DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish I had a tinsel. I'm trying to breed my metals for one. rolleyes.gif

Me too xd.png Tried breeding my Gold and Silver, but they gave me no eggs. As usual. I might try a Neglected Experiment soon.

I'm on three waiting lists for a Tinsel, a Bronze, Gold and Silver. But I'll probably wait a while for the Bronze and Gold >.<

none yet tongue.gif

not on any lists either

None yet, but I have IOUs for two bronze ones, hopefully I'll be able to trade to get silvers and golds (I'd love to have a pair of each and spread the tinsels around).

I have a Staircase/Step Gold Tinsel Fail 5G, if anyone wants it:

Vine Egg... maybe it will turn Alt??

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the Teleport site smile.gif

Claimed!!!

Edited by Ldyfsh

Still none and im trying to breed a purebreed pair silver with 0 blakcs or stripes so wish me luck

I have none. I am trying to do the best I can to get things to trade for one, but no luck so far. I am confident that one day in the future I will have one of each. And I will certainly treasure them when I get them. Also, I am thinking that I would like to carry on any that have special lineages. Finally, I am not sure that I would use them for trades. I really think I would just gift them randomly to those with none. I just hope I can get a silver first as I like them lots.

just like me. if i had one,i will breed and give to those who have none. I've been trying to get one too by trade and i even deal with arrogant people.whatever...

And the people who have tinsels,how do you got them? caught them in the AP? huh.gif

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

I caught my bronze in the AP and traded for the gold.

I now have two of each colour. :3

just like me. if i had one,i will breed and give to those who have none. I've been trying to get one too by trade and i even deal with arrogant people.whatever...

And the people who have tinsels,how do you got them? caught them in the AP? huh.gif

I got my first Bronze from an FFA. The rest I traded for. smile.gif

wow,how lucky of you smile.gif i guess i need to look at the AP more times.

I gave my first bred bronze egg to a friend on my (long) gift list. The second one I kept and traded for the gold when it was only about 3 - 4 hours to grow up (I'd kept it in hope to a trade). Hopefully, sometime in the future, I'll be able to trade for a silver but I need to get back to my "gift" list. smile.gif

....Actually, I believe I traded for all of mine. O__O;;

EDIT: Ohya, and now I've three of bronze and silver.

Am in the process of gifting out and compiling lists. Oh, and increasing the army. My one gold is being a stubborn mule, though it did produce an alt vine which just amazes me. Still, it'd be nice to get something other then vines from it. I have future mates lined up and people to trade eggs to.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

I now have... 1 gold, 1 silver and 4 bronzes.

I caught one in the AP yesterday, traded for the gold this afternoon, and was given the other bronze earlier this week as part of an IOU.

In addition to the bronze I had when I answered, I now have two silvers, a gold, and a silver IOU.

And the people who have tinsels,how do you got them? caught them in the AP? 

A friend gifted me my bronze, I traded a bronze egg for the first silver and a silver egg for the second. I caught the gold in a ffa on the Rare Egg Departure thread.

Aquired two tinsels recently. The silver was a gift and the gold was won in a game. ^^ Thank you to the people who did that--- your kindness is not unappriciated or unnoticed. You totally made my day with your special gifts.

I was gifted a silver tinsel out of the blue from a wonderful friend! (You know who you are. <3 ) And I won a bronze in the CCC (click the pic in my sig) in June. Whoa!! Also.. I have an IOU for a bronze from trading some 'goodies' to them.

Two weeks ago I thought I would never get a tinsel in the near future! biggrin.gif

I have my CB silver, her sole Tinsel offspring, and was given a bronze egg the other day as part of an earlier trade.

I'm curious to know if any other CB Tinsel owners have had poor luck like I have. I've bred my Tinsel every week since she matured, and have only gotten ONE Tinsel offspring from her. I've played mate roulette like a lot of people suggested to me, but still no luck. Mostly what I get is "no interest" -- even with the Terrae mate that produced the sole 2nd gen Tinsel offspring, even when I use Fertility, even when I try mate breeds that work great with other Tinsels that I've seen.

I should've been done with my relatively short breeding list months ago. sad.gif This is ridiculous. At this rate I might not even fulfill my list until next year.

Also my 2nd gen Tinsel has only bred true once as well (which I gifted to my friend). Maybe my dragons are just going to be one hit wonders. tongue.gif Blah.

I have my CB silver, her sole Tinsel offspring, and was given a bronze egg the other day as part of an earlier trade.

I'm curious to know if any other CB Tinsel owners have had poor luck like I have. I've bred my Tinsel every week since she matured, and have only gotten ONE Tinsel offspring from her.  I've played mate roulette like a lot of people suggested to me, but still no luck. Mostly what I get is "no interest" -- even with the Terrae mate that produced the sole 2nd gen Tinsel offspring, even when I use Fertility, even when I try mate breeds that work great with other Tinsels that I've seen.

I should've been done with my relatively short breeding list months ago. sad.gif This is ridiculous. At this rate I might not even fulfill my list until next year.

Also my 2nd gen Tinsel has only bred true once as well (which I gifted to my friend). Maybe my dragons are just going to be one hit wonders. tongue.gif Blah.

It looks like you've been playing mate roulette with dragons that are already pretty common within the caves. I would try breeding with dragons breeds that are harder to find at the moment. It looks like you bred with a Nocturne a lot. I had terrible luck with that, and now refuse to breed mine with Nocturnes. The cave is just too inclined to drop Nocturnes right now. Tinsels are also breedable with rares, so if you want, you could try yours with a holiday, if you have any. That way any eggs dropped would have to be Tinsel.

On topic: I can now say I have Bronze as well as Silver Tinsels. I traded for the bronze. I've been giving offspring out in a mixture of gifts and trades. The last bronze I bred was traded for balloon hatchling IOUs, so not all trade requests are beyond the the realm of possibility. I will say I never gift or trade to anyone who PMs me a request that says, "I don't care about lineage." As someone who gets a ton of Tinsel requests and who does care about lineage, that is the worst thing you can tell me. Not sure if that advice would help requesters get on the list of any other Tinsel owners, but it's something to think about before deciding how to word your PM.

Edited by Goslander

Breeding Tinsels with holiday dragons seems to work well ^

I now have 4 silver tinsels and 3 bronze ones. One of the silver tinsels I bred myself, (with a holiday) and the others were trades, except for one bronze which was a gift.

Hoping to get a gold soon e.e

I'm curious to know if any other CB Tinsel owners have had poor luck like I have. I've bred my Tinsel every week since she matured, and have only gotten ONE Tinsel offspring from her. I've played mate roulette like a lot of people suggested to me, but still no luck. Mostly what I get is "no interest" -- even with the Terrae mate that produced the sole 2nd gen Tinsel offspring, even when I use Fertility, even when I try mate breeds that work great with other Tinsels that I've seen.

You have a CB male Silver (not tinsel), you should try breeding her with him. Eventually they'll spit out a rare.

It looks like you've been playing mate roulette with dragons that are already pretty common within the caves. I would try breeding with dragons breeds that are harder to find at the moment. It looks like you bred with a Nocturne a lot. I had terrible luck with that, and now refuse to breed mine with Nocturnes. The cave is just too inclined to drop Nocturnes right now. Tinsels are also breedable with rares, so if you want, you could try yours with a holiday, if you have any. That way any eggs dropped would have to be Tinsel.

I've also tried a Stripe, Black, Harvest, a different Terrae, etc. -- all of those were repeated "no interest", which is why there aren't even any eggs from them. sad.gif But thanks for the tips! I've had people suggest the Mod Madness dragons to me, but so far the Sunsong has given one common egg and the rest were "no interest"...

You have a CB male Silver (not tinsel), you should try breeding her with him. Eventually they'll spit out a rare.

Thanks too! I'll keep that in mind. Although with rare ratio x rare ratio, I've the feeling they just wouldn't give me any eggs this year. xd.png It's too bad Fertility seems to make no difference with my rares.

Meh, if my breeding luck were better, I could've completed my list by the second month Tinsels were released. I'd intended to be gifting Tinsel eggs by this point. Ah well. Just going to keep trying. Maybe my bronze will be luckier once she matures. Still waiting on my gold, hopefully the owner still wants to trade with me... It's wild how some people already have quite a few Tinsels of every colour -- lucky ducks.