TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

All other holiday dragons, such as christmas ones, Valentines, there is a limit of two dragons per scroll. It is only on halloween that there isn't a limit. Also, since some users can catch more, they are also more willing to trade them.

Trading is fine. If you have anything to trade lol. Plus there is not so much satisfaction when you get your egg like that. I got mine gifted and very thankfull for that. It's sooo nice people like to share. But then - all us slow internet users lost the chilli rush of egg HUNTING - it's not difficult to grab one (this would be fun) - it's bloody impossible.

I don't mean you should have a general 2 per scroll limit but 2-3 per event - that would make it possible to everyone or at least most have a slithest chance in the cave

Trading is fine. If you have anything to trade lol. Plus there is not so much satisfaction when you get your egg like that. I got mine gifted and very thankfull for that. It's sooo nice people like to share. But then - all us slow internet users lost the chilli rush of egg HUNTING - it's not difficult to grab one (this would be fun) - it's bloody impossible.

I don't mean you should have a general 2 per scroll limit but 2-3 per event - that would make it possible to everyone or at least most have a slithest chance in the cave

agreed i maneged to get 1 in trading but i want 2 (1 male 1 female)

Mr. Dude should keep everything and if his ghost eggs gender wrong, just trade one of them for the opposite gender hatchling. Many people should have them to trade. :-)

As an adult who has to go to work and can only afford a very slow computer, I agree that there should be limits even for Halloween. I can't even SEE the eggs because the other users are so fast to grab them.

Well, managed to get myself a ghostie, a pumpking and a marrow egg. Will have to wait till next year for the zombie though! Good luck to anyone still hunting for eggs and happy halloween everyone! laugh.gif

At 3-5 after top of hour ALL the biomes are full of new eggs...if you are clicking,yes,they will either disapear if you miss egg(or give eggs code)but my pc doesnt even move themuntil I start clicking in the biomes..and i go from one biome to another, dont stay in SAME one..just sit in biome area from top of hour 7 click on the biomes until the eggs start dropping,you might even get one accidentally that way(before others are dropped)GOOD LUCK!

Rockin' On

WHY do they ALWAYS get SICK??!! 5/6 of mine are sick.

Just wait 24 hours to put them in any click sites. Simple.

I never post any eggs before they are down to 6 days 12 hours, and new releases especially events, I wait until they are at least one day old.

Just wait 24 hours to put them in any click sites. Simple.

I never post any eggs before they are down to 6 days 12 hours, and new releases especially events, I wait until they are at least one day old.

Wish I knew that before... These are my first event eggs that I got on the actual day, and all of them are sick! XP I guess either they're super sensitive or the click sites are booming today...

I hope they get better soon! sleep.gif

I LOVE these dragons!  Even if I don't know what they look like as adults yet.  Which brings me to a huge problem.

I don't have my bronze trophy yet, so I can only get four eggs.  I have two new Halloween eggs, a Marrow, and a Pumpkin.  I also have two Pumpkin hatchies and one Marrow hatchie.  I LOVE the Marrows and want to keep the Marrow egg.  I want just one more new egg to ensure that I can breed them next year (I only have a female Pink).  So logic says to dump the Pumpkin egg.  Here's my problem.

The Pumpkin egg is a second-gen Thuwed.

I need some advice.  Do I dump the rarest egg I've ever gotten (the Pumpkin), or do I dump the Marrow egg and wait for next year?  I can barely wait in line for the bathroom, yet alone suffer for a year so I could once again get one of my favorite dragons.  Or do I just stick with two new Halloween dragons and keep both the Marrow and the Pumpkin?  But that would risk getting two of the same gender and I won't be able to breed them in the future.  Not only that, but this is my first holiday release here, so I want to get some more caveborn holiday dragons.  But I can't without releasing one of my eggs.  AAAHH!  Does anyone have any advice for me?

Oh, and for those who have trouble getting the eggs, don't check the biomes on the hour.  That's when the most people are online because that's when the most eggs are given out at once.  But at five minute intervals (when the cave time ends in a five or a zero), each biome releases three eggs.  There are less people on, and all you have to do is refresh at the right time and click the egg as soon as your screen loads.  I've had plenty of success that way.  It seems as if there are less eggs, and there are.  But it's much easier.  The veterans know to check the cave on the hour.  At the five minute intervals, you're more likely to be up against newer, slower players.  The result?  Happiness for you. biggrin.gif

What ever you do......Do not dump the Thuwed!!!! lolz

I think you could try to put an IOU in trade?

A lot of people who like thuweds would like offspring of the one you have. So maybe you could ask for a hatchie of the new halloween dragon for a promis (IOU) for an egg of the thuwed? Just an idea ;-)

Edited by Miryana

I released a cracked 6d 11h CB Ridgewing with 2,000+ views to make room for one more egg in case one genders wrong. If they gender right (1 male, 1 female) then I'll probably freeze it, seeing as the S2 look the same for both genders.

Watch all three gender one way... dry.gif

~Removed~

You still have 7 more hourly drops and *Edit* just did the math, 211 five min drops to catch an egg. That's 281 chances to catch an egg. If you can't manage that by midnight, you can check out the Holiday trading forum or ask around. Many players are generous with Halloween eggs seeing as there is no limit to how many you can catch.

If all else fails, there's always next year! smile.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Removed~

My recommendation- Bookmark/favorite bar one of the caves so you can return quickly if you don't get the egg. Also, DO NOT put your egg into a hatchery until about 6 days or so. They will get sick (as I learned the hard way, rolleyes.gif)! The hourly drop is in about ten minutes, so get ready!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I released a cracked 6d 11h CB Ridgewing with 2,000+ views to make room for one more egg in case one genders wrong. If they gender right (1 male, 1 female) then I'll probably freeze it, seeing as the S2 look the same for both genders.

Watch all three gender one way... dry.gif

All four of my marrows from last year gendered female. Got some males this year, but will never have a CB male marrow. ;_; Plan on influencing some of the new eggs.

Of course, this year I have to actually catch some in order to influence them..... something I am thoroughly failing at so far. D;

Only 7 more hourly drops to even attempt, provided I make it to all of them.... v.v;

Edited by Sif

As an adult who has to go to work and can only afford a very slow computer, I agree that there should be limits even for Halloween. I can't even SEE the eggs because the other users are so fast to grab them.

There are MANY dropping. Christmas is just like this, even with limits.

I think increasing the number of eggs dropped during the 5 minute drops would be a better solution - more people would be able to pick up eggs in between the hourly drops, easing the pressure during those drops. Plus it would liven up the game a bit - right now it's mostly waiting for :00 and clicking like crazy for 1-3 minutes and then waiting again.

There are MANY dropping. Christmas is just like this, even with limits.

I wouldn't say that. I remember especially on the snow angel release how many were complaining about the flood of eggs no one could grab because they reached their limit. Now yes, on the first day, I would say it is more like this, as more people are online.