TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

The point is easterns were not released this time. Maybe next time, maybe the time after

...in 12 years? Well, good luck with that and again:

But we(meaning DC) are not celebrating it the way they would. We are celebrating it purely because this is dragon cave and it is year of the dragon.

Eh, so we are just doing it for the sake of doing it? Then why are halloween releases halloween-themed? Same for Christmas, Valentines. Why not release some completly random dragons? Why are we even celebrating them here, it's not like any of these have anything to do with dragons

In one drop, I was lucky to get all 7 to lock. Too bad they were almost all the blues. I hope I can trade for a second gold one!

Eh, so we are just doing it for the sake of doing it?

Pretty much, yeah.

Then why are halloween releases halloween-themed? Same for Christmas, Valentines. Why not release some completly random dragons? Why are we even celebrating them here, it's not like any of these have anything to do with dragons

Because TJ wants to celebrate them here? What, so since we celebrate some holidays, we have to celebrate all of them? Yeah, that's gonna work. The Halloween, Christmas and Valentines Day releases are limited. And the dragons are designed for that event specifically. (With the exception of Vampires.) I suspect it isn't exactly easy to organize, and we just finished the Christmas event, and the V-Day one will be in a few weeks.

This is not a "Chinese New Year" release, it's a normal release that happens to be on the Chinese new year. Like how Spitfires and Coastal Waverunners were released on the 4th of July without having anything to do with that holiday. And I don't recall anyone complaining about that.

Not only almost no one would notice, but also no one would suspect it if he removed them a day, maybe a week before.

Some people do stalk the completed requests. And if something had been on that post a few days before it was released in-cave, it wouldn't be long before most of the site knew what they'd hatch/grow up into beforehand.

Edited by DarkLadyNyara

Yay new eggies biggrin.gif Late but I got 2 of each. They are a bit of a pain to catch, and I am having connection issues lately (shakes fist at ISP).

Thank you TJ, staff and spriters! <3

Might have been answered before but I'm too tired to hunt.

Anyone know how long this will go for?? Like, it it just for today or for a few days?

Might have been answered before but I'm too tired to hunt.

Anyone know how long this will go for?? Like, it it just for today or for a few days?

These are permanent additions as far as we know. TJ would have mentioned in his post if they were limited.

AP'd one moonlight, picked up a gold. Now I have 5 moonlights and two gold.

I had to turn off Java and pagestyle, but one must do what one has to do....

These are permanent additions as far as we know. TJ would have mentioned in his post if they were limited.

probably should have worded it better, I meant the drops ^^;

I'm praying the mass release will go on for at least a couple of days. As hard as it is to get the gold dragons, and then having to keep the eggs for 5 hours on top of that, is going to make it next to impossible to get a nice mix of both dragons. sad.gif

probably should have worded it better, I meant the drops ^^;

Usually with a new release the old eggs gradually start showing up more and more over a period of a few days. The old eggs are already showing up in the Alpine during drops.

edit: Based on past releases, the drop will probably be mainly new eggs for 2 or 3 days at least.

Edited by rubyshoes

This is SO frustrating. I keep fumbling with the rotten mouse and not clicking as fast as I can. I wish people would stop hoarding them as well. Let others get a chance before you hoard. Dear lord!

Usually with a new release the old eggs gradually start showing up more and more over a period of a few days. The old eggs are already showing up in the Alpine during drops.

Ah, thanks biggrin.gif At least now I know I have some sort of a chance tomorrow

Ooo, that was quick - thanks for implementing the fixed S2 sprite so fast, TJ! Why yes, this was a test of people's observational skills. (No, actually just a file mix-up in the process of gathering the completed versions for him. *g*)

In other news - whee, only an hour before I can pass some eggs along to my sister, and try for catching her a gold one. We shall see how that works... *g*

Edited by Imbecamiel

I wish people would stop hoarding them as well. Let others get a chance before you hoard. Dear lord!

That's not going to happen. lol If I snagged 6 golds, I wouldn't feel in the least bit guilty or bad about it, and I don't blame other's either. It's what it is around here.

the drop will probably be mainly new eggs for 2 or 3 days at least.

Well, that's a relief! biggrin.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Eh, so we are just doing it for the sake of doing it? Then why are halloween releases halloween-themed? Same for Christmas, Valentines. Why not release some completly random dragons? Why are we even celebrating them here, it's not like any of these have anything to do with dragons

Righteo, because dragons don't have anything to do with the year of the dragon. Or even DC. .3.

I'm trying to not look at the hatchies xd.png I want to see what they look like, but I'm going to try my hardest to wait until mine hatch x3 (Still haven't caught any gold ones yet ._. I think it either my mouse is going on strike, I'm WAY too slow, or everyone is too darn fast x'D)

This is not a "Chinese New Year" release, it's a normal release that happens to be on the Chinese new year.

So, TJ just woke up this morning and thought it would be fun to release a new dragon and, oh my, it happened to be a chinses new year? + the name of the thread

And the dragons are designed for that event specifically. (With the exception of Vampires.)

Again, there are completed eastern dragons, maybe there were more earlier and TJ just removed them,.

Like how Spitfires and Coastal Waverunners were released on the 4th of July without having anything to do with that holiday. And I don't recall anyone complaining about that.

Well, I'm not American but I'm sure 4th july has nothing to do with dragons.

Some people do stalk the completed requests. And if something had been on that post a few days before it was released in-cave, it wouldn't be long before most of the site knew what they'd hatch/grow up into beforehand.

Well, you have a point, but right now there are people who know how the adults look anyway, so what's the difference?

EDIT:

Righteo, because dragons don't have anything to do with the year of the dragon. Or even DC. .3.

...was talking about these holidays, not dragons...

Edited by Xatu

That's not going to happen. lol If I snagged 6 golds, I wouldn't feel in the least bit guilty or bad about it, and I don't blame other's either. It's what it is around here.

obviously, that's the problem

obviously, that's the problem

It's not a problem. It's just the way it is.

@Xatu.

For the Chinese who celebrate Chinese New Year, it has everything to do with Dragons. This is infact the Year of the Dragon for them. So yes, these holiday's do have "something" to do with Dragons.

Yeah, baby! I managed to snag one precious gold! **snuggles egg** I love both baby dragons, but the golds are so elusive that I'm thrilled I've got one of them! xd.png I'll release a couple of blue's tomorrow and try for at least 2 more golds. But that's it for tonight, I'm locked for the next few hours. Good luck everyone!

Ooo, that was quick - thanks for implementing the fixed S2 sprite so fast, TJ! Why yes, this was a test of people's observational skills. (No, actually just a file mix-up in the process of gathering the completed versions for him. *g*)

I thought I spotted the difference when I checked TJ's hatchies again, but I wasn't sure until I saw the un-updated sprites on the DC wiki. <3

It's not a problem. It's just the way it is.

thats only because others like you don't want to be considerate. And that's a problem.