DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will say I never gift or trade to anyone who PMs me a request that says, "I don't care about lineage." As someone who gets a ton of Tinsel requests and who does care about lineage, that is the worst thing you can tell me. Not sure if that advice would help requesters get on the list of any other Tinsel owners, but it's something to think about before deciding how to word your PM.

Why people here give so much importance to lineage? blink.gif If there is a person(like me for example) who just don't have a tinsel,and just want one,why require the tinsel more a good lineage. I guess is asking to much.

People like me just want a Tinsel as is.

Why people here give so much importance to lineage? blink.gif If there is a person(like me for example) who just don't have a tinsel,and just want one,why require the tinsel more a good lineage. I guess is asking to much.

I think the issue is that if you state that you don't care about lineages, then people think you wouldn't breed responsibly and/or breed to continue a pattern already laid out. It's frustrating for people that do value neat lineages to see them ruined by people who just aren't interested in picking up where a more thoughtful person left off.

Since I click on every tinsel I see in any fansite, I've already noticed at least one tinsel that ended up with a messy-looking, inbred lineage. These are special dragons and I believe they should have neat, tidy, special-looking lineages.

That said, I don't have any yet, and am just pleased to finally be picking up commons with tinsel lineages and failtinsels from the AP.

Why people here give so much importance to lineage?  blink.gif If there is a person(like me for example) who just don't have a tinsel,and just want one,why require the tinsel more a good lineage. I guess is asking to much.

Hmmm~

Perhaps it's a line of distinction. Your interpretation of those words is that it's too much to ask for the tinsel to have a good lineage. But it's also kind of practical. You can breed 3-8th etc gens as opposed to 22nd messy CB to Tinsel gens.

EDIT: Or like, what Tiktokism said. And more eloquently. X3

Incidentally, I have a question. How does one go about achieving even generation lineages with dead ancestors? Need help with this one.

Hmmm~

Perhaps it's a line of distinction. Your interpretation of those words is that it's too much to ask for the tinsel to have a good lineage. But it's also kind of practical. You can breed 3-8th etc gens as opposed to 22nd messy CB to Tinsel gens.

EDIT: Or like, what Tiktokism said. And more eloquently. X3

Incidentally, I have a question. How does one go about achieving even generation lineages with dead ancestors? Need help with this one.

The only way I know of is killing the parents.

@Alexiel Dragoness: I only want prizes bred to magis. Other nice lineaged prizes might get me there. I want the second gens bred to magis because I'm making my own lineage.

I think the issue is that if you state that you don't care about lineages, then people think you wouldn't breed responsibly and/or breed to continue a pattern already laid out. It's frustrating for people that do value neat lineages to see them ruined by people who just aren't interested in picking up where a more thoughtful person left off.

Since I click on every tinsel I see in any fansite, I've already noticed at least one tinsel that ended up with a messy-looking, inbred lineage. These are special dragons and I believe they should have neat, tidy, special-looking lineages.

That said, I don't have any yet, and am just pleased to finally be picking up commons with tinsel lineages and failtinsels from the AP.

Ok,now i understand better,thank you for explaining smile.gif

So,next time i send a PM to another user requesting a tinsel,i would say:

"I want a tinsel,and i promise i will make a good lineage with it,the best i can imagine"

And i'm talking seriously.I would never mess a dragon's lineage,specially the one of a tinsel.I would even ask if the giver of the tinsel would like me to follow the lineage in a certain way.

Do you think i'm able to ask for a tinsel now? wink.gif

Do you think i'm able to ask for a tinsel now? wink.gif

People don't just give out tinsels, and most tinsel owners don't like getting random PMs asking for one.

If you want one, you should trade for it. It's no use just going around expecting to get one by begging.

Yay! This makes the last tinsel I needed. Eventually I'd like one of each gender, but I'm working on breeding for others first. :3

People don't just give out tinsels, and most tinsel owners don't like getting random PMs asking for one.

If you want one, you should trade for it. It's no use just going around expecting to get one by begging.

You get me wrong.Of course it has to be a trade,i didn't expect it to be in other way,i'm not a beggar.

Indeed,i am offering good eggs for trade in other topics.

To clarify, I believe a Tinsel is the owner's to do with what they want, and I wouldn't want to restrict anyone I give Tinsels to by expecting them to follow any sort of breeding standard. Heck, they can freeze them if they want . . . the hatchlings are freaking adorable. But I do put effort into my Tinsel's lineages, so of course I'm going to try to gift to people who might appreciate that, and saying you don't care about lineage lets me rule you out. It's also vaguely and unintentionally insulting to the owner of the Tinsel to say you don't care about lineage. I know it's a baseless feeling, but it sort of gives me the sense of, "Well, since I can't get a pretty Tinsel, I'll ask for one of yours."

Edited by Goslander

To clarify, I believe a Tinsel is the owner's to do with what they want, and I wouldn't want to restrict anyone I give Tinsels to by expecting them to follow any sort of breeding standard. Heck, they can freeze them if they want . . . the hatchlings are freaking adorable. But I do put effort into my Tinsel's lineages, so of course I'm going to try to gift to people who might appreciate that, and saying you don't care about lineage lets me rule you out. It's also vaguely and unintentionally insulting to the owner of the Tinsel to say you don't care about lineage. I know it's a baseless feeling, but it sort of gives me the sense of, "Well, since I can't get a pretty Tinsel, I'll ask for one of yours."

Well,it is a point of view,Goslander.Everyone sees the game in different points of view.

for me is literaly a dream to get a tinsel,and even with the good offers i've been made,no one wants to trade and i keep abandoning good eggs for nothing since i don't want my scroll always locked.

But if someone gives me a chance to have one,i would keep a good lineage,as i do with all my other dragons.

Well, there are people that do give out Tinsels. I have given out a few. In fact, I have a Tinsel set aside solely for gifting.

But I don't like being PMed from random people asking if they can have a Tinsel. I gift to people who are friends or who I see are really generous (no, I do not just gift to friends). I also get lots of PM's from people asking how I got my Tinsels. And while most of the time I don't mind that, it does get a bit annoying after a while. Most of the time I'll be nice about it but after a million PM's about it, I might get a little snippy. But don't take it personally, I'm really a nice person. ;P

As for trading, of course I ask for CB Golds/Silvers and Neglecteds, but does that mean I get them? No. I still do not have a CB Metal, although I have gotten my ND's through trades for Tinsels. But that was when they were a bit rarer than they are now.

But yeah, if I'm going to trade my Tinsel, I'll ask for things I don't have, like CB Metals, because, well, I don't have them. But most of the time, I just end up gifting them.

And yes, I care about lineages. When I traded for my 2nd Gen Tinsel, I took a lot of time to plan out the lineage for it, and I am still working on it. So it makes me incredibly happy when people who get eggs from that specific lineage at least try to make a suitable mate for it. I can't stand it when the lineage isn't carried on, but it's their dragon, they can do what they want with it. *shrug*

I have one tinsel, a Bronze 5th gen stairstep with a nice lineage, that was given to me by a friend I'd made through a forum thread. I've already made a list (now full) for its offspring, all of which I'm gifting out. All I've asked for is that the people who get those eggs continue the lineage, and if they have something on their scroll that I need to continue it myself, they shoot me an offspring from it eventually.

I PMed a few Tinsel winners for offspring soon after the contest was over, and got one response from a Gold winner and one response from a Bronze winner, both saying they would gift me a 2nd gen egg from their Tinsels. That was before the winners' eggs were even given out, and I still have yet to hear from either of them about what's going on with their request list. But I am patiently waiting, I don't bug them with reminders, and I have faith those eggs will make their way to me eventually.

Edited by jerusha

I have one tinsel, a Bronze 5th gen stairstep with a nice lineage, that was given to me by a friend I'd made through a forum thread.  I've already made a list (now full) for its offspring, all of which I'm gifting out.  All I've asked for is that the people who get those eggs continue the lineage, and if they have something on their scroll that I need to continue it myself, they shoot me an offspring from it eventually.

I PMed a few Tinsel winners for offspring soon after the contest was over, and got one response from a Gold winner and one response from a Bronze winner, both saying they would gift me a 2nd gen egg from their Tinsels.  That was before the winners' eggs were even given out, and I still have yet to hear from either of them about what's going on with their request list.  But I am patiently waiting, I don't bug them with reminders, and I have faith those eggs will make their way to me eventually.

The problem is that the most of the people just don't keep promises.They are not honest in the most of times.What costs being honest? as i've said before in this topic,if i had a tinsel,the first thing i would do was a topic to give away tinsel eggs to people who just don't have them yet(if i was supported by other tinsel owner,then it would be great). Maybe i will catch some in the AP and make this come true smile.gif

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

I PMed a few Tinsel winners for offspring soon after the contest was over, and got one response from a Gold winner and one response from a Bronze winner, both saying they would gift me a 2nd gen egg from their Tinsels.  That was before the winners' eggs were even given out, and I still have yet to hear from either of them about what's going on with their request list.  But I am patiently waiting, I don't bug them with reminders, and I have faith those eggs will make their way to me eventually.

Did you PM me? Your name looks familiar. I try to get back to everyone who PMs me, but it recently came to my attention that I let a few PMs slip through the cracks in the early days of Tinsel madness. If you did PM me and I never replied, I'm truly sorry for the oversight.

Edited by Goslander

The problem is that the most of the people just don't keep promises.They are not honest in the most of times.What costs being honest? as i've said before in this topic,if i had a tinsel,the first thing i would do was a topic to give away tinsel eggs to people who just don't have them yet(if i was supported by other tinsel owner,then it would be great). Maybe i will catch some in the AP and make this come true smile.gif

Actually most the people I've met here have kept their promises. However, despite good intentions not everybody can remember every single thing. Even with writing everything down a lot of things still get through the cracks.

I got another Bronze today. 4th gen Staircase Bronze x Terrae from Infinis.

<3

The problem is that the most of the people just don't keep promises.They are not honest in the most of times.What costs being honest? as i've said before in this topic,if i had a tinsel,the first thing i would do was a topic to give away tinsel eggs to people who just don't have them yet(if i was supported by other tinsel owner,then it would be great). Maybe i will catch some in the AP and make this come true  smile.gif

I have tons of lists and breeding promises and I do forget things pretty easily. I rely on reminders from those people I have promised things to to remember them. And my inbox gets full pretty often, so sometimes I delete a PM from someone who I promised something to and I completely forget about it. So, like I said, I rely on reminders from those people to remember. If you really want that egg that bad, you will remind me. If I haven't PMed you back about it, it means I forgot, not that I don't care or am not honest. dry.gif

With that mindset, you won't get one. >->

On topic. I have none. Waiting to work my Hollies for them.

Don't want one, just sayin'.

I don't know if the "I don't care about lineage" comments when trying to make a trade are necessarily out of total disregard for the lineage itself. More so I see those comments as a "he's asking for a 2nd gen lineage, but your 5th gen even gen would be loved and adored here" which is not at all disrespect for the lineage, but an attempt to be a more accessable trade. It's not picky, so there's more room for more possible lineages to be aquired.

Granted this is not always the case, but that's the first thing that pops into my mind when I see a comment of that nature.

But definitely (with an I, not an A) do not bug the breeders. No one likes to be harassed over how they play a game their way. Keep an ear to the ground and a scroll slot open for possibilities. Please and Thank you open many doors.

None for me yet. I do however wish to have one on my scroll someday. They are so beautiful smile.gif The closest I have come is a Nebula with the most gorgeous stairstep Silver Male Tinsel/ Regular Female Nebula lineage. I couldn't believe I even recieved that beauty for nothing in the IRC.

I am way to shy to ask from breeders, so I will sit patiently by the AP and hope for the best smile.gif

The closest I have come is a Nebula with the most gorgeous stairstep Silver Male Tinsel/ Regular Female Nebula lineage.

I have a 2 Silver Tinsels from Inextrica. The lineage is very pretty!

Sadly, I only have 1 regular Nebula, so until the regulars start appearing again, I will have to use an Alt Nebula on one of my Tinsels. I don't think the Red will be as pretty as the Blue. sad.gif

I don't have one. How can I?

All offers I've seen yet are for CB Metallics, NDs or Hollies. I just don't have that!

^This.

I mean I can breed golds and silvers... not hollies and no NDs (tried.. never work- yet) and no one wants the golds and silvers unless CB...