DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^This.

I mean I can breed golds and silvers... not hollies and no NDs (tried.. never work- yet) and no one wants the golds and silvers unless CB...

I don't think things are that bleak. Several people in this thread who said the same thing as you ended up having various Tinsels, and nice ones too. Sure, it'll take time until Tinsels are easy to get but even now there are people who gift. :3

^This.

I mean I can breed golds and silvers... not hollies and no NDs (tried.. never work- yet) and no one wants the golds and silvers unless CB...

A friend of mine traded a bred silver for a very nice 5th gen bronze yesterday so it is possible. smile.gif

I have tons of lists and breeding promises and I do forget things pretty easily. I rely on reminders from those people I have promised things to to remember them. And my inbox gets full pretty often, so sometimes I delete a PM from someone who I promised something to and I completely forget about it. So, like I said, I rely on reminders from those people to remember. If you really want that egg that bad, you will remind me. If I haven't PMed you back about it, it means I forgot, not that I don't care or am not honest.  dry.gif

Pretty much, lol.

First, I'd like to say that if I owe anyone reading this a dragon, (not just Tinsels, most people on my Tinsel list don't know yet anyway) check in and make sure that you're not one of the people 'mislaid' in, now, several episodes of disappearance of most recently saved info in my Windows drafts, 2 back before that puter died, and currently also amid various weirdness-ess occurring on a borrowed puter with expanding 'issues'.

2nd: breeding sucks, and many people wondering if they've been forgotten probably haven't been.

The breeder is probably spending fruitless weeks/months begging dragons for eggs that just don't wanna appear.

In the endless interim, however, notes and memories ARE far more likely to slip through the cracks as time goes by.

3rd: people identified as winning CB Tinsels were probably (probably? lol) flooded with requests and it really wouldn't be surprising if some were lost by the wayside.

Or if some people simply weren't able to answer them all.

(Edit: got a couple of posters confused. *blushes*)

So, to people waiting for eggs, you might want to be aware that the breeder is very likely just as eager as the recipients to get gifting...

Don't know if that provides any reassurance, but I suspect that very few people would knowingly break a breeding promise made to someone.

Edited by Syphoneira

Seems to me they obviously don't care about getting a Tinsel enough to pick up their eggs on time...

Unless they have a decent reason for their missing their egg pickups (like RL issues), I'd say go to the next person on the list~

Okay thanks for the info

I have all three colors of tinsels now (and a bunch of outstanding IOUs for tinsels).

I'd really love a 2nd gen of gold and silver (like everyone else, I think ^^), but I think my chances are pretty low at this point, and it's really dispiriting to try. I know most of the people who have CB tinsels, but it'd be unconscionably rude to try to contact them without permission, so I end up posting again and again in the trade threads, unsure whether my posts are being seen, or whether the answer is just "no"... and yet, it'd be unreasonable to expect the CB owners to actually contact me to say "no". So I keep posting. I've more or less given up at this point, though -- maybe I'll try again in a few months.

And as soon as I took an IOU and started gifting, my tinsels decided to stop producing. Of course.

I don't know how DC's code knows that you're breeding to fulfill an IOU, but I am now 100% convinced that it does and deliberately lowers the success rate. (<-- this is a joke).

I don't know how DC's code knows that you're breeding to fulfill an IOU, but I am now 100% convinced that it does and deliberately lowers the success rate. (<-- this is a joke).

Joke or no, I'm actually starting to consider this as plausible. It seems like the moment you offer someone an IOU the dragons stop producing (Tinsels especially), even if they were breeding fine or generously before that point.

Joke or no, I'm actually starting to consider this as plausible. It seems like the moment you offer someone an IOU the dragons stop producing (Tinsels especially), even if they were breeding fine or generously before that point.

I found this too lol. Every tinsel bar the ones that I have given out an IOU for has given me a shiny at some point since I gave my first tinsel IOU :x And some of them were breeding pretty well before, as you said rolleyes.gif

XD For some of them that's true. /prods Polaris

Most of mine have been breeding okay so far, despite IOU and gifting lists, and I'm really grateful to my dragons for that, lol, I hope they continue producing for the people on my lists.

I have all three colors of tinsels now (and a bunch of outstanding IOUs for tinsels).

I'd really love a 2nd gen of gold and silver (like everyone else, I think ^^), but I think my chances are pretty low at this point, and it's really dispiriting to try. I know most of the people who have CB tinsels, but it'd be unconscionably rude to try to contact them without permission, so I end up posting again and again in the trade threads, unsure whether my posts are being seen, or whether the answer is just "no"... and yet, it'd be unreasonable to expect the CB owners to actually contact me to say "no". So I keep posting. I've more or less given up at this point, though -- maybe I'll try again in a few months.

And as soon as I took an IOU and started gifting, my tinsels decided to stop producing. Of course.

Well, I guess that last point explains my fail rate - I started with a gifting list right off the hop, while people who both gift and trade do much better than I...

Tinsels will be common soon- look in the trading threads, all the dragons being traded are tinsels.

And for everyone who doesn't believe that tinsels are ever gifted I gifted one this afternoon in the dragonlotto, because I wanted to give back to dragon cave on my birthday.

Keep your eyes open, eventually tinsels will be everywhere, actually, they already are.

EDIT: And also, I agree about fulfilling IOU problems. 1/5, and 0/2 on my IOU tinsels.

Edited by LugiaLover

I don't have a tensil yet and would like one. I'll trade anything for one. But it looks like all lists for tensils are full...

Tinsels will be common soon- look in the trading threads, all the dragons being traded are tinsels.

And for everyone who doesn't believe that tinsels are ever gifted I gifted one this afternoon in the dragonlotto, because I wanted to give back to dragon cave on my birthday.

Keep your eyes open, eventually tinsels will be everywhere, actually, they already are.

EDIT: And also, I agree about fulfilling IOU problems. 1/5, and 0/2 on my IOU tinsels.

Oh yeah, with the way they've been breeding, population won't be a problem.

Sure, they started out limited, but with supply and demand both so high, population is bound to increase far past what it has already (which is a LOT).

I still have two IOUs outstanding. With all luck that'll decrease to one tomorrow, but we'll see.

Edited by Pink

Happy belated birthday, LugiaLover!

I now have 4 Tinsels, all gifted by the same wonderful person who continually gifts to people, including total strangers.

All Tinsels produced by these (I guess only 4 eggs so far... but the last Tinsel I was gifted is only a hatchie at this point and will, I hope, be immediately helpful in this) go to the lengthy gifting lift I have, some being people I don't know at all, and others being people I know only from posts of theirs that I've read.

Granted, at current rates, it'll take a loooong time to get through the list, but others are gifting me more Tinsels down the road which will in turn produce gifts for others.

There are LOTS of people gifting Tinsels, just not so many Tinsel eggs being produced that it's easy to spread the love as far or as fast as we'd like.

Since i have all three i started gifting them too =P I also just tossed one in the AP (:

The problem is that my Tinsel fail breeding most of the time dry.gif But they aren´t as rare as the were before. Once i traded 2 Purple hatchies for one^^ So i think it´s just a matter of time now until everyone can get a Tinsel without trading a CB Gold for it x)

Edited by KingZanto

Awww, happy belated birthday! And thanks for this post smile.gif It's encouraging to hear this! I have zero tinsels and am just trying to be patient when they're easier to get... I hope there are other kind souls like you who gift them!

And yup, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm still hoping for some!

I have all three colors now, 12 total. If they were breeding well for me, I'd start trading/gifting, but they're being mean lol.

One thing to remember is that tinsels are breeding really well now. They're still relatively new, with a low population base -- it's possible we haven't hit the limits of their ratios yet. However, it's probably only a matter of time before the ratios pull the breeding up short.

(Assuming that they're considered rare, of course.)

One thing to remember is that tinsels are breeding really well now. They're still relatively new, with a low population base -- it's possible we haven't hit the limits of their ratios yet. However, it's probably only a matter of time before the ratios pull the breeding up short.

This is also, sadly, likely to be true.

D:

I managed to trade for a Silver, a bronze and an IOU for another Bronze. I'm still short a Gold, but I'm optimistic. Of course, new release got in between catching trading material.

Which is why I don't have high hopes in getting one at all.

Most lists anyway, are either full or not taking people. sad.gif

Which is why I don't have high hopes in getting one at all.

Most lists anyway, are either full or not taking people. sad.gif

Honestly, I think the best chance you have if you don't have any rares to trade is to collect BSA hatchlings. If you offer four BSA hatchlings (particularly reds!) in a trade thread, and you're willing to take very high gen tinsels, or messy lineages, I think you'd get a trade.

I just recently did a 5th gen spiral bronze for six CB red hatchlings.

I have all three colors now, 12 total. If they were breeding well for me, I'd start trading/gifting, but they're being mean lol.

Me too, now I've own 6 tinsels total, all colors. 1 gold, 2 bronze and 3 silvers. smile.gif The silver ones were breeding well as they grew up, but these weeks, they weren't interested. o.O

I currently own seven adults, four growing hatchies, and one egg. (12 total)

I also have a whole horde of them able to breed over the course of the weekend (most of which I'll hopefully keep the eggs of in anticipation of the CCC tinsel breeding next week).

Honestly, I think the best chance you have if you don't have any rares to trade is to collect BSA hatchlings. If you offer four BSA hatchlings (particularly reds!) in a trade thread, and you're willing to take very high gen tinsels, or messy lineages, I think you'd get a trade.

I just recently did a 5th gen spiral bronze for six CB red hatchlings.

I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the suggestion. wink.gif