TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Ahhhgh, finally caught myself a gold egg. For this I am happy, though the trouble I had to go through to get it... I think I'll name the dragon something awful to reflect my disdain, hah >=P

Yay! new release,~Finally~ I have been waiting this whole month. I got the two moons and the gold is so hard to get, who knew.

Everyone should just be happy for the new release and stop winning about how they shouldn't have wings. Your wrecking the mood for all of us. Because i love them just the way they are.

P.S. I hope the release goes for an extra day or two. poptartFINALTINY.gif

Happy Chinese New Year!

I can't wait to get my new eggs :3

Might take me a while, since I'm busy D:

i finally caught two of the blue eggs! biggrin.gif unfortunately i wasn't fast enough for the gold, i hope i can get at least one tomorrow, but for now i'm gonna sleep so good luck to those still searching happy.gif

I always like the hustle and bustle that comes with a new release! smile.gif

I wonder if TJ realized the name of the event would be picked apart quite as thoroughly as it has been. I think it's just nice that he gave us new two new dragons.

Guys, please stop with the argument about the type of dragon. It won't change any thing! Is it really worth it? Can't you just be happy we have some new pretties?

I got three of each! Saving the one I just caught to either trade or freeze

Oh, that's too bad to hear that neither of them is going to have an Eastern body shape. I'd been hoping the gold one might end up looking like a good mate for my silvers, but now it's both looking and sounding like not. Oh, well, no harm done. :-)

FWIW, I don't think there's any particular "cultural" reference to Eastern style dragons. Yes, the origin of such dragon art is in Asia. But the origin of Western style dragon art is in Europe, and that doesn't mean a green or gold dragon is a European cultural reference. (Even the red dragon, which slightly resembles the national symbol of Wales, is still abstract enough not to be considered a cultural reference. An Eastern style dragon would not necessarily be a cultural reference either, in my opinion.)

So many people disapointed in this release...you can give me your eggs if you don't want them xd.png

Well, the hourly drop last 5 minutes, and again, I didn't catch any egg =/

Got three each. :3 I'm pleased.

Can't wait to see the adults. I think I remember them, but I still wanna see. ^-^

What a kill joy. I came here to be happy about having two of each type of dragon and instead see people whining and complaining about a gift that was given to them. How ungrateful! I think we should all remember that nothing is owed to us, and that the mere fact that the staff did something so wonderful for us should be celebrated and not so deeply criticized. I could see criticizing if it were something offensive, but it's not. They're dragons celebrating the year of the dragon and the anniversary of dragon cave. Be happy, eh?

Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Be thankful for such a wonderful event and the fact the staff cares to put on these community builders. (Thank the spriters too for such beautiful artwork.)

Thanks all for doing this for me and others!

Caught 3 of each, influenced and incubated accordingly! Thank you to the spriters smile.gif Hope you all manage not to get mired in the drama!

Not everyone who was hoping to see eastern dragons is complaining, guys. Personally I love eastern dragons because they are fluffy and slinky, and considering today's date would've been a good choice, but that doesn't mean I don't like the eggs we did get. :3

So many people disapointed in this release...you can give me your eggs if you don't want them xd.png

Well, the hourly drop last 5 minutes, and again, I didn't catch any egg =/

LOL, we haven't even seen them yet. Maybe they'll be super-duper awesome and I'll lurve them. :-)

The fact that I'm disappointed at the lack of Eastern style dragons on my scroll doesn't mean I'm going to start throwing Western style ones out the window. It just means I'll have to keep on hoping for the next release, that's all. :-D

Oh, and for anyone who can't catch gold or blue, I'd be happy to breed you a 2nd gen when mine are capable of breeding. Just PM.

What a kill joy. I came here to be happy about having two of each type of dragon and instead see people whining and complaining about a gift that was given to them. How ungrateful! I think we should all remember that nothing is owed to us, and that the mere fact that the staff did something so wonderful for us should be celebrated and not so deeply criticized. I could see criticizing if it were something offensive, but it's not. They're dragons celebrating the year of the dragon and the anniversary of dragon cave. Be happy, eh?

Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Be thankful for such a wonderful event and the fact the staff cares to put on these community builders. (Thank the spriters too for such beautiful artwork.)

I agree! BE HAPPY PEEPS!

What a kill joy.  I came here to be happy about having two of each type of dragon and instead see people whining and complaining about a gift that was given to them.  How ungrateful!  I think we should all remember that nothing is owed to us, and that the mere fact that the staff did something so wonderful for us should be celebrated and not so deeply criticized.  I could see criticizing if it were something offensive, but it's not.  They're dragons celebrating the year of the dragon and the anniversary of dragon cave.  Be happy, eh?

Happy, happy.  Joy, joy.  Be thankful for such a wonderful event and the fact the staff cares to put on these community builders.  (Thank the spriters too for such beautiful artwork.)

Exactly my thoughts, and worded much more elegantly than I could have put it.

Thiefofhearts: Christmas has become a blanket term for the December holiday season. The dragons aren't celebrating the birth of Christ. I mean, plenty of non religious people celebrate Christmas. Christmas has become more than just celebrating the birth of Christ.

yes but haven't all the dragons thus far referenced Christmas, instead of other Dec holidays? i think for the winter magi you can stretch it to be the more well rounded holiday dragon compared to the others, but hollies, reindeer, angels and ribbons are a pretty strong pointer to Christmas rather than other Dec holidays. Either way, the reason why someone celebrates Christmas, in this case, isn't important. The reference here is made for a specific holiday (Christmas) and not say, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the winter solstice or boxing day. The previous dragons released have reflected this.

As this is the Chinese new year dragon, i think it's understandable that there would be some confusion that the dragons being released don't reflect this, simply because experience tells them otherwise. Not really arguing right or wrong here, just trying to see where people are coming from. I know that the site is trying to avoid stereotypes but i do think to take it to this extent is a little silly. Dragons can't make cultural references but other things on the website can - it's honestly confusing.

Then again, the year of the dragon (which is what we are celebrating, right?) is A YEAR LONG, so maybe we shouldn't put the cart before the horse. Maybe there is something else going on with this release that we don't know about. I mean, what if these dragons become super rares once the year of the dragon is over? Or what if these dragons are "lucky" or something?

If someone isn't happy over the release for one reason or another, that's their opinion and is just as valid as mine =P Please respect those who may have differing opinions than yours.

I don't mind what type of dragon something is, long as it looks awesome. I'm easy to please (LOL..)

Buck up all those with slow nets like me - IT CAN HAPPEN

now that all the fasties are full of eggs, I actually managed to get 2 blue moon eggs

There is hope for you yet.

~ Now to wait for some egg space and try for the goldies.

Do we know how many days we will be having such a drop for?

I wuld be happy if i culd get even one of each eggs, as they are so hard to catch, even when there was no biomes i found it easyer to catch new eggs, but for some reason i cant catch anything from the cave right now. I wished that gols wuld be a goldish wariation of the silver dragon as they look so nice, but as hatchies are turning out they look realy nice and wuld be a shame to change them.

I wonder if these dragons will turn out like those stone dragons that usually guard Chinese/Asian temples and homes. The blue one makes me think that.