TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

wait i just got home from work, where can i find these new dragons? all the biomes have the same old eggs ):

These drop in the Alpine, but you basically have to wait until the hour drop since the 5min drops are so short. Even the hour drop is gone fast, but maybe now that it's later things will slow down a bit.

wait i just got home from work, where can i find these new dragons? all the biomes have the same old eggs ):

Alpine Biome. But I gotta warn you, it's a war zone there

Arguing about it won't change anything. We got new dragons. That's all that matters.

i agree! let's just be happy we have new dragons to catch biggrin.gif i hope i get a pair of each lol

For all those complaining about this release not being Eastern Dragon...

~Image Removed~ TJ, did not post.~

Seriously, folks, get over it.

Arguing about it won't change anything. We got new dragons. That's all that matters.

Well, fair enough.

I could easily raise that stupid "It's always about you Americuns!!1!11!1!1oneoneelven!!1" 'argument', but as I've read through some other posts in the thread, it seems TJ just doesn't like eastern dragons so much (I seriously hope this isn't him being discriminatory though.) I thus respect his decision, as this is his site, to begin with. smile.gif

They're on the Alpine biome.
Edited by _Z_

In chinese culture, people put up dark blue lanterns quite like the colour of the new blue dragon in front of their house to announce they had a death in the family.

Red means happyness. If it's to be a chinese new year release then tj should have released some dragons that had more do with chinese new year than something that mocks it

Everyone (well, mostly tongue.gif) loves celebrating the start of a new year

...then why are we celebrating it 24 days too late?

If you look at the title of the image in his post, it says "Year of the Dragon". To me, that seems more like the theme of the release, if there even is one to begin with

So a theme is ''year of the dragon'', posted in a day of chinese new year that will start a year of the dragon. I think it's safe to assume that the theme was inspired by this, yet the dragons choosen to release are completly random.

I wonder if people with slower connections like mine (understandable, as pinging to your servers from Asia will take longer) would be able to snag these. I love these dragons too much, but come on 288 people on the Alpine page is CRAZY.

I miss the times when I could freely get pillow dragons for whoever on there, because not too many people stalked the Alpine page, but now, xAx

Yep, totally possible. It just takes the right combination of luck and patience. I'm on a very slow (and by very, I mean almost as slow as dial up) connection in Australia, and I've managed to lock my scroll and catch four for my room-mate and two for a friend who's away. Disabling scripts helps, but really it's just about sitting there and clicking madly on the hourly drop.

So really, good luck and keep trying! It's all you can do. I know it's frustrating for those who don't get one, but I gave up being sad about missing out on new releases years ago (on the '09 Vals, to be exact). I figure that I can either get angry and cross and have a tantrum about it, or I can remember it's a game and meant to be fun, try again on the next hour and hope for the best. :3 It's made new releases a whole lot more enjoyable, even if I don't manage to get (m)any.

are these permanent dragons or special ones? any idea if they will be commons or rares considering the occassion?

A member stated that golds are rares. No idea about the blues.

are these permanent dragons or special ones? any idea if they will be commons or rares considering the occassion?

Permanent, they seem like they're rares/uncommons but that may just be because of all the hype. It's too early to tell~

@DarkEternity - Although when created the golds were meant to be rares, TJ might have made them uncommons anyway. (To be honest, the golds do seem rarer than the blues to me.)

Edited by Saloiq

In chinese culture, people put up dark blue lanterns quite like the colour of the new blue dragon in front of their house to announce they had a death in the family.

Red means happyness. If it's to be a chinese new year release then tj should have released some dragons that had more do with chinese new year than something that mocks it

Red and yellow are colors of luck, power, and strength. That's why they're on the Chinese flag.

I don't think it's to mock Chinese New Year's (at least, I hope not), I think it's in part because of ignorance.

And I will be looking back in the other posts... because, what's wrong with cultural influences? Unless this site is just totally for "American"-esque dragons? :|

I'm sorry you're disappointed by the fact that some of the more obviously easern-style dragons weren't picked for this time around, but I hope it's not enough to spoil the release for you. Because it is supposed to just be a general release that coincidentally celebrates the date. :3

Amen to this. Count me among those who would have enjoyed an Eastern dragon on their scroll, but I still am happy with what we got. TJ could have just passed the entire day right on by and we'd be waiting for Valentine's Day.

And looking around, I've noticed that the most vehement detractors of the fact these two breeds might not be Eastern, haven't been idle during the release. Some have more eggs than those who who are just happy we have something new but don't have any, yet.

Yep, totally possible. It just takes the right combination of luck and patience. I'm on a very slow (and by very, I mean almost as slow as dial up) connection in Australia, and I've managed to lock my scroll and catch four for my room-mate and two for a friend who's away. Disabling scripts helps, but really it's just about sitting there and clicking madly on the hourly drop.

So really, good luck and keep trying! It's all you can do. I know it's frustrating for those who don't get one, but I gave up being sad about missing out on new releases years ago (on the '09 Vals, to be exact). I figure that I can either get angry and cross and have a tantrum about it, or I can remember it's a game and meant to be fun, try again on the next hour and hope for the best. :3 It's made new releases a whole lot more enjoyable, even if I don't manage to get (m)any.

Yikes, high five on the dial-up slow speed though. "Satellite internet", my ass.

True, the entire catching process makes it more fun for me, I guess I just need to be more patient. :"D

Thank you for the encouragement.

I'll have to try catching them when I get back, as my class starts at 1 PM today (it's already 12:24 PM here.)

...then why are we celebrating it 24 days too late?

As someone who celebrates the Chinese New Year, it is based on the Lunar Calendar, not the Gregorian one most of the world uses. Yes, I know we celebrate New Year's here in Japan on the 1st of January as well, but those of us who also follow the Lunar Calendar on occasion celebrate each new LUNAR new year.

The calendar is quite different from the Gregorian one, and there is no consistent date for it. One time, the Lunar New Year was February 16 (I think it was last year?)

Edited by Hoar

so wait, does anyone know for a fact these dragons, once matured will both be "western"? couldnt one of them still grow up to be eastern?

Eh, why are we speculating on TJ's preference of dragons? Unless he come right out and said Me No Lyke Eastern dragon, it's best not to gossip. No?

185 people camping alpine X.x

Yay, it's down from before. biggrin.gif Too bad I'm still locked. I won't be staying up until my slot frees up, but I will be waking early tomorrow to try and get another of these.

I'm starting to hate how so many people (or at least it feels like it) have seen this dragon before but I haven't. I need to start stalking the completed list. :<

Edited by Saloiq

so wait, does anyone know for a fact these dragons, once matured will both be "western"? couldnt one of them still grow up to be eastern?

Both almost definitely western. Pretty sure I saw both on the completed list.

s/he said new year, not chinese new year.

She said "a new year" (in your quote). That could be either.

*huggles her eggies* I think I remember the blues!