before portal 2 ever came out.

The description was a bit different, but that was the gist of it and we loved it. <3

~

Missed being here at 10 to make sure my eggs had enough views, so they hatched late. 3=

Ah, well, at least I have them! :3

How come everyones eggs are hatching so fast?

Some people are using a Red dragon's breed specific action called incubate. Incubate removes one day from an egg's timer, enabling it to hatch faster.

Edited by HappyAppy

Yes, they were incubated. Mine just hatched.

Your alts are beautiful (and they are my favorite color). smile.gif

I give up for tonight. I caught my sister one of every Val except a Chocolate.

Lol, I just kind of realized my hatchling was Born Feb 14th, and hatched Feb 15th. Nice.

One of mine hatched and the other should hatch any minute now. biggrin.gif

Before this closes, I think this has been the best Valentine's Day at the cave, ever! I know it's a lot of work for TJ and the organizers, and I just want them to know how aware I am and now much I appreciate it. Thanks, Cave! <3 <3 <3

Yes, they were incubated. Mine just hatched.

OH! *quickly scrambles to Lyz's scroll*

Guess I missed them on your scroll, but I had a look on the wiki, and they're absolutely gorgeous! biggrin.gif I can't decide which I like better, the regulars or the alt. They're both amazing!

I was working then had people over when they first dropped, so even with incubate, mine are kind of late. It's still a while before mine will hatch. I'm jealous that other people's are!

W00t! My V-Day eggs hatched! So now I have 'Stolen on Feb.14' for Valentine's Day & 'Hatched on Feb. 16' for MY BIRTHDAY!!! Yay! Birthday chocolate dragons ROCK. xd.png

Happy Birthday to me & my little chocolate dragons! biggrin.gif(can you tell I'm just the tiniest bit excited?)

wondering why the Wiki have dead spriter alt's egg ?

Just to show a complete set I guess ^^;

I used incubate. Mine just hatched. I know they are male, so I've named them "Lord Chocolate BonBon" and "Lord Truffle BonBon". hehe.

Edited by Riverwillows