Saartje

Lineage Advice

I caught this Holly fellow last Christmas and would like to find or build him a mate. The likelihood of finding an unrelated Winter from a male Holly x female Winter checker is close to nil, so I'd like to find or build an equivalent substitute that will keep the lineage even. Perhaps with a similar colour scheme happening? I'm not sure what to substitute the Hollies or Winters with; ideally the mate will have one of the two breeds, probably the Winter as Hollies are few and far between.

If anyone has some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. smile.gif

Red x Winter would be good, I think. Here's a mockup.

Does anyone have any ideas for mating a 2g tinsel from Holly, like this? I'm blown away by the pairing but I have no idea what to do with it. Obviously I can't stairstep it and I feel like getting a matching 2g Holly would require winning the Powerball.

A friend with a CB Holly? Could breed you a 2nd gen Silver Lunar Herald from Holly...

Replacing Holly with Red and Silver Tinsel with Silver Lunar Herald is my first thought.

I got a Bronze Tinsel from the AP and it has a beautiful staircase lineage with CB Mistletoes. I joined in late 2015. I think you can see the problem.

I obviously also don't have any CB Hollies (as cool of a reversal that would make). Not quite sure what to do with this pretty. Any advice?

If possible, I'd try and sort a female based stair with the same generation and then breed them together and form an arrow.

You could try and find a holly (if possible laugh.gif ) or some other holiday dragon lineage out there.

(eg: like this)

Edited by aussieJJDude

Does anyone have any ideas for mating a 2g tinsel from Holly, like this? I'm blown away by the pairing but I have no idea what to do with it. Obviously I can't stairstep it and I feel like getting a matching 2g Holly would require winning the Powerball.

I'm pretty sure that the holly x tinsel pairing is unique. Of all the cb hollies I'm familiar with, there is only one such pair capable of doing it. So, unless you want to make an inbred checker, there is no possible way to find a checker mate.

The only suggestion I can think of is getting some sort of 2nd gen red-ish common from a silver tinsel. Or a silvery dragon from a cb holly. Maybe Royal Crimson x Silver Tinsel or, as Tigerkralle mentioned, a Holly x Silver Lunar Herald. Or even a Red x Silver pairing, so you don't have to try for a 2nd gen from a Silver Tinsel/Holly. xd.png

I wish you the best of luck!

I got a Bronze Tinsel from the AP and it has a beautiful staircase lineage with CB Mistletoes. I joined in late 2015. I think you can see the problem.

I obviously also don't have any CB Hollies (as cool of a reversal that would make). Not quite sure what to do with this pretty. Any advice?

If you want to try to continue with a stair you might try and see what you think of Fevers as a substitute for the Mistletoes.

Otherwise, the advice AussieJJDude gave you may be the best solution.

2g crimson or gaia from tinsel, silver lunar, or silver would be the way I'd go

If you have the patience, I'd even say a pattern that alternates gaia, lunar, crimson, lunar, gaia, lunar, holly, prize in the base would be fun and pretty.

somewhat like this -> https://dragcave.net/lineage/0c8qU

@ chrispy -maybe try gold lunar instead of bronze, if you don't like the look of that the cassares are fairly decent substitutes too

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wwtoG

Edited by Tawanda001

Maybe try a Terrae pairing, or a matching reverse stair with Terrae x Bronzetin? Male Terrae match the Mistletoe pose pretty well imo.

A friend with a CB Holly? Could breed you a 2nd gen Silver Lunar Herald from Holly...

Replacing Holly with Red and Silver Tinsel with Silver Lunar Herald is my first thought.

Thanks, the Red x Silver Lunar sounds like a really good idea. That'll be continuable for anyone I breed a 3g for, too.

I'm pretty sure that the holly x tinsel pairing is unique. Of all the cb hollies I'm familiar with, there is only one such pair capable of doing it. So, unless you want to make an inbred checker, there is no  possible way to find a checker mate.

The only suggestion I can think of is getting some sort of 2nd gen red-ish common from a silver tinsel. Or a silvery dragon from a cb holly. Maybe Royal Crimson x Silver Tinsel or, as Tigerkralle mentioned, a Holly x Silver Lunar Herald. Or even a Red x Silver pairing, so you don't have to try for a 2nd gen from a Silver Tinsel/Holly. xd.png

I wish you the best of luck!

Hm, the new Silvers don't match tins as well as I'd like. Appreciate the suggestions, though, as well as the knowledge about the unique pair. Certainly makes my new baby super special.

2g crimson or gaia from tinsel, silver lunar, or silver would be the way I'd go

If you have the patience, I'd even say a pattern that alternates gaia, lunar, crimson, lunar, gaia, lunar, holly, prize in the base would be fun and pretty.

somewhat like this -> https://dragcave.net/lineage/0c8qU

Nooooot sure I'm feeling the Gaia, although your alternating pattern is intriguing. I'll run through some mockups later. Thanks for the advice!

You could also trade for a Tinsel with a lineage you *can* continue.

So, I've had an influence fail, resulting in this little Nebula being the wrong colour and gender. However, I like the lineage, so I was wondering what I could breed it as a possible mate. One idea I had was Caligenes with something pale, like a White, but would that work or should I try something else? Any advice, please?

Edited by CharonDusk

I'd go for something that can also "miscolor", e.g. Caligenes with Lunars (silver or gold in 1st and 2nd gen, blue in 3rd?) or Xenos ...

OR your mate could be a blue Lunar from checker with male silver Lunars and red Gemshards xd.png

OR you find someone who can breed you a purple Dorsal from checker of female Shadow Walkers and male red Dorsals (mirror mate).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

So, I've had an influence fail, resulting in this little Nebula being the wrong colour and gender. However, I like the lineage, so I was wondering what I could breed it as a possible mate. One idea I had was Caligenes with something pale, like a White, but would that work or should I try something else? Any advice, please?

The Caligenes would look good, I think. Or how about a mirror with male Hellfires and female Luminas. Then the female Hellfire mate would sort of mirror the miscolor.

Could I create a spiral with her? Gleamingflare

You can't do a typical spiral but you could do two male cb mates then two female then two male, so it's more like a "double spiral".

Ie follow the pattern that you've already set up. So rather than switching the gender of the cb mate every breeding, switch it every two breedings.

You could stick completely with golden wyverns or try making a harvest a partner every third breeding. Ie you would breed to a male harvest this time, then a male golden wyvern, then a female golden wyvern, then a male harvest, etc.

If you want to have some sort of pattern with the mate.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hello everyone! So I have this Albino from alt Caligene and I would like to do an even-gen lineage with silver Shimmerscale.

Should I breed the prize to a Caligene or an Albino, or something else entirely?

Hello everyone! So I have this Albino from alt Caligene and I would like to do an even-gen lineage with silver Shimmerscale.

Should I breed the prize to a Caligene or an Albino, or something else entirely?

It'd definitely breed it to an albino x silver shimmerscale, but that's mostly because I love faux checkers of this kind wub.gif

It'd definitely breed it to an albino x silver shimmerscale, but that's mostly because I love faux checkers of this kind wub.gif

Rogue is male, so unfortunately it would not look much like a checker. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: It would look something like this, except with an Albino instead of a Thunder. Would it look better with a Caligene?

Edited by Meg_752

What do I do with this guy? I feel like his lineage is already as epic as it gets...from years ago. I have no idea what kind of mate would look good with him sad.gif I'm newly back to dragcave and I'm still trying to catch up on all the new dragons that released since I last played in 2010!!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/5EiY

Reposting from the last page sad.gif Help me!

To repeat the shape of the lineage of the mother and the father is easy but the problem is the two lineages are so epic...

Maybe the same shape of lineage and then a two different colours of the same Prize breed (for example Golden Tinsel and Bronze Tinsel) or one lineage with Shimmerscale and the other with Tinsel.

To repeat the shape of the lineage of the mother and the father is easy but the problem is the two lineages are so epic...

Maybe the same shape of lineage and then a two different colours of the same Prize breed (for example Golden Tinsel and Bronze Tinsel) or one lineage with Shimmerscale and the other with Tinsel.

Hmm so I found this one in the AP a few days ago...and even though it's not perfect, I just realized it's got the 5-step I need to breed the right egg for the Dorkface Thuwed.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/a8lSO

If I could find a 5th gen of the opposite gender (once this one genders) that is a different colored shimmerscale, then I think that would work, right?

Edited by Pryanka