DarkEternity

Metal Census (of orginal gold/silver dragons)

How many of the original metal dragons do you own? In total.  

667 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Only if Gold and Silver dragons are your favorite dragons. Otherwise, the only 'wealth' that comes from them is in the forum of bragging rights.

I personally find my 'wealth' in different types of dragon. Specifically Purples if you couldn't tell. n_n

Golds and silvers combined, I've got 33. I started DC back when metallic breedings were doing really well, and that combined with my noobness led to me breeding my CB metallics with a lot of undesirable dragons... so now I have 3 CB metallics and then a bunch of their mutant offspring, resulting from CB gold x CB mint or CB Silver x mid-gen random-lineaged vine X___x

Why oh why couldn't my younger self have been a smarter breeder? ;A;

When I first started I had a friend who'd been playing for a while who kindly gifted me my first metallics. In turn I gifted many of their offspring to other friends who'd started a little after I did. I was breeding my silvers mostly during the glitch period, when they bred a lot more than they do now and since I love them so much, I did indeed keep a number. Of course, four of my males are inbred since I wasn't really thinking about that at the time. Most of mine are related to each other somehow.

Now that all the friends I started with have stopped playing and the friend who helped me start out mostly just grabs new releases, I gift/abandon anything my metallics breed. And they don't breed much, let me tell you.

100+ metals.

Now I have 269 golds and silvers.

Wow! ohmy.gif

I only have 3: an inbred Gold, his frozen offspring and a low gen Silver. I have +1000 dragons but those are the only Metallics I have.

Well, the data are biased because of the grouping. If first group had been 1-10, it would have contained almost 60 votes, and it would still be a far narrower interval than the later ones (45-100 covers 55 numbers in comparison).

30 - 45, I've got 36. 8 of them are frozens however, though I guess that still counts.

There's a huge gap in my stock from early '10 - late '11 because of the adjusting of their numbers.

I'm so ecstatic that metals are getting gradually easier to get -- breeding has been more successful and I've seen dozens of them pass through the biomes.

Well, the data are biased because of the grouping. If first group had been 1-10, it would have contained almost 60 votes, and it would still be a far narrower interval than the later ones (45-100 covers 55 numbers in comparison).

but it's also a given that there would be more people with a handful or less of rares than there would be of people with an army.

Only 3 for me. All were lucky catches from the Ap. One of the silvers was after teleport was added. So was super excited when I got it.

I think my ratio is on the right track, with 44 metals, and almost 1400 dragons, still it's a low percentage, which sounds about right for them.

I personally find my 'wealth' in different types of dragon. Specifically Purples if you couldn't tell. n_n

^^ Agreed. Very nicely stated. Waters here!

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Why...do people always say that? (not singling you out Birdspirit)

The more Metals or other rare dragons that some people have, the more they tend to gift out. I gift, Thuban gifts, WraithZephyr gifts (she gifts A LOT of Metals,) and I could go on! We have what we want, will always want to collect more (if we have an army of said Dragons, it obviously means we love that breed,) but it gives us room to gift as well.

Besides, how does anyone know how pretty our Metals are? Sure, someone else could have over 100+ Golds (omg, dirty, greedy hoarder! tongue.gif) but what if every single one of them have the longest and messiest lineages any dragon could have? What if that person has absolutely NO CBs? Are they still a dirty hoarder?

And there-in lies the problem of keeping track. The poll would be way too large if it had to have all the options needed to properly show how fair the spread is. Most of my Silvers are bred. Sure I can say I have 23 Silvers plus 10 Golds, but most of them have been extra special gifts, or ones I have traded for, or have bred. But, all that is seen, is that I have 23 Silvers and 10 Golds making a total of 33 Metals.

Edited by CDM

I have 34 golds plus 3 frozen hatchies - all are bred.

I have 62 silvers plus 3 frozen hatchies - two are CB all the rest are bred.

Of the last 10 silvers I bred half were gifted. My golds don't really breed very well anymore.

edit: Forgot to mention I have over 2800 dragons/creatures.

Edited by rubyshoes

I have one CB Gold egg that I just caught yesterday, and that's it xd.png

Edited by Katiee

I have 8 golds & 8 silvers, making 16 metallics total. I remember how excited I was when I caught my first gold from the departure threads, a long but clean lineaged 12th gen that has produced 3 gold offspring in 2 years. One I traded for, & caught another via departure threads. Two golds are CB, caught last August within a month of each other.

My first silver was an inbred hatchie I was gifted who has produced 3 offspring as well. Two of the others were lucky departure thread catches. Only 2 of my silvers are not inbred, & one of those is CB.

I would love to gift metallics, but breeding has been abysmal. I have bred 1 gold in the last 2 years & 2 silvers in the last year.

I have a gold 4th gen I received back in March somehow. Can't recall if it was gifted or dropped in the departures thread. His mate happens to be my one and only silver (7th gen) dragon whom I traded a gold offspring for. Together they have bred 2 clean 8th gen silvers and 1 gold.

I've got three golds and three or four silvers. They've all got pretty messy lineages though, so I don't tend to breed them.

I lack 10 for a hundred. 38 golds and 52 silvers.

I have 3 CB silvers and a CB Gold is still a dream.

The shortest gold lineage I have are two 3rd gens, one of which is part of triplet golds my sister's gold bred during the glitch. I have more luck with silvers though.

It's amazing that at least now, metallics have a lot more value. There was a time when you could only get an unbreedable for a trade for a 4th gen clean lined metallic. It's one of the reasons I "hoarded". I couldn't get a decent trade offer then, when metallics bred like dogs.

I only have a total of three metallics. My inbred Silver, my CB Gold, and my Gold's daughter. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot of them. However, they are all really stubborn when it comes to breeding.

60, including all frozen hatchies. Also, the richer get richer? Uh-huh. Like many have said, what about the lineages? Most of mine are messy...

And I tend to gift newly bred golds anyway. :< And most people aren't interested in messy metallics. So, I don't really trade them either.

I have 25 in total

1 CB Gold

5 of her offspring

2 long/messy liniaged others

4 CB Female silvers

3 CB Male silvers

10 progeny from the above (Either their offspring, or the offspring of their offspring. Some messy due to being bred prior to lineage tool.)

All of these were acquired back when the ratios were skewed and it wasn't that difficult to get CB rares.