TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

So far I have caught one gold and two blue and two CB seasonal misclicks, which I am happy to have. I just need to wait another hour for two more eggs to hatch before I can try for a second gold.

I'll take the seasonals off yer hands when they cool down if ya don't want them lol

Most of the colors associate with Christmas are red, gold, green, white, and occasionally blue and silver (I'm a little disappointed we don't have a blue and silver Christmas dragon).

Hollies are based on traditional Christmas colors, which do span a few holidays other than Christmas. Holly berries also grow around this time of year.

Yulebuck...santa's flying reindeer. There's absolutely no religious connotations there. They're colored like candy canes (which for the candy cane's origin I'll give you credit, but today it's just seen as a sweet, minty confection) and it has wings of holly leaves. See above.

The Snow Angels are well known for their singing. Yes, singing, as in carols. Several December holidays have carols. Snow Angels isn't really an accurate name for them, but it was the only ones the spriters really liked that the users came up with.

Ribbons is a stretch. Hanukkah has eight days of presents. Where are ribbons found? On presents.

Again, the Christmas dragons take colors and themes of the holidays without actually being related to any particular religion. They represent the blanket holiday moniker that Christmas has come to represent. The commercial side.

I wouldn't speculate too much. It's already been stated that this is just a regular release that happens to fall on the beginning of the year of the dragon.

((I would also think blue and silver would be pretty together although that's more of a hanukkah theme, but that's besides the point i guess))

Anyway, Christmas dragons isn't so much as they are about religion - just the holiday itself. Some people choose to take the holiday and leave the religion. I'm assuming that this is what dragon cave is doing but it still references a holiday and the customs/influences of it (without necessarily taking the religiong with it), is what I am trying to say. Holly is used as a traditional decoration for Christmas (idk about the other holidays; please correct me here if it's also used), and Yes, reindeer pull santa's sleigh, but Santa is associated with Christmas, and no other Dec holiday. I actually didn't realize the singing/carol metaphor with the Snow Angels, but just by the looks of their colors and names/wings are symbolic of Christmas. Angels are a huge Christmas theme after all. I don't think Ribbons are that much of a stretch since they are given traditional Christmas colors also (even the spriter alt is silver and gold). of course presents can be given any time of the year so given the timing and coloration, ribbon dancers make me think Christmas.

in anycase i like speculating, even if it's grossly wrong. it's part of the fun xd.png i'll try not to cry too hard when i am disappointed though. scout's honor. :3

Eh. I'll go breed my trios to see if I can trade one for the shimmer egg.

Two blue eggs and no golds. I'm really hoping I can get two golds before they stop dropping en mass in case they turn out to be rare.

Well, I woke up at 5 oclock this morning to get on dragon cave in the hope a lot of people in other countries would be in bed and it would be quiet... I was wrong >D Im so addicted to this game!

Does any one know if the eggs drop at any other time.. Other than the hourly drop, that is???

Just curious.

As far as other countries sleeping while you're up, remember that a LOT of people are awake Most of the night... I am frequently up until 1am Pac Coast Time... Then getting up at 6 to 8AM...

Edited by Husky51

Does any one know if the eggs drop at any other time.. Other than the hourly drop, that is???

Just curious.

There are very very small drops at the 5 minute marks.

Well, I woke up at 5 oclock this morning to get on dragon cave in the hope a lot of people in other countries would be in bed and it would be quiet... I was wrong >D Im so addicted to this game!

LOL I wanted to do that but I slept trough my alarm clock! Fail.

Still 200+ people... Still no eggs. Wuh. ;-;

LOL I wanted to do that but I slept trough my alarm clock! Fail.

Still 200+ people... Still no eggs. Wuh. ;-;

Welll I say I got up at 5... I really got lazy and sat up to go on the laptop I had set up right next to my bed for this occasion at 6 oclock tongue.gif

Still nothing! xd.png

I hope these continue to drop for a while, because I'm too tired to stay up and try to catch them right now. sleep.gif

Edited by BrightStarBella

Nothing here either. But sooner or later it will happen and I will get at least one of each. After all, they are not Gon that I can't seem to summon any of wink.gif

Since the gold eggs appear to be rarer, for the time being I decided to abandon most of my blue eggs since those will probably still be fairly easy to get once things cool down from the release. The golds I'm not so sure about, so I wanted to go ahead and stock up now. I'm all locked up with 6 golds and 1 blue, and when these hatch I'll try to catch a few more of each breed.

Maybe gold just screams rare so people are more likely to get more of them. That's why there are more lunars than solars right now (uh nickname...not the name of the dragon xd.png).

For all those complaining about this release not being Eastern Dragon...

~Image Removed~ TJ, did not post.~

Seriously, folks, get over it.

Arguing about it won't change anything. We got new dragons. That's all that matters.

I just wanted to express the ultimate win of this post <3

Edited by _Z_

Maybe gold just screams rare so people are more likely to get more of them. That's why there are more lunars than solars right now (uh nickname...not the name of the dragon xd.png).

That's what I was thinking too, gold on this site = automatic rare in most people's minds, so they're probably more likely to scramble for gold.

I got an extra two moonlights myself, debating weather to trade for another gold pair or not....Difficult choice.

Hmmm... now that I think about it... does anyone else think that the new release is conveniently timed to coincide with the giving-out of this year's Prize dragons? Not the main reason, of course, and probably not even a major reason, but perhaps a rather helpful coincidence. I'm sure no one will even think of badgering the lucky prize winners (whoever they are) for offspring when we have these shiny new dragons to grab.

On another note: meant to lurk in wait for a shimmery gold, but reflex-clicked and grabbed a blue moon instead! Still very, very lucky, considering how many other people were on the page, but now I've got about 16 hours until I can Incubate another egg and un-lock myself for another try. Ah well.

Well I'm still scroll locked, with 5 blue and 1 gold egg. I was hoping for another gold at least, but all I got is trading now xd.png

I'm too scared ot release any of my blue ones...maybe I'll just gift them. I dunno.

Either way I'm still hoping the Gold is breedable.