TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Here's how I've had such a good time catching Hollies, with minimal effort:

If you're using Firefox (and if you're not, I suggest using just until you catch the eggs you want), turn off Javascript. That will speed the loading of the AP, no matter how slow your connection is. Also, in the menu bar there is a section that says 'view'. Under view, there is a section called 'page style'. Click that and (while you are on the AP) select 'no style'. That will eliminate the load time for all the fancy stuff. Finally, right click anywhere on DC (except on a link or picture) and go to 'view page info' then 'media'. Once there, click the 'block images from static.technoized' box. This will block all the "DRAGON CAVE, Login, scroll, help, etc." images, but leave the egg and dragon images untouched.

Obviously, doing all that won't make Hollies pop up in the AP any more frequently than they already do, but it'll help the AP load much MUCH faster, thus making things a bit easier than they would be if you let all that extra stuff load.

Good luck, hope I've helped a bit smile.gif

I had every bit of this set but the Media block. Thank you for that info!

As far as the increase in sickness around every holiday, AoND has posted this warning on their site:

"WARNING: This site is much busier during holiday events.

It will give your dragons many more views than usual, in a much shorter time.

Be careful that your dragons do not get sick, especially when they are less than a day old."

Good luck to everyone with the new Hollies! I'm off to test the new hunt method. Wish me luck!

How to turn off Javascript with Google Chrome:

-Click the Wrench Button on the right top side of Chrome.

-Go down to "Options"

-In the new Window, Look for "Under the Hood" on the left sidebar and click it

-Click "Content Settings.." Button at the very top of the page

-Check "Do not allow any site to run JavaScript"

Here's how I've had such a good time catching Hollies, with minimal effort:

If you're using Firefox (and if you're not, I suggest using just until you catch the eggs you want), turn off Javascript. That will speed the loading of the AP, no matter how slow your connection is. Also, in the menu bar there is a section that says 'view'. Under view, there is a section called 'page style'. Click that and (while you are on the AP) select 'no style'. That will eliminate the load time for all the fancy stuff. Finally, right click anywhere on DC (except on a link or picture) and go to 'view page info' then 'media'. Once there, click the 'block images from static.technoized' box. This will block all the "DRAGON CAVE, Login, scroll, help, etc." images, but leave the egg and dragon images untouched.

Obviously, doing all that won't make Hollies pop up in the AP any more frequently than they already do, but it'll help the AP load much MUCH faster, thus making things a bit easier than they would be if you let all that extra stuff load.

Good luck, hope I've helped a bit smile.gif

Thanks! I shall try this biggrin.gif

xd.png i just spent ten minutes trying to figure out where the refresh button is on my browser. lucky i wasn't trying to catch anything

In 2009 there were only 107 on scrolls (frozen and adult.) There have been two years of breeding since then, but also people have quit/burned their scrolls/released some, I'm sure.

Wow, didn't know there were actual stats. Thanks =)

So that means there are probably way less than 1000 eggs bred this year.... Good luck to all the fellow hunters!

i hope there'll be more Holly breeders smile.gif i'm gonna sleep now, good luck to everyone trying to get a holly eggs ^^ i'll check the new items tomorrow, wonder what they'll be? smile.gif

i so badly want just one holly egg~

Aw, right when I'm thinking that I should give up the hunt two Hollies pop right to taunt me further. Stinkin Hollies.

Your welcome smile.gif

Oh, I've also turned my proxy settings to not use proxies. I don't know why my interned was set to use a proxy in the first place, but once I switched it the pages seemed to load better... That may have just been a placebo effect though because I honestly have no idea how proxies work lol tongue.gif

@warriorjames: Ohhhh good catch. Glad I could help biggrin.gif

Edited by Elena

I'm having such conflicting emotions right now, haha.

-Ooh, Holly! Maybe I'll get it. :D

-FNBNFOGBVOIC HOLLY Y U NO ON MY SCROLL

-Oh, I'll see another one soon. :D

-There's on- DAMN IT STOP CATCHING MY HOLLIES RANDOM PEOPLE

-I know for sure I'll get one next time! >o<

-NOT AGAIN FUUUU- ah screw it, I'll just go bug people on the forums for one.

-...Maybe just a few more refreshes? :3

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Just missed a Holly, but got the Waterwalker that filled immediately its space. Looked at the lineage - Mother's name - "I'm so sorry" and the father's name - "Post Apocalyptic."

xd.png

biggrin.gif I just got my Holly! It's amazing how IOUs a year in waiting really can work out xd.png (I was unable to be present to catch the Holly they promised last year, and they wound up needing a Ribbon Dancer... so it worked out this time xd.png)

Just missed a Holly, but got the Waterwalker that filled immediately its space. Looked at the lineage - Mother's name - "I'm so sorry" and the father's name - "Post Apocalyptic."

xd.png

Lol, I bred that... situational irony.

Does anyone happen to have a Christmas x Christmas egg? I just want to see what's been successful so far. xd.png

Does anyone happen to have a Christmas x Christmas egg? I just want to see what's been successful so far. xd.png

Well, I just saw a 2nd gen Ribbon from Yulebuck x Ribbon.

what happened to the BBW christmas sprite?

My guess is it was changed so that people would stop asking to make it an alt.