TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

No, there's no >religious< connotations there, you're absolutely right; but certainly Santa's flying reindeer would have to be considered a >cultural< reference, wouldn't it?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. I personally think cultural references are just fine as long as they don't venture into the realm of stereotype, which the Yulebuck dragons obviously do not. But arguing that "Santa's flying reindeer" isn't a cultural reference is... kind of strange. What else could it be?

If something is universally accepted as commercial, in many countries, it becomes less something cultural, and more something that just is.

I'm wondering if TJ could just release all Easterns one year and then all Westerns another? This would exclude Holidays.

Easterns would probably have to be placed into a new category like two headeds and drakes.

No, there's no >religious< connotations there, you're absolutely right; but certainly Santa's flying reindeer would have to be considered a >cultural< reference, wouldn't it?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. I personally think cultural references are just fine as long as they don't venture into the realm of stereotype, which the Yulebuck dragons obviously do not. But arguing that "Santa's flying reindeer" isn't a cultural reference is... kind of strange. What else could it be?

One could also argue that it's just based off a caribou. Or a reindeer, because they are used to pull sleds.

If you look deep enough for something, you're bound to find it. It's like searching for Marxism in Mary Poppins.

Santa's flying reindeer was the first to come to mind because I'm admittedly not running on a lot of sleep. I'm not arguing as effectively as I could, or should be.

**screams! of frustration** Grrrrrr....! Two miss clicks on commons and not even 2 minutes after the damn hour! Why do freaking commons have to be in there already!? As if this isn't hard enough without them! Ah well, back to the drawing board to try for another gold tomorrow.

I'm wondering if TJ could just release all Easterns one year and then all Westerns another? This would exclude Holidays.

Easterns would probably have to be placed into a new category like two headeds and drakes.

Did everyone forget about silver dragons or something? O_O Aren't they eastern?...

Another hourly drop, and I got nothing.

Also, did anyone else see that Ice duing the drop? blink.gif

my sister has me trying to catch eggs for her, so far i have only caught her 1 sad.gif ,but keep trying and you might get something

good luck

awww... again none for me.

At least the hundreds of other players in the Alpine are also fast enough to get the misclicked eggs before me xd.png

I would prefer, if no other dragons would be in the Alpine at the moment. Am I the only one, having a recognize second due to that reason and being unable to catch?

Isn't meant in a bad mood, honestly ^,^"

In any case: thank you TJ for the release xd.png

Now I feel bad for going to bed exactly before the first drop xd.png

Time differences hurt sometimes ;P

Finaly managed to snag me one of those lovely eggs from the cave, the blue eggs look so nice, i wish i culd take them to bed and snuggle with them(a total sucker for anything blue).

Thank you TJ for makeing such a nice surprise for all of us, and a big thank you to spriters that did such wonderfull job.

*crosses fingers and hopes that the adults are pretty*

G'luck to everyone who hasn't gotten an egg yet!

I don't know if anyone does this, but I find that pressing backspace at the reject page, or whatever it's called >.< is helpful because your mouse stays in the same place.

-Jubs

*too lazy for a signature*

Another hourly drop, and I got nothing.

Also, did anyone else see that Ice duing the drop? blink.gif

oh i saw it n i freaked out! I wanted it xd.png

Wow, I was on the computer all day and for some reason never checked DragCave. It always seems that the one day I don't check it, something like a new release happens. Finally did check one hour ago.

So far have just 2 blue eggs, no golden ones yet.

Haven't gotten any new eggs.....Would of been cool if they were dropped in biomes...400 people in one biome, that's tough to grab an egg....well for me it is.

So far I have caught one gold and two blue and two CB seasonal misclicks, which I am happy to have. I just need to wait another hour for two more eggs to hatch before I can try for a second gold.

I would prefer, if no other dragons would be in the Alpine at the moment. Am I the only one, having a recognize second due to that reason and being unable to catch?

You're not the only one. I wish they weren't in there either. The golden eggs are very, very hard to catch on their own, even when it is just the new eggs. Add the commons in there 2 minutes after the hour and it becomes almost impossible. Next to the Marrow release, this one is the biggest pain in the ass I've dealt with on here. lol Ah well, at least they'll always be around. What worries me is that those goldens are going to be as rare as golds. I've got one golden egg, and I'm desperate for at least two. If they're as rare as golds, we're all screwed if they've stopped dropping en mass by tomorrow. :/

This is why there weren't any people in the Desert... sleep.gif

I'm already close to my limit, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to hatch before I attempt anything.

Did everyone forget about silver dragons or something? O_O Aren't they eastern?...

I certainly did. xd.png I just barely started getting Silvers on my scroll so I don't look at them very often.

But yes you are right....Now that doesn't make a lot of sense.....

I can't stop staring at the hatchlings. They look amazing! I can't wait to see the adults. Even though I know it's still a few days before they'll mature, I keep checking back anyway. Just in case TJ has worked some of his magic and sped up the process some. xd.png *impatient*

This is already my favourite release that I've been on the site for. biggrin.gif Though I haven't been around for many. Only three, including holidays.

I wonder how rare these dragons will be. Gold instantly makes me think rare, though it might not be the case. Hmm... I'd like to find out!

I certainly did. xd.png I just barely started getting Silvers on my scroll so I don't look at them very often.

But yes you are right....Now that doesn't make a lot of sense.....

Yep. We already have two definite Eastern dragons in cave, the Waters and the Silvers, and maybe you could count the sweetlins (but that's a big maybe). There are plenty Completed or soon-to-be completed requests that are Eastern style, and I'm sure we'll see them in the cave eventually. I bet the reason we didn't see them this release is because TJ likes to hide them for a while to make them a surprise.