Saartje

Lineage Advice

Hi! ^^

So, I'll breed a 2G Day Solstice for someone, what mate would look good for a stair? I feel a bit lost :B

Try a Frostbite. Or take a look at this Day Solstice with Moonstone.

@flame249

I used a male Mageia. But i cannot link the resulting Astrapi because it is not on my scroll. But i think to link this is okay. http://dragcave.net/progeny/BWwCb

Edited by Tigerkralle

Hi! ^^

So, I'll breed a 2G Day Solstice for someone, what mate would look good for a stair? I feel a bit lost :B

I think Solstice looks good with Sunsong.

I have only one CB Whitewing Snow Angel and I was wondering, what dragon would look really good when paired with my SA (to make a future checker)?

I have only one CB Whitewing Snow Angel and I was wondering, what dragon would look really good when paired with my SA (to make a future checker)?

Maybe Silvers? Moonstones?

Try a Frostbite. Or take a look at this Day Solstice with Moonstone.

I think Solstice looks good with Sunsong.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions smile.gif I didn't read them on time so I went for a Silver, but I still have one Solstice left so I'll definitely try one of them! happy.gif

Edited by Kegluneq

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions smile.gif I didn't read them on time so I went for a Silver, but I still have one Solstice left so I'll definitely try one of them! happy.gif

I second the Sunsong idea, and would like to add the Heartseeker, Shadow Walker, Nocturne (looks great when the Nocturne is in night form) and Silver or Bronze Lunar Herald.

@Syferia:

A Lunar Herald, maybe ? Or a Spirit Ward ? Moonstone looks beautiful as well.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dDvM3

I think this is a really pretty lineage, personally, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to continue it or if I even should. Should I do a symmetrical inbred by rereading the same parents next Halloween, or is there a chance of getting someone else to breed something similar? Or should I try to somehow get another female Desipis from bronze Tinsel? I can breed another silver from Mistletoe but I don't own a CB prize. In short is it worth the effort or should I just accept it as it is?

Can do something similar, but with a Shimmer instead of a Tinsel...

I have a lovely Moose, but neither I nor the owners of the siblings can continue the lineage:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cA9V1

I can try to get a similar Rosebud come Valentine's day and make a fork/arrow. Or add Arsanis for the next two generations. Or find somebody who does have a Rosebud. Choices, choices...

user posted image

So I was new to shimmers when I picked this up from either the AP or departures thread. I cannot remember and I obviously was not thinking, blinded by a silver shimmer =P I have no CB RA's so any lineage advice for this?

I am thinking maybe a RA from a reverse stair to make sort of an arrow? But not sure if that would be the best. Thoughts? New ideas?

Edit: The shimmer is a male. -.- bad mistake on my part and I have no Valentine's Day dragons. This year will be my first time being around to grab the newest addition and lineages =P

Edited by ~X~

@~X~; what gender is the hatchie? If it is a female; I would recommend waiting for the next valentine male dragon to come out and mate her with that - or any other male CB valentine dragon if you have one - but if it is a male when I would just do a spiral with a female valentine dragon.

@~X~; what gender is the hatchie? If it is a female; I would recommend waiting for the next valentine male dragon to come out and mate her with that - or any other male CB valentine dragon if you have one - but if it is a male when I would just do a spiral with a female valentine dragon.

He is male, another mistake I made when I picked him up =/

I have no Valentine's Day dragons at all, anytime I have been around I was not around during Valentine's Day (unfortunately). If I attempted your suggestion, it would not be a spiral or a perfect spiral and would also not happen til after the event.

I do not know if an attempt at a spiral would look nice, but definitely will keep it in mind. Thank you for the input.

Well... Valentines is coming! So yay I get to be part of Valentines after taking a... however many year long hiatus! I have this girl that I can breed but the problem is... no frills! I'm not sure what I can use as a sub, any advice?

Well... Valentines is coming! So yay I get to be part of Valentines after taking a... however many year long hiatus! I have this girl that I can breed but the problem is... no frills! I'm not sure what I can use as a sub, any advice?

If only I could lend you my Frill from Valentine'09 for one breeding, Kiriiv =P

As for a suggestion, maybe substitute the Frill with another darker green dragon (Vine maybe from Valentine, or Alt Vine from Valentine?)

Maybe some of these lines? There are some possible lineage outcomes in this album, if you want to look at it. I know the seasonal would not be possible this year but perhaps next year?

Just thoughts, not really sure what would look the best. It was different trying to match with the Spriter Alt.

If only I could lend you my Frill from Valentine'09 for one breeding, Kiriiv =P

As for a suggestion, maybe substitute the Frill with another darker green dragon (Vine maybe from Valentine, or Alt Vine from Valentine?)

Maybe some of these lines? There are some possible lineage outcomes in this album, if you want to look at it. I know the seasonal would not be possible this year but perhaps next year?

Just thoughts, not really sure what would look the best. It was different trying to match with the Spriter Alt.

Ahh... wub.gif If only!! I think I joined the site RIGHT after frills were retired and even then I only played sparsely and didn't really get the chance to collect until this year/this coming year so... I guess it's time to ask around for 2g Vine x 09 unsure.gif

Technically, Lunars also face the same direction, just the rest of their body stands differently laugh.gif And Silvers are too blue, compared to Tinsels. Lumina? Though they have that yellow belly that Tinsels don't have ...

Technically, Lunars also face the same direction, just the rest of their body stands differently laugh.gif And Silvers are too blue, compared to Tinsels. Lumina? Though they have that yellow belly that Tinsels don't have ...

I mean yeah, totally about the body xd.png

Tried the lumina, but I can't help but to feel that their kind of silver is more "muted" than the silver.

The mistletoe has blue so it's kinda fits, more so than Lumina's yellow.

Kinda like the way the silvers are too bright for it. The pose, wings, and build matches beautifully, though!

user posted image

Edited by Pandalf

I just got this beautiful frostbite last night as a gift:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nsb25

I ALSO have this girl:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4Qd7D

I don't think it likely I will be able to get another 2nd gen with those spriter alts, I don't have anything to trade, and I would feel greedy for asking. Particularly as there are many who don't have any 2nd gens. I just want to know a good alternative that might work to build a mate for the first dragon.

Edit:

Some nice person gifted me a mate, so question solved.

Edited by Nectaris

I just got this beautiful frostbite last night as a gift:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nsb25

I ALSO have this girl:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4Qd7D

I don't think it likely I will be able to get another 2nd gen with those spriter alts, I don't have anything to trade, and I would feel greedy for asking.  Particularly as there are many who don't have any 2nd gens.  I just want to know a good alternative that might work to build a mate for the first dragon.

Grats! very pretty

I've always like the way this turned out, maybe you could do something similar using guardians to replace the alts?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0u5Y3

Edited by Tawanda001

I picked up this snow angel from the AP this year, and I am trying to figure out mate options. Ideally, I would just get a 2nd gen gold shimmer from snow angel, but...

Any ideas? It will grow to be a gold winged angel, since that is what is on my scroll.

I picked up this snow angel from the AP this year, and I am trying to figure out mate options. Ideally, I would just get a 2nd gen gold shimmer from snow angel, but...

Any ideas? It will grow to be a gold winged angel, since that is what is on my scroll.

Uhm, the Shimmer in the lineage is bronze. smile.gif

Anyway, this color of Shimmerscale is the hardest to match IMHO. Personally, I have a lineage like this going, but I don't know if it works for yours. (If you do go down that route, though, I'd be happy to send you a 3rd gen as soon as I get one.) I think that the best candidates for mates are either a brown Copper or Pyro Xenowyrm from a white-winged SA mom. (If SA is impossible/too hard to get, try breeding from a white mother.)

I mean yeah, totally about the body xd.png

Tried the lumina, but I can't help but to feel that their kind of silver is more "muted" than the silver.

The mistletoe has blue so it's kinda fits, more so than Lumina's yellow.

Kinda like the way the silvers are too bright for it. The pose, wings, and build matches beautifully, though!

user posted image

i actually really love it with the lumina, even though it's more muted than the tinsels. the shift in the shades gives it a lovely rolling waves kind of feeling to me (but maybe that's the very thing you want to avoid!).

anyhow, i need some advice myself:

i was just fortunate enough to get this and this. my question is, do i influence them both female and work on separate waterhorse x mistletoe checkers -- or do i influence one of them male to breed together as a broken checker? my inclination is to influence both female because my rate of refusals is prohibitive (and i'm not sure anyone cares for broken checkers... although i'd love to have both spriter alts in the lineage).

i was just fortunate enough to get this and this. my question is, do i influence them both female and work on separate waterhorse x mistletoe checkers -- or do i influence one of them male to breed together as a broken checker? my inclination is to influence both female because my rate of refusals is prohibitive (and i'm not sure anyone cares for broken checkers... although i'd love to have both spriter alts in the lineage).

I would influence both of them male to make all the waterhorses look the same, and try to get 3rd gen Mistletoe mates next year.

And possibly Waterhorse x ??? checkers as temporary mates until then. (Fever Wyvern, green Gemshard or Mint to make it similar to the Mistletoes? Or something different?)

Breeding the 3rd gens together would look great, too, but personally I would not risk a refusal.

(I also don't like broken checkers, especially with dimorphism - but the resulting 4th gen with two Alt Mistletoes would probably make up for that. biggrin.gif )

I got this egg, and now I am thinking what I can breed it with. I am going to find a proper mate next Halloween, but it is too long to wait, and till then I want to try something else. What do you think is better to use instead of Graves?

i actually really love it with the lumina, even though it's more muted than the tinsels. the shift in the shades gives it a lovely rolling waves kind of feeling to me (but maybe that's the very thing you want to avoid!).

anyhow, i need some advice myself:

Technically, I can do all. But the other lineages would have to wait until next year, or the year next to it due to mistletoes xd.png

@DarkAngel -- there's a chance you can build a mirror lineage from a male tinsel progenitor. Or, maybe a full on silver x red copper checker?