AlternateMew

Zombie advice

what breeds would count for the zombie wingless?

Anything in the encyclopedia listed as Dragon (wingless).

Ex. dorsal, vine

Exactly how many zombie sprites are there right now?

Eight adults. Two hatchies for each.

All mine but one ended up being the same sprite. And I usually have a massive fail anyway, but I am game to try again

So can we possibly link up to some of the new sprites, talk about which breeds get what, and consider listing the dates by which people need to start round 1 & round 2 of prep as well as how to get the hatchlings in place (since those are easier to kill by just letting them die vs taking kill slots)?

It appears that the OP hasn't been active on the forum for a few years and their scroll for at least a few months.

I'll work on doing some updates to the posts, but if another user wanted to remake this thread, that would be awesome. Just let me know. :3

So some people mentioned using 10 kill slots for one zombie year. Basically first 5 were used in beginning of window and next 5 were used on Halloween night (possibly close to when the window was about to end). Can anyone confirm feasibility of this and help me understand how to time my kills so that I can do the same?

Please post here or PM me, many thanks!

I'll work on doing some updates to the posts, but if another user wanted to remake this thread, that would be awesome. Just let me know. :3

First post updated!

I decided on deleting the entire misc section since most of it was redundant. I've pasted the non-redundant information below. Is it stuff you all would be interested seeing added to the FAQ?

- Dinos do not have a revive option.

- You stab and eat chickens, so no reviving them.

- Zombie hatchies do not appear in the parent's progeny.

- Zombie parents are not linked on the offspring's view page, but can be clicked on from its lineage page.

- Zombie Vampires do not show sires.

If so, I'd really like to get confirmation on all of this stuff. Can anybody confirm?

and consider listing the dates by which people need to start round 1 & round 2 of prep as well as how to get the hatchlings in place (since those are easier to kill by just letting them die vs taking kill slots)?

As far as I understand your question, all of this was already available in the second post. Hopefully it's more clear now?

So some people mentioned using 10 kill slots for one zombie year. Basically first 5 were used in beginning of window and next 5 were used on Halloween night (possibly close to when the window was about to end). Can anyone confirm feasibility of this and help me understand how to time my kills so that I can do the same?

The dates you need to do this were actually already in the second post, but hopefully they're more clear now?

You need to kill your first round of zombie fodder on October 17th. That is two weeks before Halloween. Kill slots cooldown is two weeks to midnight of the day you used them rather than the minute you used them (unless this has been changed recently)?

I can confirm trying for 10 zombie adults last year with this method. You can see a bunch of us killing adults on the 17th last year in this thread for more confirmation. ^^

^^^ I feel like my wording/explanation of kill slots is confusing. Anybody have a better explanation?

You need to kill your first round of zombie fodder on October 17th. That is two weeks before Halloween. Kill slots cooldown is two weeks to midnight of the day you used them rather than the minute you used them (unless this has been changed recently)?

As far as I know, it is the same as every other site cool down and is to the minute. Kill 5 dragons (usually adults) on the Morning of the 17th. On the 31st attempt to revive them early in the day. Then after the time you killed two weeks ago kill 5 more.

Example: on the 17th you kill 5 dragons at 10am cave time. You have until 10 am cave time on the 31st to revive. AFTER 10 am your kill slots will come back and you can kill 5 more.

Don't kill hatchlings because you can collect them all month and just fog them after hatchling. As long as they die ON or after the 17th they can be revived on Halloween.

If so, I'd really like to get confirmation on all of this stuff. Can anybody confirm?

- Dinos do not have a revive option. Can't check this one as I don't collect dinos.

- You stab and eat chickens, so no reviving them. True, there are screenshots of the message floating around somewhere.

- Zombie hatchies do not appear in the parent's progeny. Used to be true. They now show when Zombies are visible. http://dragcave.net/view/0pSsq

- Zombie parents are not linked on the offspring's view page, but can be clicked on from its lineage page. True: this dragon has a zombie father: http://dragcave.net/view/7ST6

- Zombie Vampires do not show sires. No idea, never turned a vamp.

I am not so smart with timelines and stuff.. can anyone help me create a timeline picture representation of when to grab egg, hath, fog, and kill zombie?

Something like

5th-----------14th--------------22nd

Get egg Kill egg

Maybe, I will apologize before hand if this post is against the rules, simply send me a message and I will delete or edit it xd.png

Sincerely,

Yuki

As far as I know, it is the same as every other site cool down and is to the minute.  Kill 5 dragons (usually adults) on the Morning of the 17th.  On the 31st attempt to revive them early in the day.  Then after the time you killed two weeks ago kill 5 more. 

Example: on the 17th you kill 5 dragons at 10am cave time.  You have until 10 am cave time on the 31st to revive.  AFTER 10 am your kill slots will come back and you can kill 5 more. 

- Dinos do not have a revive option.  Can't check this one as I don't collect dinos.

- You stab and eat chickens, so no reviving them.  True, there are screenshots of the message floating around somewhere.

- Zombie hatchies do not appear in the parent's progeny.  Used to be true.  They now show when Zombies are visible. http://dragcave.net/view/0pSsq

- Zombie parents are not linked on the offspring's view page, but can be clicked on from its lineage page. True: this dragon has a zombie father: http://dragcave.net/view/7ST6

- Zombie Vampires do not show sires.  No idea, never turned a vamp.

That's why I'm looking for recent confirmations. The site has gone through a bunch of changes, and sometimes in these the smaller things get lost or changed, so I wanna make sure they still stand. o.o

Thanks for correcting the lineage stuff. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I am not so smart with timelines and stuff.. can anyone help me create a timeline picture representation of when to grab egg, hath, fog, and kill zombie?

Something like

5th-----------14th--------------22nd

Get egg Kill egg

Maybe, I will apologize before hand if this post is against the rules, simply send me a message and I will delete or edit it xd.png

Sincerely,

Yuki

When to start catching eggs depends on whether you are breeding them, catching in cave, or hunting the AP. If the last option it would depend on what the time of the eggs are at the time of hunting. Whether or not you intend to incubate and have enough reds to do so is also a factor.

It takes a week to die in the fog so 7day hatchlings from the 11th forward will die in the right time period. how soon to start counting for eggs changes based on all the above factors. Likewise, any eggs that hatch AFTER the 24th will not run out of time in the fog before Halloween is over.

You can also offer trades for low time hatchlings. Forty-two offers trades for months ahead of time each year for sets of really low time hatchlings so s/he can collect them just in time to die. Which is probably why they have the largest zombie collection on the site.

Do NOT kill eggs. there is no zombie egg. and eggs do not have a revive ability. In my post above yours I detailed a timeline for kill slots. Use kills for adults. starve hatchlings in the fog. smile.gif

-Zombie Vampires show sires.

Yep. Not mine, but proof. I was browsing somebody else's scroll and spied this.

Thanks. :3

~

Fixed that and the kill slot cooldown information in the OPs.

Did not add the lineage/progeny information as it now behaves normally rather than being confusing, so I don't see a point to adding it.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Wait, you can make a zombie out of something that was already undead?

Like you killed a vampire just to make a zombie. Zombie vampires.

Why would that ever be a good idea??

Anyway, this is an interesting thread. Good information here.

- [b]Save your kill slots for adult zombies. There are other ways to kill hatchlings to get hatchling zombies.[b] The 100%-guaranteed-to-kill-your-hatchling methods is to [b]fog[/b] your hatchling and let its timer run out. The fogball will automatically turn into a tombstone when the dragon dies. The second way to kill a hatchling without using the kill action is to attempt viewbombing it, described in further detail below.

I think some BBcode broke or got messed up here.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Zombie update: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175727

Zombies Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

!!!

Ya'll lemme know if you succeed first, then I'll try. =p

(I'll update the first post tomorrow. I'm pretty wiped tonight.)

I killed a Gemshard and a Magma. Both disintegrates.

A Two-headed Lindwurm, a Blusand, another Gemshard, a Gold Wywern, a Nexus and a Pyro Xeno all avoid my attack blink.gif

I tried Leviathans and Eastern's. All disintegrated. A few Eastern's dodged me.

I tried sunsongs, tidals, xenos and gemshards. All of them disintegrated, also I noticed that 90% of the dragons that avoided an attack were lineaged ones.

Four disintegrated, one revived (as previous breed). Oh well.

Tried a CB Red. Disintegrated. I wonder if anyone can actually do this, even tho TJ now says we can.

I will attempt my first revival for Undeads when Zombies are visible so just waiting until Zombietime. Because the Bossman pointed out the changes will be higher if Zombies are visible and i assume on Halloween even higher as usual. wink.gif

By the way only one of my lineage dragons that i don't want to have on my scroll as Alt Dark Green and can only tolerate as Zombies dodged the blade. My plan was to wait until Halloween but now i don't have to.

I will let you know what happens.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Not sure if the info was there... or I missed it... or I misunderstood it.. but I have a question.

Hatchlings.. there are new Zombie hatchlings sprites available for both the s1 and s2 stages.

s1 hatchlings should be easy.. hatch egg > fog > wait for death > revive during 'zombie time'

But what about s2's?

What's the best way to go about getting an s2 zombie hatchling?

I think the best way for S2s is either to let them gender like normal or to fail to viewbomb them, then fog them till they're dead. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Not sure if the info was there... or I missed it... or I misunderstood it.. but I have a question.

Hatchlings.. there are new Zombie hatchlings sprites available for both the s1 and s2 stages.

s1 hatchlings should be easy.. hatch egg > fog > wait for death > revive during 'zombie time'

But what about s2's?

What's the best way to go about getting an s2 zombie hatchling?

I have S2 zombies made using this method, it's same for both. Hatch then fog until death. For S2 hatch and gender then fog, doesn't really matter when you fog as long as you do it before they hit the 4Day mark.

---

I know success rate is pretty low but couldn't keep myself from trying anyways! Tried a xeno adult and hatchling, both died and failed to revive. Oh well, I am gonna try again when zombies are visible and if success rate is still pretty bad then I will wait for Halloween.