DarkEternity

Metal Census (of orginal gold/silver dragons)

How many of the original metal dragons do you own? In total.  

667 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have around 80 now. i didn't count how many were gold and how many were silver but i know i have more silvers than golds. CB's - 3 golds and 7 silvers, i caught most during the glitch or traded for them. like most people, most of mine are messy lineages but i don't care, i love the silvers. now that the golds have a new sprite, i wish i had tried to get more of them way back when they were easier to catch/breed.

I got a solid 1 gold, and 0 silvers, coming to a grand total of 1.

It's amazing to think that people have more of one (rare) breed than I do dragons in total.

Why...do people always say that? (not singling you out Birdspirit)

The more Metals or other rare dragons that some people have, the more they tend to gift out. I gift, Thuban gifts, WraithZephyr gifts (she gifts A LOT of Metals,) and I could go on! We have what we want, will always want to collect more (if we have an army of said Dragons, it obviously means we love that breed,) but it gives us room to gift as well.

Besides, how does anyone know how pretty our Metals are? Sure, someone else could have over 100+ Golds (omg, dirty, greedy hoarder! tongue.gif) but what if every single one of them have the longest and messiest lineages any dragon could have? What if that person has absolutely NO CBs? Are they still a dirty hoarder?

And there-in lies the problem of keeping track. The poll would be way too large if it had to have all the options needed to properly show how fair the spread is. Most of my Silvers are bred. Sure I can say I have 23 Silvers plus 10 Golds, but most of them have been extra special gifts, or ones I have traded for, or have bred. But, all that is seen, is that I have 23 Silvers and 10 Golds making a total of 33 Metals.

posts like that are just venting. they are frustrated at either their own bad luck or ineptness at catching CB metals. ranting sometimes makes people feel better. it's best not to take it to heart.

anyway the idea itself is silly because how exactly does "the poor get poorer" in dragon cave? nothing is being taken away from them.

i'm sure it wasn't ment as post directed to anyone in particular so it's best to take stuff like that with a grain of salt.

I have 5 golds and 10 silvers. I assumed less so I picked 10-14 on the poll option, but I'm one over! As for the lineages, most of them are pretty good...

Golds. Last 4 were gotten in the past year or so.

1 3rd gen even deadline

1 4th stair even child from deadline

1 4th gen spiral

1 CB

1 4th gen even

Silvers. Last 6 were gotten in the past year-ish.

1 inbred thingo, don't breed her

3 long-lineaged Dorkfaces/Thuweds

1 3rd gen misgendered stair

4 5th-6th gens (one is a stair related to Penk)

1 CB

So yeah, pretty good! The first few were gifted, the rest I caught/traded.

Four silvers, no golds. I caught my first two from the departure thread (before Teleport) and the other two were bred by me recently. One of my original silvers has a messy but short lineage, the other one a messy and long one, but I love them both. <3

*raises hand* None~ I can never seem to trade for them. And I'm always too picky about lineages to try very hard for the messy lineages. Heh~ ~400 dragons and not a single metallic.

I voted 4 to 6. I have a 7th (bred) egg right now, but that's going to be gifted, so yeah.

Absolutely zero of either got my vote. Since starting, I have seen a total of 2 cb silvers drop and no cb golds, ever, and I'm in the cave fairly frequently for someone that has a life beyond the computer. I've seen a few of each drop in the AP but again, my computer speed isn't fast enough most of the time to grab one. I have hope of perhaps being able to trade for one or have a friend gift one to me some day but I really doubt I'll ever catch a cb.

I voted 45 to 100. I have 47, but I'm working on it... greedy hoarder here, although I've gifted around some metallics. xd.png my plan is to reach 100 eventually.

Gold - 6 m (3 CB), 7 f (1 CB)

Silver - 7 m (1 CB), 10 f (2 CB)

I gift most of their shiny offspring (except the few that are for lineages), on the very rare occasions they decide to produce one!

I have just over 100 metals, most of which are silvers. I have 5 cbs, 4 are silvers.

Though I've probably produced just as many metals and gifted them, seeing that I was here when metals breed very easily.

i just trade for 2 more silver eggs, so i'm from the 7-10 catagory to the 10-14 catagory xd.png shame i can't change my vote

hm looks like people have more silvers than golds, interesting. Yet they have the same trade value....

i just trade for 2 more silver eggs, so i'm from the 7-10 catagory to the 10-14 catagory  xd.png  shame i can't change my vote

hm looks like people have more silvers than golds, interesting. Yet they have the same trade value....

IMO, I don't really think that they do. I think that people expect them to have the same trade value. But I don't think that all that many are making strait on, equal trades of the two.

Ex:

CB Gold for CB Silver

2ng gen Gold of matching lineage for 2nd gen Silver

Of the CB metallics I've caught in the last month, Silvers are over twice as abundant. And while I think that there are always some people who will love the Silver sprite more than the gold and thus be willing to trade, I think that the belief in equal trade value is false perception based, in part, on our use of the inclusive term "metallics" which doesn't automatically differentiate between the rarity of the two.

It would be interesting to have a poll on the count of each (equal, 2:1, 3:1, etc) next, instead of just the count in each post that will span more pages, eventually, than we'll probably all want to read. lol

IMO, I don't really think that they do. I think that people expect them to have the same trade value. But I don't think that all that many are making strait on, equal trades of the two.

Ex:

CB Gold for CB Silver

2ng gen Gold of matching lineage for 2nd gen Silver

Of the CB metallics I've caught in the last month, Silvers are over twice as abundant. And while I think that there are always some people who will love the Silver sprite more than the gold and thus be willing to trade, I think that the belief in equal trade value is false perception based, in part, on our use of the inclusive term "metallics" which doesn't automatically differentiate between the rarity of the two.

It would be interesting to have a poll on the count of each (equal, 2:1, 3:1, etc) next, instead of just the count in each post that will span more pages, eventually, than we'll probably all want to read. lol

well tbh, when look at nice lineages i just find that silvers are more complentary to other breeds than golds.

make sense because jewelry is like that too - golds pops more silver is much easier to match.

i'm not to fond of the new golds and prefer the old ones myself but that aside, i don't think they look nice in a lot of lineages; save for with maybe an alt vine.

silvers on the other hand - well there's several variants of blue dragons to match with a male silver that will simply look stunning. female blue nebulas and female moonstones come to mind, but so can waters and daydreams. female silvers are a perfect match for male pinks IMO, but also look great with sweetlings, male holly dragons, heck even purples (but i find the purple breed in general to look great with any silvers, regardless of gender of either breed).

what i really like about the new shimmer gold is how the black offsets the yellow/gold/shinniness. the contrast will make it "more interesting" to pair up with darker color dragons or dragons with a broader color scheme, i think.

i really think the ability to match things nicer in lineages is what drives the silvers to be as wanted, if not more so than the golds, considering how hard some people work on lineages and how picky some others are. that's just what i think about the values, anyway.

I have to think the Silver is more abundant when dropping. I've caught one CB Gold, and 3 CB Silvers in the last month, and I've seen only handful of CB Golds fly through, but I've seen a lot more CB Silvers.

And even though I love them both, the Silver is looking a bit flat and old now compared to the other sprites coming out. And I'll probably get cupcakes thrown at me for saying

that. xd.png

I have to think the Silver is more abundant when dropping. I've caught one CB Gold, and 3 CB Silvers in the last month, and I've seen only handful of CB Golds fly through, but I've seen a lot more CB Silvers.

And even though I love them both, the Silver is looking a bit flat and old now compared to the other sprites coming out. And I'll probably get cupcakes thrown at me for saying

that. xd.png

i rather like the 'flat' look of the silvers though. i don't want all the sprites to have a crap ton of shading, because on some of them it just looks weird. kind of like the new sunset shading.

too much detailed shading in a small area can make some dragons look "plastic" to me. there's a few popular breeds i don't care for because that's exactly what they remind me of when i look at them. but i tend to favor 'softer' shading in sprites more often than not. it really boils down to personal taste.

I am one of those over 100+ - yes, I'm a hoarder wink.gif

I have 49 golds and 63 silvers.

When they actually produce gold/silver offspring, I gift them to those who don't have any or those who only have a couple. Or just send them to the AP.

Though if any of them are inbred, I try not to breed those unless someone wants an inbred gold/silver.

Lots of them are offspring of those already on my scroll.

I have 13: seven golds and six silvers. I have the "complete" collection of sprites: male/female adults, male/female hatchlings, and an ungendered hatchling for each. I have CB females, but I still need CB males of both kinds. I'm fairly confident that I can catch a CB silver, but I don't know if I'll ever catch a CB gold. laugh.gif

I have both given and traded away the offspring of my metals, but they don't give eggs very often!

4 adults and 2 frozen hatchies for each breed. Of them, I have just one CB gold.

over 50 silvers 40 CB

70ish golds 20 CB

a few messy lined golds but lots of breed 2nd gens nearly all offspring from these get gifted to friends for breeding lines

One.

Just one.

It was a horribly inbred gold I picked up on the AP a long (LONG) time ago.

Silvers and golds have always been mythical beings during the time I've searched the cave...

Edited by aquamarine__