DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey I'm wondering, what you you all think about the lines with a deceased parent. Would you consider a 3rd gen from one of those lines a '3rd gen' or a gross lineaged thing?

Well, I wouldn't consider it a 3rd gen, and I'm not big on tombstones but it's a Tinsel.

I wouldn't trade my firstborn anything for one of the type, though...

This thread is great - I'll bet some of the Tinsel-less people on here are sitting, perhaps having started at the bottom, on several gifting lists, while the breeders wait for their Tinsels to produce their way through...

^^ Agreed. It's great to see so many people reporting in that they now have a tinsel. smile.gif

Now I would like to change my vote if I could. I manage to be gifted a Bronze Tinsel and now I am beginning to spread the cheer for others.

I now have a bronze tinsel and IOU's also out from trades for a silver and another bronze. I hope to (please DC Gods!) to get them before the ratios flatten out and they become more difficult to breed. *crosses fingers*

Hopefully it'll be a while before the ratios start to flatten out, since there really are comparatively few, even though they're breeding relatively well right now.

It's nice to be able to produce SOMETHING shiny once in a while...

Hey I'm wondering, what you you all think about the lines with a deceased parent. Would you consider a 3rd gen from one of those lines a '3rd gen' or a gross lineaged thing?

I would treat it like a regular 3rd gen, so even though I'm not put off by a dead Tinsel, I might be annoyed if the tombstone didn't look good with the rest of the lineage.

I don't have any Tinsels yet, but I'm pretty picky so I haven't really tried to trade for one yet. I'm just going to wait until Tinsels are more common and it's easier for me to get what I want.

EDIT: XD After posting this, I got onto the Tinsel Gifting list.

Edited by Saloiq

I will be getting my first one(silver), it was an IOU for my CB thunder.

Maybe on friday if the tinsel is likely to produce me one... waiting unpatiently. c:

wish I could change my vote, I now have all 3, got a gold tinsel from the AP last night biggrin.gif the first offspring is promised to a friend, the second I plan on gifting to tinsel gifting and all after that will probably be a GLOMP wink.gif

I was generously gifted a gold, and when this lil beauty grows up, I plan on continuing to spread the shiny love. wub.gif

I also might be getting a bronze via IOU trade (I'll give them a gold egg from my tinsel and they'll give me a bronze from one of theirs ^^)

Edited by Vyce

I was also gifted a gold! biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to spreading the tinsel joy, especially in exchange for getting a complete collection! But I have to admit... I -love- the tinsel hatchling sprites. I am -so- tempted to freeze them. SO CUTE.

I don't have one. How can I?

All offers I've seen yet are for CB Metallics, NDs or Hollies. I just don't have that!

This.

None here.

It's so annoying, when you trade your egg for something you think is good, you see someone asking for the egg you just traded for one.

Atleast, thats for me.

rolleyes.gif

I have them all now. smile.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

Need to change mine as well as I have 3 bronzes and 2 Silvers now. Still waiting for a gold one.

I was gifted a Gold Tinsel, so i'll be breeding it too spread tinsel love smile.gif

I have one bronze and I can't get it to breed. It tries to breed but I don't get any eggs(not even of the other parent). I have had it for ages now but still nothing...I wanna gift Tinsels! T_T

They're like metallics. They're rare, highly sought after, hoarded and never pop up in the Cave. The only way to get one is through a trade involving parting with various rarities on your part.

I said that a couple months ago. It only becomes more true, lol. At the time I'm posting this, there's almost 900 responses to that poll and near 700 of them say "I have none". And a lot of the time when I see a Tinsel on a scroll there's anywhere from 5 to 10 others, sometimes of each colour. These things are the new metallics. Only difference is there will be very few (If any) more CBs of the species.

I thought the idea would be that the contest winners would be rewarded with the only CBs, distinguishing them from every other Tinsel owner. I thought Tinsels would become fairly widespread and people would value the lower gen ones. Their Metallic-like breeding snuffed out any hope of that.

Back in Christmas '10 when they were planned as prizes for the Christmas tree contest, there were people who believed they'd become commons in no time. I wonder how many limbs they had to trade for theirs. xd.png

I said that a couple months ago. It only becomes more true, lol. At the time I'm posting this, there's almost 900 responses to that poll and near 700 of them say "I have none". And a lot of the time when I see a Tinsel on a scroll there's anywhere from 5 to 10 others, sometimes of each colour. These things are the new metallics. Only difference is there will be very few (If any) more CBs of the species.

I thought the idea would be that the contest winners would be rewarded with the only CBs, distinguishing them from every other Tinsel owner. I thought Tinsels would become fairly widespread and people would value the lower gen ones. Their Metallic-like breeding snuffed out any hope of that.

Back in Christmas '10 when they were planned as prizes for the Christmas tree contest, there were people who believed they'd become commons in no time. I wonder how many limbs they had to trade for theirs. XD

Actually a lot of people are saying they have gotten Tinsels now, even though they had initially voted "I have none" at the poll. :3

From experience, Tinsels breed nothing like metallics. I haven't bred a gold or silver in months, while I seem to be getting Tinsels at a rate closer to the Trio dragons. They definitely aren't commons (yet), but they're getting more and more widespread as time goes by. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic and/or biased, I've noticed all my posts in this thread are similar. XD

The main issue is, I think, that most of the people who aren't asking for the really rare stuff (CB metallics, NDs, CB stripes) when trading Tinsels are pretty much only looking for other Tinsels, so there's a lot of swapping and not many shinies go to users who don't have any yet. However that's certainly not always true, there's also people who gift or trade for more common stuff. Otherwise the number of people declaring they finally have a Tinsel would be much smaller in my opinion. ^^

Edited to disable emoticons.

Edited by MissK.

My only tinsel hasn't given me a tinsel egg. Ever sad.gif Stubborn critter.

None here, alas... I don't know people who would gift me one and i just don't have the time to lurk all day in the tinsel gifting thread, to get an open spot on the list. Nothing decent to trade either, so I'll probably never get one.

Are there really tinsel eggs in the AP at times? *g*

Are there really tinsel eggs in the AP at times? *g*

I've seen newer members catch nice tinsels without realizing that they ARE xd.png Yes, there are tinsels in the AP. rarely... its pure dumb luck.

That being said, there are also plenty of people that gift tinsels or do perfectly reasonable trades.

It's certainly possible to get a tinsel, don't give up guys.

I saw a stairstep third gen gold tinsel in the AP once. Wish I could'a gotten it...

They can be very picky breeders. Some times I will get one or two the next time nothing. Or nothing for a long time.

I have gotten a bronze and a silver and am on the hunt for a gold...it might take a while but at least it's the last color I need.