DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm holding out until Christmas. I have two hollies, so I hope that I can trade something.

Still no tinsels for me but I picked up a harvest egg with a lovely tinsel lineage.

Edited by Ramica

I want one. Quite badly. But, all that aside, I' probably not going to get one for quite a while...I do have a dragon (OK, egg) with an alt sweetling in its lineage that's a 2nd gen. But that's the best I got.

I have zip, nada, zilch as I expect most of us are in the same boat. I'd love to trade for one but I'd have to get the Gods of Luck for DC to aid me in getting something super stupendous from the biomes (nada on that too so far). Maybe one day waaaaaaay down the road it'll happen. rolleyes.gif

I would love a tinsel. I'm missing the the Holly Christmas dragon and of course the tinsel. I would love to complete my scroll but I'm not sure how to go about it. I would feel VERY awkward begging someone to *gift/trade* a tinsel.

Any other suggestions?

What sort of eggs/hatchlings are being traded for a Tinsel?

I haven't got any, though I would dearly love to have one. Alas I do not think I have anything that would be worth trading for one, so I shall remain Tinsel-less.

I think it's ok when people with tinsels first trade with other players with tinsels, to get one of each colour. And we have to accept if a player decides to "hoard" tinsels. Like Goslander said: they're not obligated to breed for others.

What I think extremely sad is the "trading prize" for tinsels. Even for high gen or messy lineages people often demand mulitple cb rares.

It's sad for players who don't have anything rare or fancy to trade. I understand that and I'm one of those players who can't grab cb metallics, blacks or stripes to trade with. But there are really nice people out there who breed their tinsels for others, have lists or FFA them. But one has to wait patiently because the tinsels breed stubborn.

A big Thank you to those players who gift their tinsel offspring.

Edited by counselor

Yeah. So basically, there are people out there who would gift these eggs, but then there are people like that person who will trade you Tinsels only if you are either VERY close friends with them or you can get an ND or equally difficult to get egg.

Actually if you are thinking about the same scroll I am thinking, they do gift out a lot.

I am keeping 1 egg from each of my Tinsels as well as some point, so I have more than one. However from the 4 eggs I bred so far I also gifted 3. Too bad my Gold Tinsel didn´t breed at all for 5 weeks dry.gif

So maybe people with several Tinsels are just keeping for example the first egg it gives as breeding stock? I know several people who do this and gift out many many eggs after. But of course they would have several Tinsels.

I have one silver tinsel and one bronze tinsel. Hopefully they'll decide soon that they REALLY like making babies and will fill my scroll with more tinsels.

Lol, in the middle of Feb. this year, 5 Gold, 10 Silver, and 15 Bronze Tinsels were received by 40 (Edit: lol, she who posts at 3:18 AM can't count through closed eyelids - should have been 30, indeed, ROFLMAO) people in a collecting game involving I've no idea how many thousands of people.

Some people are gifting most or even all Tinsel babies produced, others are using the babies to get dragons they couldn't otherwise obtain.

Some people are gifting friends or people who have helped them, or who have shown themselves to be particularly nice people, or who have little in the way of nice dragons, in preference to tossing the few Tinsels produced out for random strangers.

And one can only imagine how the best buddies of people acquiring Tinsels would feel if their friends refused to even consider gifting them one, on the grounds that it would be unfair to random strangers - one can only imagine how one would feel, oneself, in such a situation to realize that we can't all have the progeny of these 40 dragons all at once and that people have a right to do as they wish with the dragons on their scrolls - and with the progeny thereof.

That said, they are spreading quickly, especially considering that they aren't typically eager breeders of their own kind, and it may not be that long before those who think it unfair to gift friends or to use Tinsels in trading for dragons they could not otherwise hope to get are rethinking their position, once standing in these particular shoes themselves...

If anyone finds themself focussing more on the fact that others have Tinsels while they don't yet, a review of the facts may shift their outlook to a more positive view.

Yes, it's too bad there aren't enough to go around to everyone, but give it time.

A mere 4 months have made a difference already. smile.gif

Re-edit: good point, Eruru, 31 CB Tinsels, even better! laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Lol, in the middle of Feb. this year, 5 Gold, 10 Silver, and 15 Bronze Tinsels were received by 40 people in a collecting game involving I've no idea how many thousands of people.

People tend to forget that Marrionetta's Penk breeds silver tinsels, so it really should count as 11 silvers.

Have two bronze Tinsels and so far 2 fails and a lot of no eggs.

Lol, in the middle of Feb. this year, 5 Gold, 10 Silver, and 15 Bronze Tinsels were received by 40 people in a collecting game involving I've no idea how many thousands of people.

Failmath.

5 + 10 + 15 = 30.

How exactly do you spread out 30 tinsels among 40 people again?

But yes, it is interesting to see just how quickly they've spread.

I'm wondering how exactly people are getting tinsel eggs. Are they appearing on the AP? Or will they now be gifted directly through Teleport.

I'm curious because I see them in ERs, but I've NEVER seen them on the AP.

I'm wondering how exactly people are getting tinsel eggs. Are they appearing on the AP? Or will they now be gifted directly through Teleport.

Not many people drop them in the AP.

I think most everyone uses teleport for eggs like tinsels now.

It's not the kind of egg you want to just throw out there for anyone in the world to get, I think.

Not many people drop them in the AP.

I think most everyone uses teleport for eggs like tinsels now.

It's not the kind of egg you want to just throw out there for anyone in the world to get, I think.

Ah, well that settles it. I'll never get one. After all, no one would just give me one, and I'll never have an egg valuable enough to trade for one.

Oh well. Back to work at trying for that Neglected.....

I'm wondering how exactly people are getting tinsel eggs.  Are they appearing on the AP?  Or will they now be gifted directly through Teleport.

I never see them on the AP either. God knows I look. For now I have been just getting commons, since I obviously can't get anything else... dry.gif

People(besides the 30 people who won) get these eggs through gifting(in other words Teleporting) by people who already have the Tinsels. And since breeding them is apparently difficult(I wouldn't know since I don't have any Tinsels) it might be a while before they become more widespread.

And I agree Data, I get the feeling I'll never get one either. And with how hectic my life is getting I don't even think I'll get an ND since I have to be on DC at the time when the egg is supposed to hatch.

Oh, it's a lot harder than that. I've lost count of how many attempts I've made at a ND. And they either die or hatch normally.

Like 489 others, I do not have a tinsel dragon ever since they first released. I've only seen them once or twice in the AP, but I'm not seriously trying to hunt for them.

Oh, it's a lot harder than that. I've lost count of how many attempts I've made at a ND. And they either die or hatch normally.

I know it is. But I still have to be on DC basically during the short time that I need to get clicks. And I can't even schedule out what I'll do tomorrow, forget in a week's time.

Eventually, Tinsels will be so widespread that there will be things like Tinsel Gifting Threads, and random drops into the AP.

It may take a while, but it'll get there!

Eventually, Tinsels will be so widespread that there will be things like Tinsel Gifting Threads, and random drops into the AP.

It may take a while, but it'll get there!

Maybe, but I doubt it. There are rare gifting threads, and those work, I'm a gifter in a number, but tinsels...well, I dunno. Maybe it's because as a trader I've aquired a little bit of lineage snobbery etc, but since tinsels seem to breed like rares, and it seems unlikely to me that there will be new "cb" tinsels added to the stock, when you get to the point you'll be able to have a gifting thread most of them will be umpteenth gen :< Maybe that won't be the case, though.

Anyway, on the count of many others in this thread, I have no tinsels. I'd like to get them eventually because I want every dragon on my scroll, but personally I don't like the sprite all that much so I'm not in a rush. Also...yeah, I don't have any shot at a CB metallic or a holly, realistically speaking. And my numerous ND attempts have all been fails, most of them dying, and with only one close case :/

I just got my first Tinsel, a bronze. I never ever thought I'd have one... So they are going around guys, and I'm personally going to try and spread them. happy.gif

Don't have any Tinsels sad.gif

at the begining I was sceptical and thought I woud never get one

but a few weeks after they came out I already saw a Bronze egg in the AP

and then I knew the owners are breeding them as much as possible and someday a tinsel will find it way on to my scroll laugh.gif