Peralta

ANSWERED:Sort by Tabs

How about tabs, like in the example below:

user posted image

By clicking on 'Edit Tabs', you go to a page with a list of your current tabs, the options to delete an existing tab, edit one or to add a new tab.

When clicking on add a new tab or edit an existing tab, you get this screen:

user posted image

I think this would allow the players to organize their scroll a bit more efficient, and it would certainly come out handy for people with 100+ dragons on their scroll.

I mean, I only have 70 or something, and I even think that's chaos :s

YES!!! Me likey very much! *puppy eyes* do want!

This would be soooooooooo useful. I could keep my We Didn't Start the Fire dragons separate from my It's the End of the World as We Know It dragons.

I mean, yeah, you're able to do all that just by stacking them all on top of each other, but it would be nicer with tabs.

This would be soooooooooo useful. I could keep my We Didn't Start the Fire dragons separate from my It's the End of the World as We Know It dragons.

I mean, yeah, you're able to do all that just by stacking them all on top of each other, but it would be nicer with tabs.

Well, this works as long as you have a limited amount of dragons on your scroll...

As soon as you have about 100 of them and up, it becomes quite impossible to keep it organized...

I like this. However, there'd have to be a way to sort through the dragons to sort out the dragons, especially for people with insanely long scrolls. Maybe one could use a feature that allowed for them to go to viewing only a certain breed and/or gender. Maybe there could be a feature that alphabetized and reverse alphabetized the dragon's names, although it probably would not help for people that cannot recognize the names of many of their dragons.

Actually, speaking as someone who has 303 dragons, I keep mine pretty well organized. My namesake at top (code ssIF) followed by holidays, then rares, then set dragons(seasonal/striped/dorsal), followed by commons with newest releases at the top, original core dragons at the bottom, and then the extraneous dragons at the very bottom.

Within each breed, males first, then females, then hatchlings, also in order of male then female.

It works for me.

But then, I'm a collector. Did aim for 2M / 2F / H of each breed, now I'm aiming for 3M / 3F / MH / FH of each breed. Because I started getting low on commons to collect.

^^

Actually, speaking as someone who has 303 dragons, I keep mine pretty well organized. My namesake at top (code ssIF) followed by holidays, then rares, then set dragons(seasonal/striped/dorsal), followed by commons with newest releases at the top, original core dragons at the bottom, and then the extraneous dragons at the very bottom.

Within each breed, males first, then females, then hatchlings, also in order of male then female.

It works for me.

But then, I'm a collector. Did aim for 2M / 2F / H of each breed, now I'm aiming for 3M / 3F / MH / FH of each breed. Because I started getting low on commons to collect.

^^

For Breeders or Lineage players, those options aren't really sufficient wink.gif

I have about 70 dragons, in about 3 or 4 Lineages (Datamonster Survivors, Tempest, Alpha [personal], ...), and sometimes it takes a while for me to choose possible mates for them, as I like to prevent inbreeding wink.gif

It works for me.

^^

I do something similar, but I have certain pairs set up from my original bunch from back when, and for my new ones, I have certain groups set up for certain breedings to ensure I get what I want. I also like to avoid unproductive inbreeding. If they are about 6 or 7 generations removed, it no longer matters to me, and if it is to produce a certain lineage, or lineage effect, that is beneficial. It all depends on how people breed, and how many dragons they have. Some people have scrolls with too many to bother counting, and the pages take forever to load, etc.

My point exactly...

Or maybe an overview page would come in handy, with all dragons tiled, in stead of one huge list with all that info (like page views and click counts)

Just smaller version images with names and gender should suffice to get it all a bit more organized

Also, if we ever get to keep eggs on our scrolls, I'd have a handy tab for them! This would also get me to collect more dragons!

The main reason for me to not get anymore is because of my scroll goal and looks. I really just want one male. Female and frozen hatchling from each breed. This way I could hide all my extras with tab links! That would be awesome!

Oh, TJ please DO implement this! Please, please, please!

ETA: You will see some exceptions on my scroll. Silvers and Split dragon. Both follow the same pattern though to keep things balanced. I got them before the "release" option wa simplemented and the only way you could get an adult off your scroll was by killing it. I didn't want to do that. By the time TJ implemented "release" I was too attatche dot them to part from them.

Being able to use tabs like this will seriously change the way I play Dragoncave. I would definitely collect more commons.

Edited by n00biito

Keeping eggs won't be implemented I guess, since it would change the way DC is played just a bit too much...

But yeah, sorting options like these WOULD encourage people to breed more commons.

and I'm not entirely sure, but I suspectit wouldn't take a lot of coding either, so all positive consequences smile.gif

I am so for this!

I custom sort by breed. The breeds are in chronological order, of when I got my first dragon of that breed. Within the breed, they are in chronological order as well. But I'd really like to be able to do is separate my Elementals from those not eligible for that lineage, keep my Seasonal Lineage dragons together, and have a place to put my inbreds. Love love love the tab idea!

This is a good idea. Alternatively, it could be changed so that when you custom sort, it doesn't undo your dragons autosorting into whatever you had them previously set as- I have pinks with a name sequence, and I'd like for them to be in order, but it's way too much trouble to put all of my dragons in order manually. And I don't even have that many!

...I'm not sure I understand. Is this like the suggestion to have multiple "pages" to each scroll, to shrink the number on a single page? Admittedly, I think having labeled 'tabs' this way is better than 'page 1,' 'page 2,' 'page 3'... but it's been suggested more than once before.

Correct me if I'm totally off here.

...I'm not sure I understand. Is this like the suggestion to have multiple "pages" to each scroll, to shrink the number on a single page? Admittedly, I think having labeled 'tabs' this way is better than 'page 1,' 'page 2,' 'page 3'... but it's been suggested more than once before.

Correct me if I'm totally off here.

Haven't seen the suggestion before, and you're the first one to bring it up, but it's possible this has been suggested before.

And you could edit the tab, take a look at the OP wink.gif

I would love this.

I keep mine organised...but its in a way that wouldn't make particular sense to anyone else. Eggs/hatchies at the top, then my legion of frozens. Next, the cave leaders, the army of black warriors, then rares/holidays, the dorkfaces, then everything else.

It would be nice to tab and lable things to explain to others.

Not only that but as we get more and more dragons, we can leave out unecessary clutter and just show off what we really want to.

This would make loading pages a lot faster and efficient. I could hide my extras this way and keep breeding partner tabs etc.

It would be nice that each tab could have its own sorting options as well. This is truly a great idea.

I think this is brilliant!

I had always wanted to suggest this, but I was afraid of people shooting it down.

As I had posted in the original thread discussing this

I would like to chime in my support. I realize it's a bit like necroing but I would like to put forth my experience from other sites, where I have 1000+ pets and sorting everytime causes pc lag and site lag because of the javascript that needs to be loaded. Of course, if you rather wait until people start getting the javascript error asking would you like to abort this script because blah blah while sorting their scroll, you're welcome to do so. I realize I can allievate this with legacy sort combined with drag and drop, But I like being able to fine tune my scroll.
Edited by bluebell_rose

I would love this!

I only have 210 dragons, but it's already taking a while for my scroll to load. If I could have tabs, it could load in sections.

I already organize my scroll by lineages and such, but this would give me a lot more flexibility.

Thanks for suggesting.

TJ? Please consider this!!

I love this idea! It would make everything so much easier smile.gif Thumbs up from me biggrin.gif

Please! yes! let's have an option for separate pages we can organize as desired - some of us are beginning to worry about not being able to load our scrolls at all, as they grow...