DarkEternity

Metal Census (of orginal gold/silver dragons)

How many of the original metal dragons do you own? In total.  

667 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aim: to determine the eveness of the spread of the original Gold and Silver Dragons.

That's one skewed curve you're going to be looking at. :P My vote goes to 10 - 14. And most of my metallics are siblings (only 4 of them aren't XD), if you're interested in those kinds of stats too. o3o

1 Gold that Never Produces any Eggs

1 Silver (and 6 Offspring) that Produce Eggs I end up Gifting/Trading

7 Total. None of them are CB.

EDIT:

Who said 100+?! We have a Rare Hoarder here! LOL

Edited by MysticTiger

I guessed that.. ;-;

D'ya have a better spread for voting?

My vote goes for 100+; I have something around 130 silvers and 60-odd golds. /greedyhoarder

o3o

(40 to 100) i have a combined total of 61 golds and silvers...22 gold, 39 silver. i figure that the older the player is, the more metals...i have more silvers than golds 'cause i liked silvers more and back then, they kinda...bred so easily. a lot easier than now haha.

I voted between 30-45. It would probably be closer to 60 or more, but I gift a lot of mine away.

I do have CB's (1 gold, 2 silvers), but they have never produced an egg at all.

Edit: I have 44, just counted. And a bunch come on line to breed today and tomorrow, so we will see if they are producers this week.

Edit: My CB Silver female just produced an egg. Shocked me.

Edited by Cheystar

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Not so. Gold trophy, good connection, total of 9 - and one was a gift.

ETA 4 m, 2f silver (2 CB, and very hard work; one was a gift, one caught in the AP. The other two I bred from my own.) 1m, 2f gold - two caught in the AP; one bred from my own.

Edited cos I first thought this was about the new stuff. Only just got up - excuse me ! But the principle holds. Of course the rich get richer if they work at it. The poor can too. The first ones I got were caught on the most amazingly appalling dialup, which dropped (I kid you not) about every 20 minutes with no warning. And you know what - now that I have a good connection, they are no easier to catch. It;'s sheer luck whether you happen to see them, more than connection. my newest silver actually sat in the biome through three refreshes before I realised what it was

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have six: four Silvers and two Golds. Didn't catch a one of 'em, was gifted one of the Silvers and the two Golds. Bred up the rest from those three.

4 golds (nice lineaged but that never produce gold eggs), 3 silvers (bad lineaged) and one frozen silver

So range 7-10 for me

Not so. Gold trophy, good connection, one gold - and that was a gift.

I agree with fuzz. I gift a ton of eggs, metals included.

My connection is rated F, I'm on the very outskirts of a DSL, all I can get in the boonies, and I've caught CB's.

The metals go on breeding sprees, and then they completely stop for a long time. Right now they are breeding a little, but I've gone several months without any breeding at all, and that is breeding them all weekly.

I have eighteen metallics - a good thing, too, because the number nineteen got left right out. xd.png

Five Golds. By some miracle, while AP hunting one day, I caught a Gold hatchie. The other four golds are her children and grandchildren.

Thirteen Silvers. The first Silver I ever got was a gift, and she's got a clean but unremarkable lineage. Most of my silvers are her children. I caught two in the AP, but their lineages are so messy I rarely even bother to breed them. I have only one Silver with a lineage that warrants constant breeding - she's a fifth generation Dorkface.

I've been on DC for three years and have never caught a CB Metallic. All my shinies were gifts, AP catches, or bred by me.

Close to a hundred. Didn't really count.

Have 1 CB Gold, 3 CB silvers (all female). A ton of descendants with questionable lineage, maybe a third are inbred. There were no online tools to check lineage before. Some are trades. Most are descended from common dragons since Rare x Rare were auto-refusals then.

I have close to 100 I think, got to count them one day xd.png Most of my golds were breed from one pair-they have been super productive <3

100+

90 Golds and about 10 silvers I guess....

I was around when golds were much easier to get....

18 all told: 1 frozen, 9 golds, 8 silvers

Earliest acquired in May 2009 and latest April 2011. So yeah. They breed horribly. A large number were traded/gifted and thus unrelated to each other. I've only ever bred 5 golds and 3 silvers (and kept them all barring 1 of those golds).

So far, out of almost 1200 dragons, I have 1 CB Gold which I caught in the cave in August, and one 6th gen, not too bad a mess, with no inbreeding, 1 spiral 5th gen Silver which was a very special Christmas gift, and a 3rd gen inbred frozen hatchling from the AP. Total = 4.

My CB male has two Gold children, both traded away, but my other Gold and my Silver girl haven't produced any eggs yet, but I'll keep trying.

Two.

One bred Gold gifted to me November '10, and one CB Silver I caught Christmas '11. Overlook is a sad, lonely old lady with no children... and Number Nine is my speshul boy.

Four of each, one silver is frozen. So that makes 8 in total. One CB of each. Caught the silver one in the cave (Aug 06, 2011), the CB gold was a very lucky AP catch (Nov 10, 2011). One silver is the child of the CB. The rest of my metallics are messy lineaged.

Been here for 3 months and caught one CB silver. As for the golds I've seen only 1 in the cave and missed it sad.gif

But really, when you look at it it's all matter of luck and how much time you spend hunting.