DarkEternity

Metal Census (of orginal gold/silver dragons)

How many of the original metal dragons do you own? In total.  

667 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Errr I think I have like... 90?

@___@;;

My friend used to have over 100 silvers but I think she quit a while back.

17 golds

30 silvers

Note that my goal is to get ten of each adult sprite, and five of each S2 hatchling sprite, regardless of rarity. Until the changing of the gold sprites, I had met my goal and quit breeding and grabbing them. Now, though I don't breed my silvers, I have started going after golds again.

Out of all of those, only one is CB, a gold. No CB silvers at all.

Edited by Nectaris

A few for me, but that's because I used to catch them in the wee hours of the morning, back in '08 and '09. smile.gif Sooooo:

8 gold (6 CB, 2 second-gen)

8 silver (6 CB, 2 second-gen)

Haven't had a metallic egg out of them in more than ten months until yesterday, when out of nowhere, a gold shiny appeared. biggrin.gif So perhaps there is hope that I'll be able to coax more out in the future; my breeding list is packed full!

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Now that is just a bunch of bull. There are a lot of people who go out of their way to spread metallic gold/silvers around to other people - myself included.

I tend to give away more rares than those I keep for myself... VERY NICE lineages/low gens at that! Right now I have 70 combined golds/silvers on my scroll (includes the two golds I just bred this morning) and have spread around 75 more golds/silvers to other people.

As far a trends go....

Silvers are *slightly* more abundant than golds. That has been kinda known for some time.

Theoretically speaking.. for every 100 gold breedings we should see 1-2 gold eggs produced. And for every 100 silver breedings we should see 2-3 silvers produced.

I've been keeping track of my breeding data since the first breeding I have ever done. As far as I can tell my numbers indicate that golds are trending at around 1-2% success at producing golds and silvers have around 2-3% success at producing silvers.

Mind you that data also covers that period of time when the metallics were breeding out of control for a short period of time due to a glitch so those numbers are still working themselves out. Overall I think the above percentages are pretty close to what the actual norm *should* be since for a while there my percentages for silvers was as high as 29% and golds had been as high as 8%. They've come down quite a bit and are now holding relatively steady so I think the recovery time from the glitch period is finally over. Now, if I only use my breeding data for the 2011-12 years (which should effectively cut out the glitch period and subsequent recovery time) golds are at a near solid 1%; silvers 2%.

Edited by WraithZephyr

What WraithZephyr said. Please try not to assume that everyone other than yourself is a greedy dork. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif "What everyone knows" aside, most DCers actually are quite friendly and generous. biggrin.gif

For the record, I've gifted away every metallic egg of the past... wow, I don't even know how many years, but probably close to three... with exactly four exceptions, which were traded. Yesterday's egg was gifted as well.

The reduction in breeding success has been hard on everyone, but don't despair; there are still eggs being produced AND I saw two CB golds flash through the Alpine area yesterday when I was hunting shimmers for friends. There's always hope!

Exactly. I use my gold/silver eggs to either gift, abandon to the AP or trade for common hatchies. Trading is rare, too. I normally just abandon or surprise gift one to a random user. I tend to look at people's signatures and if I see someone that I can help out, I do so. That's how I gift a Holly egg every Christmas and metalics throughout the year. So if you are in need of a particular egg, don't whine about it....just put a respectful request in your sig, some of us do look and try to accomodate wink.gif

Gold - 19 (1 CB, 2 frozen hatchlings)

Silver - 20 (2 CB, 2 frozen hatchlings)

And, if my counting is correct, the number of metallics that mine have bred, but are not on my scroll (due to gifting, trading, and abandoning for the fun of it) are as follows: 31 Golds and 36 Silvers.

1 gold and 1 silver. I bred one from my gold, was gifted to fulfill a IOU.

Now that is just a bunch of bull. There are a lot of people who go out of their way to spread metallic gold/silvers around to other people - myself included.

I tend to give away more rares than those I keep for myself... VERY NICE lineages/low gens at that! Right now I have 70 combined golds/silvers on my scroll (includes the two golds I just bred this morning) and have spread around 75 more golds/silvers to other people.

As far a trends go....

Silvers are *slightly* more abundant than golds. That has been kinda known for some time.

Theoretically speaking.. for every 100 gold breedings we should see 1-2 gold eggs produced. And for every 100 silver breedings we should see 2-3 silvers produced.

I've been keeping track of my breeding data since the first breeding I have ever done. As far as I can tell my numbers indicate that golds are trending at around 1-2% success at producing golds and silvers have around 2-3% success at producing silvers.

Mind you that data also covers that period of time when the metallics were breeding out of control for a short period of time due to a glitch so those numbers are still working themselves out. Overall I think the above percentages are pretty close to what the actual norm *should* be since for a while there my percentages for silvers was as high as 29% and golds had been as high as 8%. They've come down quite a bit and are now holding relatively steady so I think the recovery time from the glitch period is finally over. Now, if I only use my breeding data for the 2011-12 years (which should effectively cut out the glitch period and subsequent recovery time) golds are at a near solid 1%; silvers 2%.

....I was actually just using the saying for the heck of it. I never said those of you who had a bunch of metallics were greedy.

Regardless, fact still remains that people with more metallics can breed more metallics, and people with less metallics can breed less metallics.

20 Gold. No CB.

21 Silver. 3 CB. (One I caught myself, the other two were traded)

My metals aren't terribly bad at producing. The Silvers are a lot more generous than the Golds. I have a few Golds that can be nice from time to time though.

none but id love a silver i like them much then golds

I so seldom keep what I breed of the metals, if I did keep them all, I'd have over 100, as it is, I have in the range of 45. I've traded to get different lineages, but when I breed I normally gift and I've traded about 4 altogether.

I have 1 CB gold and 1 Cb silver

all others are pretty messy but only one silver is inbred and I don't breed it

I have total about 11 golds and 13 silvers think it is

but that is slowly climbing now as I fnally can do something that is worth getting them in trades wink.gif

I have 31 silvers and 21 golds. ^^ 52 total, out of which, only 1 silver and 2 golds are CB.

Edited by earthgirl

Saw a CB silver in the alpine today. Was so totally stunned to actually see it I didn't click it. *headdesk*

~ 6 golds (1 of which is CB. Very productive little bugger. Likes to produce "no egg" on a regular basis. Only gold child to her name is a new wyrven, for shame >.>)

~ 11 silvers, none CB, most are related.

Was actually having a discussion the other day with a player with a sizable scroll but no classic metallics. She found out I had a small collection back in late november and wanted to know why metals were so hard to get. Because they don't drop eggs of their color. She was a good friend though and I didn't know she had a scroll till she mentioned it, and I spent the next several weeks breeding every last metallic I had hoping for the best since it's been nearly 8 months since the last gold and 6 months for silver. Christmas day they dropped an egg. Should have heard me squeal xd.png It made a nice present.

Alas though, if only all my metallics weren't inbred. Someone deadlined one a while back and chopped off a whole sprawling lineage. Don't know who did that, but I'm grateful. If they ever breed they'll be worth something more now. tongue.gif

a CB silver and gold. from way back when when they were much easier.

been trying to catch CB ones of late, maybe I'll get lucky soon.

one Gold, given through TGT. has given me 3 Gold eggs in the last 2 months!!! seems like she loves alot.png my male Marrow, as she had never produced Gold eggs with other partners.

one Silver, also given through TGT. this one is stubborn as a mule. she has never given me a shiny egg, though I have her for more than a year. the worst thing is that I owe an egg from her to a person, and this IOU is lasting for more than a year also... arggghhhh!!! *angryface*

actually don't need more metallics, unless they are CB. I'm not a hoarder of them smile.gif

I love new releases... I just got my first gold egg, in exchange for four new CB GW hatchies of course... ^^; So now I'm hoping that I can successfully breed a gold out of my new in order to gain back some of the new GW hatchies or a silver