AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Wait I'm not sure if I missed it or something...but will my fogged hatchlings die and take up one kill slot? O.o no right?

No, you can have as many fogged hatchies as you like and they won't take up your kill slots, as long as they die themselves. :3

No, you can have as many fogged hatchies as you like and they won't take up your kill slots, as long as they die themselves. :3

Oh phew. xd.png Die hatchlings die!!! Ahem. Excuse me.....*flees*

Thanks for letting me know!! ;D

Well, I know it sounds stupid and pointless, but I noticed something. Are some breeds easier to kill than oers or what? It took me 20+ Kill attempts to kill Blacks, Flamingoes and some of the more "agressive" breeds, while Pinks went down with 1-3 attempts.Coincidence?

Edited by Hazel360

Well, I know it sounds stupid and pointless, but I noticed something. Are some breeds easier to kill than oers or what? It took me 20+ Kill attempts to kill Blacks, Flamingoes and some of the more "agressive" breeds. Coincidence?

I personally think it was just bad luck. I killed a Black Tea, a Balloon, and a Grey in one attempt, but my Spitfire and Dorsal both dodged. And it really shouldn't take 20+ attempts; if a dragon dodges it will continue to do so until the next day. I've heard of one case where a dragon dodged something like three days in a row, but 20? Just wait a few hours. wink.gif

20+ ? Well, you have to wait more than "a few hours" once it dodges. You

have to wait till approx. midnight cavetime for the "reset" and then you can

try again. But once a day is all the chance you get, so that is why it is good

to have extra zombie fodder on hand.

And yes, some breeds seem to be more resistant.

I think the White Dragons that I'm trying to zombie are harder to kill. Maybe that's because they are 'Healer' dragons *shrugs* I did kill a Balloon easily however.

Mints are apparently good dodgers as well dry.gif . Got 2/5 Adults killed, and two sets of four fogballs waiting to die. They can gender fogged, can't they? The first set is down to 2 days and are genderless. I may have to unfog the second set to gender then refog, as I would like to try for gendered/ungendered hatchie undeads.

I had 5 messy Seasonals earmarked to die this Halloween, and so set off on my killing spree today - 3 of the 5 dodged. Really, guys? I'll get 'em tomorrow or the next day. >_>

On the bright side:

user posted image

FortyTwo: Thank you! *bows* This will probably be the extent of my Experiment Fodder, since Halloween breeding should start any day now and I have projects to collect. I might add one or two more, but we'll see.

Well, I just did something stupid. dry.gif

I was looking at my tombstone's actions to see what it said and I accidently clicked on Revive while moving the mouse up to go back to the front page of my scroll and the dragon disintegrated. I didn't want to revive it until Halloween. 'Scuse me while I cuss like a drunken sailor offline.

Mints are apparently good dodgers as well dry.gif . Got 2/5 Adults killed, and two sets of four fogballs waiting to die. They can gender fogged, can't they? The first set is down to 2 days and are genderless. I may have to unfog the second set to gender then refog, as I would like to try for gendered/ungendered hatchie undeads.

Mints are very good dodgers, or at least mine are. http://dragcave.net/lineage/UYQh

My mints died at the first attempt.

Edit: one of them, the other one died at the 2nd try.

Edited by Naughtrish

Hooray, after a quick AP snatch I now have two female hatchies waiting to die in their fog-balls. Hopefully this year my little Zombie boy will get a girlfriend.

Well, I'm a little stupid this afternoon. I decided to unfog one of my gendered hatchlings because I wanted to rename it, and I had a feeling it would grow up when I did. Sure enough, it did. And the best part? Her name was "I Knew This Would Happen".

Ah well, now I can go snatch 2 more eggs and hopefully end up with 5 gendered and 5 ungendered hatchlings for Halloween.

I wound up unfogging my second set so they'll gender and they're taking *forever*

Current stats:

1,555/270

1,591/272

1,511/277

1,814/283

They are truly being snots!

1,711/363

1,750/366

1,677/366

1,988/376

And none have gendered yet!

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I wound up unfogging my second set so they'll gender and they're taking *forever*

Current stats:

1,555/270

1,591/272

1,511/277

1,814/283

1,711/363

1,750/366

1,677/366

1,988/376

Hit 'em with an auto refresher?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Current stats:

1,555/270

1,591/272

1,511/277

1,814/283

1,711/363

1,750/366

1,677/366

1,988/376

Usually I've been waiting until they get to the last hour of time... but that can be risky... <.<

How many zombie fodders are you guys going for? I have 107 here, now. smile.gif

How many zombie fodders are you guys going for? I have 107 here, now. smile.gif

Errrrmmm.... 15...? xd.png

That's including four adults already killed, one adult that will be killed when I get my last kill slot back on the 25th and two adults that I hope to kill on the day once two of my kill slots are restored. The rest are hatchies. Might be more if I scoop any more CB hatchies from the AP, but the window for them dying at the right time is narrowing.

The brats finally gendered!!

Final stats:

1,944/424/65

1,971/428/64

1,863/424/58

2,152/418/53

They weren't low enough time to use an auto refresher, but I did put them in Yarolds and it seemed to help.

The three dodgers from yesterday weren't so lucky today, I've got 5 tombstones now, the first set of 4 ungendereds should die in about 27 hours, and the second gendered set should die sometime Sunday. I've been avoiding the cave and give-away threads (very difficult, but my other collecty game had a release so I've been consoling myself with that). I currently have no eggs and only ten hatchies so I'm in real good shape as my timezone is 3 hours behind DC so Halloween goodness should start 9 PM my time Thursday. Really looking forward to what they've come up with!

Ah-hah! I use Chrome as well, so I went and found one so I'll have it available for next time! Thanks for the tip!

Excuse me people, but I seem to remember the discussion that Auto-Refreshers

are not allowed on DC!

Has TJ changed his stance on this matter?

Excuse me people, but I seem to remember the discussion that Auto-Refreshers

are not allowed on DC!

Has TJ changed his stance on this matter?

For catching eggs, yes, they're not allowed. I don't think it matters for giving views though since some fansites have them and TJ hasn't said anything about it.

EDIT:

Also for people trying for ungendered hatchlings, be aware that different breeds probably gender more quickly than others if they have any relation to hatch and adult views. Terras and stones tend to be a bit more stubborn so you might be better off with them. If you want to be extra sure, any prize dragon or lumina would be a good choice.

Some other breeds can hatch or grow up with absurdly low views

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5mnmN

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I have a question, when a dragon becomes a zombie, can you see their lineage on their page? Or can you only see it if you type in lineage instead of view?

I have a question, when a dragon becomes a zombie, can you see their lineage on their page? Or can you only see it if you type in lineage instead of view?

Example of a Zombie Hatchling: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y2Zse Kinda sad since he doesn't show up in his parents' progeny anymore, but as you can see from his view page and from the link, you can see his lineage perfectly fine.