TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

In my opinion there should be a limit on grabing them. Otherwise we have all those with faster internet and more egg spots and the rest can only dream about even trying. I SAW maybe 10 eggs in total in the cave. If not for a nice user I would not be able to have even this one I do. But where's nthe fun in that? When you have to ask others straight away without even a chance to get them yourself?

Aha, seems like public complaining worked! I managed to grab four more eggs and lock up my scroll. Just in time too, it's really late here.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Haha I think I just missed a tinsel for blocking myself with a 2011 halloween egg that I'll probably give away anyway. Oh well, you lose some and win some laugh.gif

I noticed a large drop of marrows and pumpkins just after the 5:00 release too. blink.gif

I think I've decided to just keep my 7 and stay out of the cave. Don't want to be ninja'd in giving new eggs to people with crap connections, so I'll just do my part by staying away for now. <>.<>

I LOVE these dragons! Even if I don't know what they look like as adults yet. Which brings me to a huge problem.

I don't have my bronze trophy yet, so I can only get four eggs. I have two new Halloween eggs, a Marrow, and a Pumpkin. I also have two Pumpkin hatchies and one Marrow hatchie. I LOVE the Marrows and want to keep the Marrow egg. I want just one more new egg to ensure that I can breed them next year (I only have a female Pink). So logic says to dump the Pumpkin egg. Here's my problem.

The Pumpkin egg is a second-gen Thuwed.

I need some advice. Do I dump the rarest egg I've ever gotten (the Pumpkin), or do I dump the Marrow egg and wait for next year? I can barely wait in line for the bathroom, yet alone suffer for a year so I could once again get one of my favorite dragons. Or do I just stick with two new Halloween dragons and keep both the Marrow and the Pumpkin? But that would risk getting two of the same gender and I won't be able to breed them in the future. Not only that, but this is my first holiday release here, so I want to get some more caveborn holiday dragons. But I can't without releasing one of my eggs. AAAHH! Does anyone have any advice for me?

Oh, and for those who have trouble getting the eggs, don't check the biomes on the hour. That's when the most people are online because that's when the most eggs are given out at once. But at five minute intervals (when the cave time ends in a five or a zero), each biome releases three eggs. There are less people on, and all you have to do is refresh at the right time and click the egg as soon as your screen loads. I've had plenty of success that way. It seems as if there are less eggs, and there are. But it's much easier. The veterans know to check the cave on the hour. At the five minute intervals, you're more likely to be up against newer, slower players. The result? Happiness for you. biggrin.gif

Edited by Mr. Dude

In my opinion there should be a limit on grabing them. Otherwise we have all those with faster internet and more egg spots and the rest can only dream about even trying. I SAW maybe 10 eggs in total in the cave. If not for a nice user I would not be able to have even this one I do. But where's nthe fun in that? When you have to ask others straight away without even a chance to get them yourself?

All other holiday dragons, such as christmas ones, Valentines, there is a limit of two dragons per scroll. It is only on halloween that there isn't a limit. Also, since some users can catch more, they are also more willing to trade them.

Wow! I saw the first ghost eggs! And I couldn't get any. And it's 11pm here. Time to go to bed... :|

I'm somewhat disappointed, I have never had any problems catching event eggs before the different biomes. Although I like the biomes, now it just... hey, maybe I'm just complaining because of nothing. You can't get everything, always. I just have to accept this. *sigh*

This is my first time being online for a holiday egg drop, and it's been a bit of a bummer due to my slow internet. sad.gif I'm hoping that my luck will take a turn for the better soon.

Thanks to IvoryRaven15 for giving me an egg! :3

Edited by Windnose

It worked! I snagged three eggs, plus one was gifted to me, so now I'm egg locked. Course, I didn't get any marrows or pumpkins (well, I did, but I threw them back because they didn't have nice lineages tongue.gif). I'm too picky for my own good. Still, if anyone wants to trade...

Also how do you block the ads in firefox? just for holiday events, i want to know.

Go up to the menu at the top - click TOOLS - click Options uncheck Able java Script.

These hatchies look quite mysterious and nice! I'm already interested in how the adults will look like.

My 7 eggs are now waiting, and waiting to hatch.

Happy Halloween everyone! velociraptor.png

I LOVE these dragons! Even if I don't know what they look like as adults yet. Which brings me to a huge problem.

I don't have my bronze trophy yet, so I can only get four eggs. I have two new Halloween eggs, a Marrow, and a Pumpkin. I also have two Pumpkin hatchies and one Marrow hatchie. I LOVE the Marrows and want to keep the Marrow egg. I want just one more new egg to ensure that I can breed them next year (I only have a female Pink). So logic says to dump the Pumpkin egg. Here's my problem.

I need some advice. Do I dump the rarest egg I've ever gotten (the Pumpkin), or do I dump the Marrow egg and wait for next year? I can barely wait in line for the bathroom, yet alone suffer for a year so I could once again get one of my favorite dragons. Or do I just stick with two new Halloween dragons and keep both the Marrow and the Pumpkin? But that would risk getting two of the same gender and I won't be able to breed them in the future. Not only that, but this is my first holiday release here, so I want to get some more caveborn holiday dragons. But I can't without releasing one of my eggs. AAAHH! Does anyone have any advice for me?

I'm in the same position. I say keep what you have, and then if both your Halloweens gender the same, look to trade hatchlings with someone in the Gender Swap thread of the Trading forum. I can guarantee there'll be others who need to exchange.

None for me this year so I just get them next year. Working + forgetting the hourly drop when I'm home = not enough hours on a day.

I do have one egg, but I feel sorry for people who are unable to get any. I think there should be more drops -- some drops have been 15 minutes, not hourly. We can't get to the pc every hour on the hour, specially on holiday times.

Also how do you block the ads in firefox? just for holiday events, i want to know.

On my version of Firefox, you go to the orange bar that says "Firefox" in the upper left --> click Options --> click Content --> uncheck the box next to "Enable JavaScript.

It makes a HUGE difference.

Good luck with your egg-hunting!

I just tried what others have hinted at for their success: Turn images and Java off, click between the biomes, and middleclick the rightmost egg (or where it would be, were images on) - even while the page is still loading. You'll open a ton of unnecessary pages in the process, but it's effective. At the 4:00 drop I snagged four eggs of my very own. <3 Four is my favorite number. Coincidence, perhaps. wink.gif

I've got the max amount of eggs I can have now, which I honestly thought wouldn't happen during this event when it first started.

So if you're still having trouble and haven't tried doing the above, I highly suggest it. If I, with my nearly 8-year-old computer and crappy internet can do it, so can you! /motavation

Gah, the sprites are lovely; I can't wait to see the adults!

I abandoned a CB Flamingo JUST to have room on my scroll for one of these Holiday eggs! Risky, yes! (Hope it finds a good home; I took it thinking it would be a pink). Don't have my bronze trophy until the other 3 hatch, but that won't be til tomorrow and later.

And I just snagged one to lock my scroll back up! Would like to have more, but them's the breaks. Got 2 Marrows and 2 pumpkins so I guess I gotta be satisfied with what I was able to get.

Ok I take back what I typed earlier, I managed to get two eggs in the 2:00 drop (well 2:00 in my time zone) and three eggs in the 3:00 drop, add that to the two I caught last night and that makes me scroll locked. Now I'll stay away from the cave so that the rest of you can grab your eggs, good luck and I hope you all have/had a Happy Halloween!

What biome are these found in?

All of them.

Oh, and for those who have trouble getting the eggs, don't check the biomes on the hour. That's when the most people are online because that's when the most eggs are given out at once. But at five minute intervals (when the cave time ends in a five or a zero), each biome releases three eggs. There are less people on, and all you have to do is refresh at the right time and click the egg as soon as your screen loads. I've had plenty of success that way. It seems as if there are less eggs, and there are. But it's much easier. The veterans know to check the cave on the hour. At the five minute intervals, you're more likely to be up against newer, slower players. The result? Happiness for you. biggrin.gif

Whatever you decide, do not drop the Pumpkin egg, it's really precious. smile.gif

And ahh, love the new dragons so far, thank you artists! <3