DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just taking a "have confidence, sooner or later they will get to be only rare and not ultra-rare attitude". I would love to get one (or one of each color), but I can't do anything about it. Right now my trios have decided they like to breed, so I've been handing the things out like hotcakes. Maybe my good karma will eventually build up enough to earn me a great gift like a tinsel.

I am hoping I will eventually get some Tinsels, but right now I am more in the lookout for 2nd gen White offspring from Tinsels for a breeding project. Even those are hard to get and have long waiting lists because the CB Tinsel owners obviously have long breeding lists already.

No tinsel yet, but I have a few fails from lucky AP catches. I should do a fail tinsel lineage lol.

I have one of each now. Although two of them seem to be bad breeders, I love them a lot (two words, not one). I also don't think tinsel owners hoard them, they just have more to have a better chance of producing an egg they later trade or gift. As a collector, I'm now searching for a bronze or silver to influence female or a gold to influence male.

I have the same problem as many others - I just don't know anyone who has one, and I don't want to go around pm'ing people. Even if I had anything that was Tinsel-trade-worthy, I still find that impolite, or rather annoying, because I'm sure tinsel owners already get more requests (polite or not) than they can possibly fulfill.

I'll probably follow my Holly strategy: if it's meant to be, one day I'll get one.

So far it hasn't worked out for either xd.png

I wouldn't lose hope of ever getting one. I am on a waiting list for an IOU after recently trading an egg with an epic code, & I did not initiate the trade. If a forum lurker like me can find my way onto such a list, I am positive that those who would like to have a tinsel will find themselves with one at some point.

I have silver tinsel hatchling, near maturing and without gender and wings, silly creature smile.gif I love them!

I have no tinsels, and with how elitist everyone seems to be in terms of trading, I don't expect I'll ever get even a single color, much less all three.

For those of you without tinsels who fear you'll never have trade worthy stuff to offer for one, I suggest you check out the Common Collector's Competition. I know for a fact that there really will be tinsels given as prizes. The competition is divided by trophy level too, so it's fair even for beginners here.

Not all trades being asked are for impossible to get stuff either. There was one the other day looking for a handful of cb common hatchlings.

In short, there are ways for people without forum connections or fast internet to get tinsels. You just have to stalk threads and be creative.

Edited because Fi cannot spell today.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I finally got a real pretty Nebula stair step Silver the other day. I got lucky and was able to nab a CB Silver, (my 2nd CB metal I have ever caught) and I used it to trade for my 4th gen Tinsel.

I also missed a Tinsel egg on the AP a couple days ago. It was either a Gold or Bronze, hard to tell since it went so fast! xd.png

I have all three. Now am working on breeding to gift/trade and looking for lower gens. ^^"

Plan to drop some off on the AP as well.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

I have a gold and silver - trying to breed them to get the bronze and then maybe trade the babies off to people smile.gif

I have one bronze that refuses to give me an egg :/

Figures xd.png

Inow have a bronze and of course the silver that helped me to get it. Two down 1 to go.

I have no tinsels, and with how elitist everyone seems to be in terms of trading, I don't expect I'll ever get even a single color, much less all three.

Maybe you should look into the IRC every once in a while. I got my first (and only) Tinsel from an FFA there

Since my last post, I've obtained the other two types, so I now have at least one of each type of tinsel.

Maybe you should look into the IRC every once in a while. I got my first (and only) Tinsel from an FFA there

Yeah...I have no clue what that is. :S

For those of you without tinsels who fear you'll never have trade worthy stuff to offer for one, I suggest you check out the Common Collector's Competition. I know for a fact that there really will be tinsels given as prizes. The competition is divided by trophy level too, so it's fair even for beginners here.

[/size]

I was just about to say...

I have 3 myself at the moment, although I'm owed about... 5.

I'm thinking I need to keep a few over the course of the next month, however, as I'll probably be expected to produce a few of the prizes for my own competition.

xd.png

I have two bronzes and a silver, and I'm owed one gold, one silver, and three bronzes.

Yeah...I have no clue what that is. :S

The IRC is a chat program, where you can talk to other DC users. There's also a trade chat. Every once in a while some nice person hands out a Tinsel there as Free for all - meaning the first one to click gets it

The IRC is a chat program, where you can talk to other DC users. There's also a trade chat. Every once in a while some nice person hands out a Tinsel there as Free for all - meaning the first one to click gets it

Oh, well, in that case...

Still not gonna happen. My Internet sucks and I can't click hardly anything fast enough to get it in the Cave. I certainly wouldn't be able to do it anywhere else. -.'-

I have none at the moment, but I am confident that I will EARN mine eventually. Good luck to all those out there who are waiting for one, and congrats to those who already do:)

Another tinsel-less person. Eventually I am bound to get one, but until then, I will just collect something else biggrin.gif

I have no tinsels, but I one time found a terrae tinsel lineage fail in the AP, made the mistake of dropping it back in the AP and then realized that it was actually valuable after looking on different threads...