TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Ya know. i think me getting that first holly was a fluke, and I won't get a second. I mean, every time I see one it goes something like:

*A WILD HOLLY APPEARS!*

*has a heart attack and falls over*

>.>

I went through to check on my Holiday dragon's offspring from last year/the year before... some of them didn't survive (My Snow Angel's SnowAngel Offspring are all gone, and I am sure I dropped 2 or three eggs last year.) and the ones that are alive are unnamed. :c Makes me feel guilty for not naming all my dragons yet.

Has anyone seen any hollies latley

yea i just saw two go by, i thought i clicked fast enough, but again i was slow....

Has anyone seen any hollies latley

I missed two just a few minutes ago, they're there, just flying really fast.

I love it when offspring get named, but I'm honestly just happy if they survive to adulthood and (possibly) breed next season =o My Marrows had a great streak, no dead eggs whatsoever! I guess the Christmas holidays make people more impatient or something.

The female black alt Christmas sprite. <3 Kinda looks a bit Halloweeny too with the tree, haha.

And for some reason, I thought of Gryffindor when I saw the thunders. Like, the candy cane and the combination of the colours made me think of that moment where Harry's outside in the snow with Hedwig on his arm or something. :P

@ above: Agreed! Though I'm kinda more pedantic about the name thing probably, lol. I don't like the look of codes on my dragons' pages. >< I was tres happy with Halloween. All my marrow offspring survived (obviously... what's the point in releasing/killing them? Hoard ALL the marrows!) and some even had babies so I, being the progeny page enthusiast I am, got to admire them from afar. :'D

Edited by Varekis

Managed to catch everything but a Holly, but that hasn't stopped me from spending the last hour and a half trying!

I am thinking next year I should save my red army's incubates to help the normal eggs stuck in the AP move along. And I wonder if it would be worth it at all to try to coordinate a holiday even-gen drop, etc. For those that like lineages. I think I did well teleporting some over in the even-gen thread. I thought about offering specific requests for breed pairings for them, but I scared myself off this year, I was afraid I'd get a refusal.

It also looks like the effort to warn people about fansite overuse has gotten through. Several of last years Christmas eggs I bred died and so did my valentine eggs. While I'd like to snag a holly, I can't watch the AP for long without checking on the eggies I handed out this year. So far, so good. whew!

I haven't seen a holly since 12:20 last night. I guess I just have really bad timing. XD

At least the AP has been awesome to me with the CB Purples! :3

Why are my eggs still sick!? They were only sick and unfogged for five and one minute! *freaks out and worries over eggs*

Starting hunting again, I have no page style and jave disabled in an attempt to make loading faster. Using Firefox, is there anything else that will help?

i just found out i won't get to be online for most of tomorrow, so that means i have about 30 minutes left to try to grab a holly egg... dry.gif

I havetn seen a holly i na few hrs but on the alure of neglected dragons there is a new holiday warning. I think that was one of their best ideas.

ive been visiting the stories every day on my work break but have never had time to check my wreath or play with it. i've got no ornaments by todays.

heres another hint ppl to help your eggs survive, do not and i do mean do not post your eggs on egg viewing sites, because its a holliday more ppl will be visiting the sites, which means many more views for your eggs, which means more of a chance of them getting sick, i havent posted any of my eggs on sites yet and not one is sick yet

Ok, with over 400 people in the abandoned area, that means you have at least a 1 in 400 chance of getting the egg you want.

Those are not good odds.

I got lucky, however. I SCORED A BRONZE!!

Lol, yesterday there were 900 people on the AP

Lol, yesterday there were 900 people on the AP

Oh, yeah. I stayed up late last night thinking maybe there'd be fewer people on.

How wrong was I!

I managed to catch a snow angel after an hour and then decided that I should probably just go to bed. xd.png