AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Fog them if they reached stage 2 is my guess. No views means no more growing.

Five kills, all disintegrations. Two (?) dodges. It was so late I can't recall. One disintegration was a xeno so I am not exactly chuffed about it. Ah well.

Not sure if the info was there... or I missed it... or I misunderstood it.. but I have a question.

Hatchlings.. there are new Zombie hatchlings sprites available for both the s1 and s2 stages.

s1 hatchlings should be easy.. hatch egg > fog > wait for death > revive during 'zombie time'

But what about s2's?

What's the best way to go about getting an s2 zombie hatchling?

I actually have more trouble getting stage ones. I collected zombie hatchlings because the old sprites were so cute.

I have only had ONE that failed to gender while fogged despite trying very hard to get very few views while hatching. (and only maybe a half dozen over three years of trying that didn't turn). I got my original ungendered by killing a frozen hatchling.

So, you shouldn't have any problem getting gendered zombie hatchlings.

I REALLY want a Wyrm Zombie so I only tried it on Xenowyrms.

Had numerous "avoids your attack" Wyrms! Pesky things!

Four Wyrms disintegrated while the fifth Wyrm (a S1 Hatchling) revived without turning.

I updated to get rid of the specific Halloween references. Hope everything still makes sense. xP

EDIT: I added back a timeline for those that still want to try specifically on Halloween. Feel free to double check my dates.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

- Question: Can I get a zombie dragon sometime other than Halloween?

I'm happy to say that the answer to this question has changed! biggrin.gif

I know success rate is pretty low but couldn't keep myself from trying anyways! Tried a xeno adult and hatchling, both died and failed to revive. Oh well, I am gonna try again when zombies are visible and if success rate is still pretty bad then I will wait for Halloween.

Tried my remaining 3 now that the zombies are visible

Silver - failed to be revived, body disintegrates

Blue stripe - failed to be revived, body disintegrates

Rock - failed to be revived, body disintegrates

I think the chances right now for zombie success are extremely low (if not close to non-existent), the only posts I've seen so far are people reporting 5/5 failures with mostly disintegration and occasional complete revival to old breed. On halloween, my success rate was around 60-70%.

I am going to put my experimentation on hold until I can see at least one zombie success, otherwise it's just waste of zombie fodder.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I actually have more trouble getting stage ones.  I collected zombie hatchlings because the old sprites were so cute. 

I have only had ONE that failed to gender while fogged despite trying very hard to get very few views while hatching.  (and only maybe a half dozen over three years of trying that didn't turn).  I got my original ungendered by killing a frozen hatchling. 

So, you shouldn't have any problem getting gendered zombie hatchlings.

This - most of my hatchie zombie fodder gendered while fogged, I had to fog the eggs until they were severe ER's and hatch them with as little views as possible to get them to starve as s1 hatchies. It's because the amount of views needed for gendering goes down as the time left goes down.

Excited to try my luck to get some more zombies - I'll wait until zombies are visible again, though laugh.gif

Edited by Ha-Ki

I think the chances right now for zombie success are extremely low (if not close to non-existent), the only posts I've seen so far are people reporting 5/5 failures with mostly disintegration and occasional complete revival to old breed. On halloween, my success rate was around 60-70%.

I am going to put my experimentation on hold until I can see at least one zombie success, otherwise it's just waste of zombie fodder.

That's actually a really high rate. I'd say over-all success on Halloween was closer to 30% because a lot of people every year do report 5/5 fails. as someone who fogged dozens of hatchlings the last few years, I can say my numbers were closer to my estimate.

There have been two successes reported in the News thread. smile.gif

I have some serious Long-Term Zombie Goals right now.

• Male/Female Adult of each variant.
  • Male/Female Hatchling of each variant.
  • Ungendered Hatchling of each variant.

-

• Male/Female Adult Vampires.
  • Male/Female Hatchling Vampires.
  • Ungedered Hatchling Vampire.

-

• Adult Unknown Gender.
  • S2 Hatchling Unknown Gender.
  • S1 Hatchling Unknown Gender.

-

• Massive army of Zombie Wyrms.

LongER-Term Goals:

• Male/Female Adult of every breed.
  • Male/Female Hatchling of every breed.
  • Ungendered Hatchling of every breed.

I know it'll take me like 10 years to complete my goal, but it will totally be worth it. xd.png

Any advice?

That's actually a really high rate.  I'd say over-all success on Halloween was closer to 30%  because a lot of people every year do report 5/5 fails.  as someone who fogged dozens of hatchlings the last few years,  I can say my numbers were closer to my estimate.

There have been two successes reported in the News thread. smile.gif

I guess I was lucky then. biggrin.gif Thank goodness! Yup saw those two later (after my last post) in zombie success stories but my turn is over for the moment since all of mine died.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Hey, I was wondering which sprite Dark Green dragons have when they're Undead?

I ask because I just discovered that Dorsal Dragons were not Western Dragons, as the wiki said. It seems like Dark Greens should be in the same position since they don't have true wings. Does anyone have confirmation on the species sub-type?

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

I ask because I just discovered that Dorsal Dragons were not Western Dragons, as the wiki said. It seems like Dark Greens should be in the same position since they don't have true wings. Does anyone have confirmation on the species sub-type?

It actually is based on the in-game Encyclopedia, not the Wiki. There are still a lot of things a bit off with the Encyclopedia, resulting in things having the wrong zombie sprite--however, both Dark Green and Dorsals should be wingless, since Dorsals' wings aren't true wings but vestigial, I believe, and Dark Greens have no wings. On the subject of confusing sprites, Terraes are also supposed to be wingless, despite the male having wings. /shrug.

But yeah, a good example of what I'm talking about is that Sunsong Amphiptere aren't currently Amphipteres in the Encyclopedia, so if any are turned they'll end up being just normal zombies with wings, which I think is the default? My apologies if I'm wrong about that.

There are only two Amphipteres in the Encyclopedia right now, as far as I've seen, if people were trying to get that zombie--Blunas and Skywings. Good luck!

Edited by silver_chan

dark greens are indeed wingless: http://dragcave.net/view/IupYG Only a hatchling, my adult vine died.

It actually is based on the in-game Encyclopedia, not the Wiki. There are still a lot of things a bit off with the Encyclopedia, resulting in things having the wrong zombie sprite--however, both Dark Green and Dorsals should be wingless, since Dorsals' wings aren't true wings but vestigial, I believe, and Dark Greens have no wings. On the subject of confusing sprites, Terraes are also supposed to be wingless, despite the male having wings. /shrug.

But yeah, a good example of what I'm talking about is that Sunsong Amphiptere aren't currently Amphipteres in the Encyclopedia, so if any are turned they'll end up being just normal zombies with wings, which I think is the default? My apologies if I'm wrong about that.

Terraes have extreme dimorphism but are still the same breed. Just like enraged/pacified aegis have to breed the same avatars types/should breed the same stripe colors, the terraes have to be classified as the same type. At least with the encyclopedia/classification scheme set up as it currently is (which is at least currently working).

Sunsongs and a few others aren't under the correct classification, but they have been reported. When zombies were first released, TJ was quick to update breeds that users reported to me and I reported to him, but that's slowed. Hopefully they will eventually get fixed though. (It does make finding undead amphipteres difficult!)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

There are only two Amphipteres in the Encyclopedia right now, as far as I've seen, if people were trying to get that zombie--Blusangs and Skywings. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I know I can't expect the Wiki to have it all right, but it's what I have to go on. I legitimately can't see where in the Encyclopedia page for a dragon it states its type. I mean, it's obvious when the dragon's type is in the name, but so few are like that. Aren't Blusangs wyverns? D:

Thanks everyone for the info!

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

Aren't Blusangs wyverns? D:

According to their description, Blusangs are Lindwurms. I'm not sure if that's a sub-type of Amphiptere or its own type. I think Wyverns have only hind legs, Blusangs have only front legs.

Edited by dustpuppy

-

[*]Male/Female Adult Vampires.

[*]Male/Female Hatchling Vampires.

[*]Ungedered Hatchling Vampire.

-

[*]Adult Unknown Gender.

[*]S2 Hatchling Unknown Gender.

[*]S1 Hatchling Unknown Gender.

Wait do vampires have their own zombie sprite? And what would count as ungendered? And would ungendered have their own zombie sprite?

Wait do vampires have their own zombie sprite? And what would count as ungendered? And would ungendered have their own zombie sprite?

From the second post:

- Question: What happens to vampires turned into zombies?

They will retain their sire/bitten information, but otherwise display the typical zombie information.

- Question: Can I create an ungendered adult/s2 hatchling zombie?

Yes, if you kill and successfully revive an ungendered neglected, cheese, or paper dragon as a zombie.

Zombies are the typical western sprite, they just have sire/bitten info on their page.

Ungendered have whatever morphology sprite is appropriate for whatever you killed, they just don't show a gender.

Thanks for the info. I know I can't expect the Wiki to have it all right, but it's what I have to go on. I legitimately can't see where in the Encyclopedia page for a dragon it states its type.

Type is right at the top, under the name. It's possible you haven't unlocked enough of the types you're looking at for it to appear. ^^

I tried to stab 5-6 different dragons in the past 5 minutes (12:15PM EST - 12:20 PM EST) however all of them successfully dodged. 2 Tinsels, 1 Purple, 1 Avatar, Forget the other 1-2 - Did anyone successfully kill a dragon today/tonight?

I am possibly wondering if the Zombie Formula maybe got some other special mix to it and certain nights it is easier/harder to kill and/or raise zombies

Edited by natayah

According to their description, Blusangs are Lindwurms. I'm not sure if that's a sub-type of Amphiptere or its own type. I think Wyverns have only hind legs, Blusangs have only front legs.

Righ, thanks for the clarification. I knew they weren't Western though.happy.gif

This is the zombie advice thread, so here's some advice - when you've been looking forward to your next zombie attempts, don't make the mistake I made of messing around on other sites and missing the DC night window. xd.png Now I have to wait another day. dry.gif

If anybody needs emotional advice regarding the "kill" action... I have decided the dragons in question are practicing to be actors in some Shakespeare-type play. They just pretend they're dying. (And then they hide behind a tombstone because it's fun.)

I know it's not "canon", but it helps. cool.gif